Please make sure to send me a message first, before sending a booking request! In your first message, please do not forget to include your gender, age, country, Kyoto travel schedule, and purpose of your travel.
PLEASE NEVER try to negotiate a deal outside of this website. You should not contact me with the intention to pay cash upon check-in. If you do it, I will report you to the website administrator.
This page is for "entire house" booking of this guest house to be used for a group of 2 guests. The guest house is not for just one person's stay. For booking for a group of 3 -6 guests, please check "Group of 3-6 " version of the page. Thank you.
- There are three bedrooms (Twin Bed Room x 2, Smaller Twin Bed Room x 1)
- Twin Bed Rooms are equipped with AC.
- Smaller Twin Bedroom is equipped with Cooler (Panel Heater in winter time).
- All beds are low beds.
- The guest house is for 2 to 6 people. It's set up most suitably for 4 people.
- If it is to be used by 6 people, it's best to expect that two of them will be sleeping in an extra space.
- The guest house cannot be used by just one person or a group of more than 7 people.
- There is a living room, equipped with AC, on the first floor where everyone can get together and relax.
- With big and small shower heads, the bathroom is quite spacious.
- Cooking tools and dish are provided for your use.
- Also provided are: IH Cooking Table, Pot and Pan, Kitchen Knife, Microwave, Oven Toaster, Hot Water Dispenser, Fridge, Other Cooking Tools
- If you are going to cook in the kitchen, please notify us in advance. Without advance notice, we won't be able to prepare things like seasonings.
- If you use the kitchen, please clean it properly before check out.
- Provided: Bath Towel, Face Towel, Body Towel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Soap, Hair Dryer
- Not Provided: Pajama, Sleeping Wear, Shaver, Toothbrush, TV, Stereo, Internet Connection Service
- Check-in will be handled at a designated cafe in Manjuji Takakura. Address of the cafe will be notified after a booking request gets accepted.
- Time: From 2:30 pm (Please let us know your needs regarding the check-in time)
- At the cafe, we will explain the guest house rules and so on.
- After check-in process is done, we will send you to the guest house by taxi. We will cover the taxi cost.
- Time: By 11 am
- Before checking out, guests must notify us at a designated phone number.
- Locking: After notifying us, guests are required to lock the entrance.
- Please make sure to turn off lights and electronics before checking out.
- Please make sure not to leave your belongings at the guest house.
City Bus: 4 min walk from Higashiyama Yasui Bus Stop, 4 min walk from Kiyomizu Bust Stop
Taxi: 13 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 14 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
Note: All times are approximate.
Karasumaru Line: 4 min walk from Gojo Station (Exit 1)
City Bus: 3 min walk from Karasumaru Gojo Bus Stop, 5 min walk from Gojo Takakura Bus Stop
Taxi: 8 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 10 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
It's a Machiya style cafe, often used as a gallery space for artists.
- Guests will be able to stay at the guest house from 3 pm to 11 am.
- The guest house is available for a group of from two to six people.
- It is not available for just one person's stay.
- Maximum duration of stay: 3 days
- For a group of more than 7 people or a stay of more than four days, please ask us.
The guest house is being managed as a short-term rental space to be used only by registered members.
Before check-in, guests will have to be registered as members. The registration is free.
House Rules: - Absolutely NO SMOKING inside the property, including the garden.
- Due to maintenance, our staff may enter the guest house while you are staying. If you are staying for more than one day and have a request regarding this maintenance work, please let us know in advance.
- Please be careful with fire and knifes, for example, if you use the kitchen.
- Because the house is old, you may feel some features not so comfortable, including the stairs (steep) and some of the ceilings (low). Please be careful. We will not be held responsible should you sustain injuries.
- Please do not use facilities like bathroom and kitchen in a heavily drunk state.
- Due to the features of the neighborhood and the building, voices/noises from next door may seep into the house. Likewise, sound made from inside the guest house may be heard outside. Please be mindful of this and be courteous to the neighbors. If we get a considerable level of complaint from neighbors, we may have to ask you to leave the property. Should such situation arise, there will be no refund for the stay.
- You are not allowed to bring: animals, birds, other kinds of pets, things with stench, things that make loud sound, things that could lead to fire, guns/knives/swords that are not legalized, other thing that don't comply with regulations and laws in Japan/Kyoto.
- You are not allowed to invite people to the house who are not included in the reservation. You are not allowed to bring such people without approval from us.
- Please make sure to lock when you go out of the house. Please do not tell anybody the house entrance security code.
- We will not be held responsible for theft. Please be very careful with your personal belongings.
- If there is anything left inside the fridge after checking out, we will dispose of them.
- If considerable damage gets made to the property due to accidents and natural disasters that are out of our control, we may have to cancel the reservation. If such scenario happens, we will notify you in a timely manner. If this happens, we will not be able to compensate for the cancellation or introduce alternative places to stay.
What a lovely old house, super charming, elegant and well-maintained. We booked the whole place for just the two of us, but I can see six people staying most comfortably here. The location is superb, with many major tourist sites within walking distance. Maeda Coffee Shop is just a few steps up the street and it serves the most amazing breakfasts -- croque monsieur, BELT sandwiches, etc. The futons were fluffy and comfortable and we didn't miss our beds at all. But my favourite part of the house is actually the bathroom, specifically the soaking tub, which I used every night. I would love to install one back home! The host was also very gracious in sending us some strawberries and a small souvenir during our stay. The only minor quibbles I have are with (1) the complicated check-in process, which involves getting to a cafe to meet someone before being put into a cab to go to the actual house, (2) lack of maps of the surrounding area (we wandered around quite a while looking for a laundromat and dinner the first night, and had problems getting back when we tried to take a taxi), and (3) lack of wifi (think we were too spoiled by the previous place we stayed in in Tokyo which provided pocket wifi). But overall, we are very satisfied and happy with our stay and would highly recommend this to all our friends headed to Kyoto. Special thanks to Hiroko for being so nice and helpful!
The house has a superb location as it's just 2-3 mins away from a few must go tourist spots. The proximity to supermarkets and a range of restaurants which means that we can either cook in the house or dine out. The owner is also kind and helpful - we met him at his café and he has prepared all the instructions and paperwork for us to use the facilities in the house. Worth mentioning - the hot bath in the house is excellent. It's clean and automatic with constant temperature! My husband didn't even want to come out of it!