|Space||1,291 sq. ft.|
Please make sure to send me a message first, before sending a booking request! In your first message, please do not forget to include your gender, age, country, Kyoto travel schedule, and purpose of your travel.
PLEASE NEVER try to negotiate a deal outside of this website. You should not contact me with the intention to pay cash upon check-in. If you do it, I will report you to the website administrator.
This page is for "entire house" booking of this guest house to be used for a group of 2 guests. The guest house is not for just one person's stay. For booking for a group of 3 -6 guests, please check "Group of 3-6 " version of the page. Thank you.
- There are three bedrooms (Twin Bed Room x 2, Smaller Twin Bed Room x 1)
- Twin Bed Rooms are equipped with AC.
- Smaller Twin Bedroom is equipped with Cooler (Panel Heater in winter time).
- All beds are low beds.
- The guest house is for 2 to 6 people. It's set up most suitably for 4 people.
- If it is to be used by 6 people, it's best to expect that two of them will be sleeping in an extra space.
- The guest house cannot be used by just one person or a group of more than 7 people.
- There is a living room, equipped with AC, on the first floor where everyone can get together and relax.
- With big and small shower heads, the bathroom is quite spacious.
- Cooking tools and dish are provided for your use.
- Also provided are: IH Cooking Table, Pot and Pan, Kitchen Knife, Microwave, Oven Toaster, Hot Water Dispenser, Fridge, Other Cooking Tools
- If you are going to cook in the kitchen, please notify us in advance. Without advance notice, we won't be able to prepare things like seasonings.
- If you use the kitchen, please clean it properly before check out.
- Provided: Bath Towel, Face Towel, Body Towel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Hand Soap, Hair Dryer
- Not Provided: Pajama, Sleeping Wear, Shaver, Toothbrush, TV, Stereo, Internet Connection Service
- Check-in will be handled at a designated cafe in Ryogaemachi-nijyo-kita. Address of the cafe will be notified after a booking request gets accepted.
- Time: From 3:00 pm (Please let us know your needs regarding the check-in time)
- At the cafe, we will explain the guest house rules and so on.
- After check-in process is done, we will send you to the guest house by taxi. We will cover the taxi cost.
- Time: By 11 am
- Before checking out, guests must notify us at a designated phone number.
- Locking: After notifying us, guests are required to lock the entrance.
- Please make sure to turn off lights and electronics before checking out.
- Please make sure not to leave your belongings at the guest house.
City Bus: 4 min walk from Higashiyama Yasui Bus Stop, 4 min walk from Kiyomizu Bust Stop
Taxi: 13 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 14 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
Note: All times are approximate.
Karasuma Line: 5 min walk from karasuma-oike
City Bus: 5 min walk from Karasuma oike Bus Stop, 1 min walk from karasuma-nijyo Bus Stop
Taxi: 10 min from Kyoto Station (Karasumaru Exit), 15 min from Kyoto Station (Hachijo Exit)
It's a Machiya style cafe, often used as a gallery space for artists.
- Guests will be able to stay at the guest house from 3 pm to 11 am.
- The guest house is available for a group of from two to six people.
- It is not available for just one person's stay.
- Maximum duration of stay: 7 days
- For a group of more than 7 people or a stay of more than four days, please ask us.
House Rules: - Absolutely NO SMOKING inside the property, including the garden.
- Due to maintenance, our staff may enter the guest house while you are staying. If you are staying for more than one day and have a request regarding this maintenance work, please let us know in advance.
- Please be careful with fire and knifes, for example, if you use the kitchen.
- Because the house is old, you may feel some features not so comfortable, including the stairs (steep) and some of the ceilings (low). Please be careful. We will not be held responsible should you sustain injuries.
- Please do not use facilities like bathroom and kitchen in a heavily drunk state.
- Due to the features of the neighborhood and the building, voices/noises from next door may seep into the house. Likewise, sound made from inside the guest house may be heard outside. Please be mindful of this and be courteous to the neighbors. If we get a considerable level of complaint from neighbors, we may have to ask you to leave the property. Should such situation arise, there will be no refund for the stay.
- You are not allowed to bring: animals, birds, other kinds of pets, things with stench, things that make loud sound, things that could lead to fire, guns/knives/swords that are not legalized, other thing that don't comply with regulations and laws in Japan/Kyoto.
- You are not allowed to invite people to the house who are not included in the reservation. You are not allowed to bring such people without approval from us.
- Please make sure to lock when you go out of the house. Please do not tell anybody the house entrance security code.
- We will not be held responsible for theft. Please be very careful with your personal belongings.
- If there is anything left inside the fridge after checking out, we will dispose of them.
- If considerable damage gets made to the property due to accidents and natural disasters that are out of our control, we may have to cancel the reservation. If such scenario happens, we will notify you in a timely manner. If this happens, we will not be able to compensate for the cancellation or introduce alternative places to stay.
Excellent location in Gion and yet is not noisy as it is in a quiet street.
Our stay was absoutely wonderful! Beautiful house, excellent location and wonder host. We would definitely recommend.
With all hotels booked for cherry blossom season, we booked this traditional machiya for 6 people and we couldn't have been happier.
The location is right in the midst of the historical east side of Kyoto, a 20 minute walk from Gion and a number of temples, and a 5 minute walk will get you to a bus stop that can take you directly to a number of convenient subway stations.
The house itself is beautiful inside, with traditional tatami-floored rooms, printed screens, and a nice area downstairs to relax or even cook if you desire (although there are so many great restaurants nearby that I don't know why you would). Two toilets are sufficient for a number of people, and the single shower/bath works nicely. The rooms have heater/AC units included. It's still a very traditional feel, so don't expect the spacious luxury of a western hotel, but we found this to be a much more rewarding place to stay and very comfortable.
The host was incredibly helpful in booking the house and a little bit of trip planning, and even provided maps to locations nearby that we asked about (such as a laundromat, 2 minutes walk away).