About the property
- Cottage1760 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Completely updated cottage on Friends Lake in the Adirondacks. Close to Gore Mtn
The property is totally updated with all new interior, including the kitchen and baths (1 1/2), windows and doors. The home also has a brand new furnace .You will be able to enjoy this home in the summer and the winter!
It is part of a small community of homes that share a beach that is just 200 feet away down the hill. In the winter, Gore Mountain is only 25 minutes away.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY BOOKING THIS PROPERTY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THE RENTAL AGREEMENT AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE AND THAT YOU AGREE TO ITS TERMS.
Fully remodeled, 2 bedrooms and loft, screened porch, deck, sleeps 7, lake access w/ 200' of beachfront, dock, canoe, in/outdoor games. Lake George 25 minutes & Saratoga 45 mins away. Come and hike, swim, canoe, relax and play.
The property includes 2 bedrooms, a loft that sleeps two, several spaces for reading, a screened porch and an open deck. Cook your own meals in the new kitchen or travel 3 minutes to the Friends Lake Inn where you can eat an elegant meal in the restaurant or a casual one in the bar area.
You'll have access to the home, the yard, the beach and the dock and the swimming area. Please note that the beach does not have a lifeguard and THAT YOU SWIM, BOAT AND USE THE LAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK.. You can use the canoe, as well as board games. Bring a book- you'll enjoy the sound of the loons and the quiet of the breeze blowing through pines.
There is internet access (if you must) and a DVD player with TV (and full home stereo system).
Because the lake has not been contaminated with invasive species, we do not allow boat access with boats used outside this lake without special permission (it's complicated) and cleaning of the boat by an authorized cleaning service.
ALSO, FOR SAFETY REASONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE FIREPLACE.
Friends Lake is an all-natural 3 mile lake situated in the southern Adirondacks. The lake is home to many native species of both vegetation and fish. The community is quiet, friendly and tight-knit.
Nearby Chestertown- only 10 minutes via auto- has everything a family needs: post office, grocery store, farmer's market, liquor store, library, hardware store, pizzeria, olde fashioned ice cream shop and a gas station.
Other sites of interest:
Cat Mountain on Lake George.
Crane Mountain, Johnsburgh, NY
The Blue Ledges- and it's part of the headwaters of the wonderful Hudson River.
More info on directions to trail heads can be found on google maps.
Please note that the property has a hot tub that does not function- so it wasn't included in the listing.
FINALLY, BY BOOKING A STAY, RENTERS AGREE TO USE THE PREMISES, THE BEACH, THE LAKE AND THE CANOE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO, BY BOOKING A STAY, RENTERS AGREE THAT THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON THE BEACH AND THAT RENTER AND GUESTS SWIM AT THEIR OWN RISK.
No smoking on the premises.
Guests are expected to live by the Golden Rule. No loud parties, or parties with more than 6 guests are allowed as we prefer to protect our home from damages. The community is family-oriented so parties, late-nite revelry and disorderly conduct are not within the bounds of use for this property.
Please review and sign, and upload or email the rental agreement at the time of booking the home.
TERMS OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT:
The Renters agree to abide by the following terms of this Agreement.
1. The Owner has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Renters violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately with no refund due to the Renters.
2. Renters agree to use the Premises as a vacation property only and for no other purpose whatsoever, and in a safe and lawful manner, in accordance with all laws, regulations, and property rules. Renter agrees that any unlawful use of the Premises whatsoever shall cause the immediate termination of this Agreement with no refund of rents or deposits. The Renters agree not to sublet the property. The Renters shall have no more than the above-listed number of persons reside and/or sleep on the premises.
3. Renters expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Renters do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
4. The Renters shall maintain the premises in a safe, sanitary, and orderly condition. The Renters shall leave the premises in a clean and orderly condition. Renters agree to pay for any damages to the Premises and for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a damaged condition or clean and orderly condition.
5. The Renters shall dispose of all waste during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the available bins at the rear of the Premises. Renters agree to pick up and waste of pets and dispose of it in sealed plastic bags in the garbage.
