House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 8)
- english, spanish
About Casa Norte
We both grew up in cold and snowy Utah. Mandi is an amazing 10 year plus, experienced realtor who knows the value of building and maintaining relationships with her customers. Frank is a entrepreneur who has started several successful companies, including a software company that he sold to Charlie Munger, associate of Warren Buffet and Vice Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway. Now Mandi and Frank and our seven year old world traveler, Paislee split our time between Ogden, Utah and Sayulita, Mexico. We look forward to getting to know you and sharing your stories of how you found your way to Sayulita.
Casa Norte purchased this House in 2011
Why Casa Norte chose Sayulita
Our journey to Sayulita was serendipitous. When a planned trip to Cabo San Lucas fell through due to a hurricane, we quickly changed our plans to spend a couple of days in Puerto Vallarta and a couple of days in Sayulita. We immediately fell in love with the people, vibe and pace of Sayulita. Over the course of the year we ventured back to Sayulita a dozen times and stayed in MANY homes. When we stayed at Casa Norte (formerly Casa Conchita), we knew that our life was about to change. The attention to detail of the home maintained a balance of local flair, but had a chic modern interior design. The prior owners Storm and Courtney Richardson spared no expense when they re-modeled Casa Norte. They were amazing hosts, and created a culture of service with every renter. Now we own the place that we loved so much, are excited to share this amazing property and maintain this culture of service with each of you. We hope that your trip here leads you on your own serendipity path.
What makes this House unique
- Extreme detail and design into the accommodations from beautiful tile work, remodeled interior, kitchen. - A two minute walk to the beach. How can you beat that? - Each bedroom has an air-conditioner. - Modern washer and dryer in the home makes your trips so comfortable and gives you all the reason to extend your stay. - One of the biggest pools as close to the beach in town. - Interior design by prior owners is amazing. Each item was perfectly chosen. - Outdoor dining and seating area is located in a ceiling fan cooled palapa. Experience Sayulita like you should experience Sayulita... outdoors.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - Nothing specific. Just treat the home like yours.Nothing specific. Just treat the home like yours.
Parties/events allowed - Nothing specific. Just treat the home like yours.Nothing specific. Just treat the home like yours.
No smoking - You can smoke outside.You can smoke outside.
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
Relaxing two weeks at Casa Norte!
We had a great time in Sayulita and our stay at Casa Norte was just what we were hoping for! The house was spacious and clean, the kitchen was stocked with all amenities needed for cooking and we were a short walk into town. A few things to note:
1. The houses "living area" is all outside under the palapa. This is normally exactly what we love since the weather is beautiful, but this time the mosquitos really gave us a bad time. You'll need lots of bug spray.
2. We prefer to cook most of our meals while traveling. The BBQ at the house could really use some replacement parts as it's pretty difficult to light without singeing all your arm hair and the cooking grates are really old. We worked around these issues, but they are worth noting for the next renter. The kitchen pots/pans are fantastic though! Kitchen could use another spatula, there is only one.
3. You will be doing daily cleaning of the pool on your own. This was a first for us, as our last stay in Sayulita the house manager came to clean the pool each morning. The pool guy showed every few days, but literally just threw pool chemicals in, flipped a switch and left.
4. The property manager, Gabbi, was very welcoming when we arrived. He gave us a great tour of the home and helped get us settled. After that, he was a bit difficult to reach during our stay. Multiple texts/emails that weren't answered. But then Nick stopped by and it was great to meet him too and he was able to answer all of our remaining questions and was super helpful. I know all renters are different, but we really would have appreciated a "drop in" to check up on things maybe mid-week.
Overall, it was a great stay at a very comfortable home. Thank you Frank and Mandi for sharing your beautiful place with us!
Thanks Laura for the constructive feedback and your stay. 😀
Perfect Location and Atmosphere
Casa Norte is even better than the pictures! Our family of four, including two very active boys (9 & 11) were very happy with our choice in places to stay. The pool was bigger than it looked in the pictures, the kitchen has everything we needed, and the rooms were very comfortable. The distance into the main part of town is a short 5 minute walk, and the beach was right across the street. The house is on the north side of the beach which is the best part. Much more peaceful and less crowded. This was important to us because although it was not high season the central part of the beach was very overcrowded and not exactly relaxing. Location was just perfect. Frank was very helpful in setting us up with a ride from the airport, a golf cart, and a catamaran adventure on Ally Cat adventures which I highly recommend. Overall, we were very happy with our stay (if you can handle the humidity in August). The pool was a lifesaver at the end of a long hot day!! The air conditioning was too. ;). Thank you to Frank, Nick, and the rest of the staff!
Best week ever
We stayed at Carsa Norte for a week for my daughters wedding. We had 8 guests, and the accommodations were very comfortable. The staff was meticulous, and thorough. Anytime we had a question or concern, Nick was just a phone call away. The location is excellent; within walking distances to everything. The place is so beautiful and comfortable that many of the wedding guests chose to gather around the pool. I would highly recommend staying here while visiting Sayulita. It truly is a home away from home!
Tip top service
Frank and the entire team looking after Casa Norte do an excellent job of making sure your stay is just perfect. They are so welcoming, helpful and kind. The home is a beautiful space for families. We would certainly stay again.
Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope to have you back.
Amazing sayulita house!
This house was awesome!