About the property
- House1291 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 nights
House Vacation Rentals, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 2
What is STAR Host? : STAR Hosts are experienced hosts who have met and exceeded HomeAways STAR hosting criteria
Please make sure to send me a message first, before sending a booking request! In your first message, please do not forget to include your gender, age, country, Kyoto travel schedule, and purpose of your travel.
PLEASE NEVER try to negotiate a deal outside of this website. You should not contact me with the intention to pay cash upon check-in. If you do it, I will report you to the website administrator.
This page is for "entire house" booking of this guest house to be used for a group of 2 guests. The guest house is not for just one person's stay. For booking for a group of 3 -6 guests, please check "Group of 3-6 " version of the page. Thank you.
About the Guest House
The guest house is located in Kyoto Higashiyama, which has many great tourist spots that include Maruyama Park, Ishibe Kouji, Kdai-ji Temple, Yasaka Pagoda, Ninenzaka, Sanneizaka, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Ryozen Kannon, Kennin-ji, Hanami Kouji, and Gion. The building used to be a high-grade Japanese restaurant. Even though it is located in one of the best tourism areas of Kyoto, the neighborhood is quiet and relaxing.
- There are three bedrooms (Twin Bed Room x 2, Smaller Twin Bed Room x 1)
- Twin Bed Rooms are equipped with AC.
- Smaller Twin Bedroom is equipped with Cooler (Panel Heater in winter time).
- All beds are low beds.
- The guest house is for 2 to 6 people. It's set up most suitably for 4 people.
- If it is to be used by 6 people, it's best to expect that two of them will be sleeping in an extra space.
- The guest house cannot be used by just one person or a group of more than 7 people.
- There is a living room, equipped with AC, on the first floor where everyone can get together and relax.
- With big and small shower heads, the bathroom is quite spacious.
Counter & Kitchen
- Cooking tools and dish are provided for your use.
- Also provided are: IH Cooking Table, Pot and Pan, Kitchen Knife, Microwave, Oven Toaster, Hot Water Dispenser, Fridge, Other Cooking Tools
- If you are going to cook in the kitchen, please notify us in advance. Without advance notice, we won't be able to prepare things like seasonings.
- If you use the kitchen, please clean it properly before check out.
- Provided: Bath Towel, Face Towel, Body Towel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Soap, Hair Dryer, WiFi Connection
- Not Provided: Pajama, Sleeping Wear, Shaver, Toothbrush, TV, Stereo.
How to Stay
- Check-in will be handled at a designated cafe in Manjuji Takakura. Address of the cafe will be notified after a booking request gets accepted.
- Time: From 3:00 pm (Please let us know your needs regarding the check-in time)
- At the cafe, we will explain the guest house rules and so on.
- After check-in process is done, we will send you to the guest house by taxi. We will cover the taxi cost.
- Time: By 11 am
- Before checking out, guests must notify us at a designated phone number.
- Locking: After notifying us, guests are required to lock the entrance.
- Please make sure to turn off lights and electronics before checking out.
- Please make sure not to leave your belongings at the guest house.
Keihan Honsen Line: 12 min walk from Gion-Shij Station, 15 min walk from Kiyomizu-Goj Station
City Bus: 4 min walk from Higashiyama Yasui Bus Stop, 4 min walk from Kiyomizu Bust Stop
Taxi: 13 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 14 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
Note: All times are approximate.
The guest house's area includes famous spots including Yasaka Shrine, Kdai-ji Temple, Ishibe Kouji, Ninenzaka Sanneizaka, Kiyomizu-dera Temple. Also, there are convenience stores and grocery stores nearby.
Cafe (For check-in)
Karasumaru Line: 4 min walk from Gojo Station (Exit 1)
City Bus: 3 min walk from Karasumaru Gojo Bus Stop, 5 min walk from Gojo Takakura Bus Stop
Taxi: 8 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 10 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
It's a Machiya style cafe, often used as a gallery space for artists.
- Guests will be able to stay at the guest house from 3 pm to 11 am.
- The guest house is available for a group of from two to six people.
- It is not available for just one person's stay.
- Maximum duration of stay: 4 days
- For a group of more than 7 people or a stay of more than four days, please ask us.
Membership Registration (Free)
The guest house is being managed as a short-term rental space to be used only by registered members.
Before check-in, guests will have to be registered as members. The registration is free.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
What a lovely old house, super charming, elegant and well-maintained. We booked the whole place for
What a lovely old house, super charming, elegant and well-maintained. We booked the whole place for just the two of us, but I can see six people staying most comfortably here. The location is superb, with many major tourist sites within walking distance. Maeda Coffee Shop is just a few steps up the street and it serves the most amazing breakfasts -- croque monsieur, BELT sandwiches, etc. The futons were fluffy and comfortable and we didn't miss our beds at all. But my favourite part of the house is actually the bathroom, specifically the soaking tub, which I used every night. I would love to install one back home! The host was also very gracious in sending us some strawberries and a small souvenir during our stay. The only minor quibbles I have are with (1) the complicated check-in process, which involves getting to a cafe to meet someone before being put into a cab to go to the actual house, (2) lack of maps of the surrounding area (we wandered around quite a while looking for a laundromat and dinner the first night, and had problems getting back when we tried to take a taxi), and (3) lack of wifi (think we were too spoiled by the previous place we stayed in in Tokyo which provided pocket wifi). But overall, we are very satisfied and happy with our stay and would highly recommend this to all our friends headed to Kyoto. Special thanks to Hiroko for being so nice and helpful!
The house has a superb location as it's just 2-3 mins away from a few must go tourist spots. The
The house has a superb location as it's just 2-3 mins away from a few must go tourist spots. The proximity to supermarkets and a range of restaurants which means that we can either cook in the house or dine out. The owner is also kind and helpful - we met him at his café and he has prepared all the instructions and paperwork for us to use the facilities in the house. Worth mentioning - the hot bath in the house is excellent. It's clean and automatic with constant temperature! My husband didn't even want to come out of it!
Additional information about rental rates
Check in after 3:00 PM, check out before 11:00 AM Cancellation Policy - Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival (additional cancellation charges may apply)