6. Renters agree that no animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises without the prior written consent of the Owner. Renters agree that, should the Owner grant such permission, that the Renters shall only provide the listed pets. Renters assume all liability for any damage, injury and liability caused by the pet and Renters. Renters agree to always have the pet on a leash and under Renters’ control at all times. Renters agree that no pets shall be allowed on the beach at any time.
7. The Renters shall behave shall not create noise or disturbances that disturb or annoy the surrounding residents. Renters understand and agree that creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Renters shall then immediately vacate the premises.
8. Smoking is permitted outside the home only. Renters agree to place all matches and cigarette butts in trash containers.
9. The Renters and Renters' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the incident, injury or loss.
10. Renters agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Owner in order to enforce this Agreement and to collect and monies owed.
11. It is the Renters’ responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning boating on and/or swimming in the lake. Renters agree to provide responsible adult supervision of minors (below the age of 18) at all times. Renters understand and agree that use of the Premises has inherent risks and that the Renters agree to act in a safe manner, in accordance with the Renters’ abilities at all times.
12. RENTER HEREBY AGREES TO USE THE PROPERTY, AND TO SWIM, USE THE LAKE, AND THE CANOE AT RENTERS’ OWN RISK AND TO HOLD HARMLESS THE OWNER FROM ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS FROM USE OF THE PREMISES, INCLUDING THE BEACH AND THE LAKE AND THE BOAT(S).
13. Renters understand that the Premises contains cleaning supplies, chemicals and tools that can be hazardous to children and adults and that Renter will safeguard all residents from such items.
14. Renters understand that there is no air conditioning on the Premises.
15. Renters agree that any disputes over this Agreement shall use Warren County in the State of New York as the venue of legal activities. Renters agree first to arbitrate any disputes under this agreement prior to litigation in a court of law.
James L. Flacke and the Flacke Family
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About James L. Flacke and the Flacke Family
I'm a lover of the Adirondacks and have been the owner of this home for several years.
James L. Flacke and the Flacke Family purchased this Cottage in 2007
Why James L. Flacke and the Flacke Family chose Chestertown
It's a cute cottage located on Friends Lake- a clean and natural lake with no invasive species! It's close to Lake George, Gore Mountain Ski Area, and many hiking trails and other lakes.
What makes this Cottage unique
The home is completely redone with eco-friendly materials. It's warm, has both a deck and screened porch and lovely new kitchen and baths. There's also a laundry upstairs for your use.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Best cottage house
The house is amazing !!!
Thank you, Gianfranco. We work hard to make our home special for our guests.
The house is absolutely beautiful. Updated kitchen and bathrooms, it was perfect. Just a short walk to the lake, we loved it!!! Looking forward to coming back!!!
Great place for a nice family vacation.
Great location- quick-walk to Friends Lake. It was peaceful and relaxing. and the home was just wonderful. It had everything you could need or want and then some. You would not be disappointed in this rental.
Comfortable, beautifully done and a great beach.
This home is so very easy to visit and live in. It's wonderfully decorated and so comfortable and convenient to live in with the beautiful kitchen, bedrooms and laundry upstairs. I highly recommend it. And the beach and area are so nice.
Awesome cottage. Very clean and comfortable. Loved the screened in porch. Close walk to the Friends Lake. Caught a fish!! Not a far ride to Lake George.
Beautifully renovated house with everything you need!
This house was perfect for a girls getaway weekend... exactly what we needed! The house is beautifully renovated with everything you could need (towels, linens, comfortable beds, the kitchen is fully stocked, DVD player, in house sound system, canoe, folding chairs for down by the lake, screened in porch). It is a nice, quiet, family community. The lake wasn't too busy and we enjoyed canoeing around to look at the other houses.
We cooked in most of the time, but did do dinner out one night about three miles away in Chestertown. We ate at the Bullhouse, which had a nice atmosphere and good food.
James was very easy to work with!
Gore Mountain Ski Area. Schroon Lake Adirondack Museum Lake George Village Great Escape Amusement Park Mountain Climbing and Hiking
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change. Please note that bookings are non-refundable; clients can substitute another date(s) OF EQUAL VALUE OF ONE, CONTIGUOUS STAY at the home, within one year of the booking. The damage deposit is set up for clients who leave the home unusually dirty, which unfortunately has happened about 25% of the time. Sorry.