|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Welcome to The Nest!
*Another offering from the owners of The Lodge, The Inn and The Castle*
A private, super-cozy apartment on the second floor of a three story building.
- (1) Queen size bed. Sleeps two.
Southern bedroom/Living room:
- (1) Queen size sofa bed. Sleeps two.
- (2) Twin size air mattresses. Sleeps two.
Huge deck with a great view of the city.
- Washer and Dryer (detergent and dryer sheets included)
- Free high speed WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen TV
- Cable TV
- Fresh, fluffy towels
- Fresh, crisp linen
- Coffee Maker
- Pots, pans, plates, glasses, all kitchenware
- Ironing Board
The Nest is one and a half blocks from the Queensboro Bridge (also known as the 59th St. Bridge) which takes you to Midtown Manhattan.
- 17 min. WALK to the Apple Store on 5th Ave.
- 9 min. BICYCLE ride to main entrance of Central Park.
- Bicycle rental two blocks away.
- Dedicated bicycle path on the bridge.
- You can be in the middle of NYC in literally 5 minutes.
- We've actually timed this :).
The Nest is within a three block radius to six different train stations:
Two blocks from the N, Q and 7 trains.
- ONE stop to the city.
- FOUR stops to Grand Central Station
- SEVEN stops to Times Square.
Three blocks from the E, M and R trains.
- TWO stops to the city.
Six blocks from the F train.
- TWO stops to the city.
$5 - $9 Cab ride.
Taxis (which are very easy to hail from The Nest):
- About $19 to La Guardia
- About $35 to JFK Airport.
- E train, 3 blocks from The Nest, to JFK
- N train, 2 blocks from The Nest, to La Guardia.
The Nest offers the best of both worlds. A quiet, safe neighborhood while being the CLOSEST thing to the city (any closer we'd be IN the city)!
There are great restaurants and a handful of bars within walking distance. A 10 minute walk will bring you to PS1, a satellite museum of The Metropolitan Museum of Art (MoMA). It has great, funky pieces of art from cutting edge artists. PS1 also host amazing summertime parties called "The Warmup Sessions" with international DJ's. A little further on is the Pulaski bridge connecting to Brooklyn.
Street parking generally opens up by 4pm. There are also parking lots within two blocks charging between $7-12 for the day.
We pride ourselves in going above and beyond for our guests and if we can accommodate you, we will.
As the managing director of The Nest, I'm always a flight of stairs away if needed. As a native New Yorker I can suggest places to go, things to do and point out cool little spots that only New Yorkers know about :).
Please feel free to contact with any questions you may have.
House Rules: 1. No smoking indoors.
2. Copy of ID or Passport upon arrival.
3. Please take shoes off when entering.
4. Please recycle (recycling bins provided).
5. You are welcome to use anything provided.
6. No loud music after 9 pm.
7. Non registered guests must leave by 9 pm.
8. Please treat The Nest as if it were your own and leave it as you've found it.
9. If you don't want to use washer/dryer, pick up/drop off laundry is available upon request
10. We will try to accommodate any possible requests so please ask!
11. Welcome to The Nest!
This apartment was very close to both the queens station and the queensboro station. While it states that it can have 6 people we found it quite small. It would be more suited for a maximum of 4 people. We had 6 people, 4 of which were kids and we seemed to be on top of each other, especially with luggage. I never got a chance to meet Aram so I can't comment on that. It was great to have laundry facilities available.