Welcome to Our Charming Safed (Tzfat) Old City Stone Home!
Recently repainted to provide a better hospitality experience for our guests.
Our property was formally an Art Gallery 30 years ago as our guests will first notice the unique architecture that include Safed (Tzfat) Stoned Arches around the windows, room entry, and marble arch in the small bedroom.
We are centrally located on ancient and picturesque mountaintop (Old City of Safed (Tzfat - Artist Quarter) that is known as the center of Kabbalah Jewish mysticism, and hosts each summer the annual The International Klezmer Music Festival.
Our property is your "Home Sweet Home" with the coziest, most comfortable Bed Rooms in the most remarkable, Ancient Old City of Safed (Tzfat), the City of Mysticism in Northern Israel in the mountains of the Upper Galilee.
Our property can comfortable accommodate 4 and perhaps 5 guests at a time.
Our guests will have full access to all rooms and use of the kitchen, bathroom, living area, and Wi-Fi Wireless Internet.
Our property features one double bed, single bed, long sofa bed, spare double mattress, two dinning tables, Shabbat warmer, kettle, refrigerator, stove, plates, flatware, and plenty of comfort.
Our Property is centrally located in the Old City of Safed (Tzfat) in the Artist Quarter and only a stone throw away from major shops, cafe's, restaurants on the main street, and most ancient sites.
We are within a minutes walk from the Safed (Tzfat) Central Bus Station.
There are not many homes left that are right in the heart of the mountain which makes this home very unique at the foot steps of the Art Galleries, Ancient Religious Sites, Museums, and Various Restaurants, and Supermarkets.
You will find some properties in the Artist Quarter who claim they are centrally located in the Artist Quarter of the Old City.
However, you will find in reality this is not case as you have to walk 10-15 minutes up a hill from Aliya Bet Street to Jerusalem street where the center of most major Ancient Religious Sites, Creative Art Galleries, Museums, Restaurants, Supermarkets, and Tourist Shops are actually located.
We are within a minutes walk from the Safed (Tzfat) Central Bus Station that offers transportation through out Safed (Tzfat) and Northern Israel. Taxi Services are offered as well.
All buses leave from the Safed (Tzfat) Central Bus station that can get our guests to most major cities within Israel.
Safed is also easy accessible by major highways throughout Central and Northern Israel.
Our rental is most suitable for one couple, families, singles, group of friends, or anyone who is looking for a weekend getaway.
Our property is professional cleaned before every guest arrival.
We include a special service where every guest will be personally greeted upon arrival in Safed (Tzfat).
What we charge for the entire house, is what most places in the Old City Charge for a very small room.
Having the entire house to our guests offers them security, privacy, and comfort.
We are friendly and very happy to assist our guests with any questions and are knowledgeable of things to see and do in Safed (Tzfat) and in the Golan, Galilee area.
We speak both English and Hebrew.
All Buses generally go from the bus station, its no problem getting around. Be prepared for some uphill walking though as remember you are on a mountain!
There is both free and paid parking in front of the Art Galleries on Arlozorov St and throughout the Artist Quarter in the Old City of Safed (Tzfat).
Guests arriving Saturday evenings or immediately following a holiday should contact us 24 hours in advance for more details of our check-in procedure.
Please note that shops and supermarkets close early on Shabbat and some might be closed on Friday. Please plan accordingly.
House Rules: Rules of Old City Stones Holiday Rental
1. Check-in times are between 14:30-21:00 unless prior arrangements are made in advance.
2. Check-out between 11:30-12:00 PM.
3. Guests arriving Saturday evenings or immediately following a holiday should contact us 72 hours in advance for more details of our check-in procedure
4. Shabbat check-in is no later then 2 hours before sundown and Check-out is no later than 1 hour after Shabbat.
Free Wireless Internet
Bed linen and towels
Cleaning of the entire apartment on the 1st and 4th day including change of bed linen and towels.
Soap, shampoo, and toilet paper
Local tour guide recommendations
If necessary, 10:00-21:00 at your disposal the property management of the property by phone.
5. Guests must abide by the rules of public order and accommodation.
6. Guest are responsible for maintain order in the apartment and the shared courtyard.
7. Guests are liable for any loss or damage to property of the apartment and shall indemnify the full amount on the basis of an act of property damage.
8. For damaged or missing towels or bed lined from negligence will be charged, corresponding to their value (stains from coffee, wine, beer, chocolate, fruit, berries, lipstick, in washes, and other hard substances).
9. Guests will be charged 20 NIS for lost keys to the apartment.
10. Smoking in the apartment is strictly forbidden! 350 NIS penalty will be charged.
11. Any evidence of pets in the apartment, guests will be charged a cleaning fee of 220 ILS.
12. There is small fee for parking during the day by the city of Tzfat. Parking is FREE after 4:00 PM and during holidays and Shabbat.
13. All children under 12 stay free of charge. Older children or additional adults are charged between $11-$15 per night depending on the time of year.
14. WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No meals are included in the room rate.
16. If the booking is cancelled by the guest a minimum of 5 days before check-in (12 noon, local time) the amount refunded will be 100% of the booking amount minus ------- service fees.
If the booking is cancelled within 5 days of the check-in date there will be no refund issued.
We offer a Kosher Kitchen where guests can prepare their meals and bring their own meals to enjoy in the conform our home.
We had a great time at the Old City Stone Home. Was very comfortable for 4. We got in very late and Marla was so helpful and accommodating to wait for us and help us out. She really went out of her way to get us situated. She even gave us some references for breakfast. What a great little city with some amazing history.