|Minimum Stay||5 - 7 nights|
5BR Ocean Kai was recently built on the oceanfront in Cayman Kai. Tall ceilings, wide verandah and large windowed greatroom, dining table and kitchen area within an open architecture floorplan with fabulous ocean views. 5,500 square feet of lofty living space, including a shady outdoor covered area. Also an enormous private pool deck with a 38 foot pool, overlooking the beach and ocean.
Full amenities, WiFi, Flat-screen TVs, (5) en-suite bathrooms and superb ocean views from three bedrooms, mezzanine and living area. The covered verandah on the oceanfront provides sectional sofa seating and dining options.
On entering the front foyer there is a wow factor as you take a wall of glass doors/windows with elevated views of the Caribbean and pool deck which is a few steps down to the sandy beach.
The open plan living area has a cathedral ceiling with a mezzanine floor with glass railings overlooking and providing a 15 foot by 30 foot large TV viewing and relaxation area overlooking the Caribbean.
-Large private pool
-Airy high ceilings in all rooms
-Large living area overlooking the ocean
-Mezzanine TV/relaxation area.
-Wifi indoors and on verandah
-TV's in 4 bedrooms
-Oceanfront covered verandah with sectional sofa
-Outdoor dining table and chairs
-Indoor dining table for 10 plus
-High end kitchen/appliances
-Large bathrooms, bathtubs and separate showers in master suites
-Bedrooms very private and quiet with solid doors, masonry construction
-Large pool deck with plenty of chaises for sunbathing
-Sandy beach with excellent snorkeling inside coral reef
Oceanfront Master Suite 1
King size 4 poster bed, very large well fitted stone and granite bathroom with two sinks, large soaking bathtub and large separate shower. 8 ft glass french doors to pool deck.
Oceanfront Master Suite 2
King sized bed with well fitted stone and granite bathroom with two sinks, large soaking tub & separate shower. 8 ft glass french doors to pool deck.
Oceanfront Master Suite 3
King sized sleigh bed with well fitted stone and granite bathroom with two sinks and enormous separate shower. 8 ft glass french doors to pooldeck.
Master Suite 4
Queen size sleigh bed with well fitted stone and granite bathroom with two sinks and separate shower.
Twin Suite 5
Two twin beds with en suite bathroom.
13% CI Government Occupancy tax added to all rates
(10 Adults, 10 Max):
$7,350/wk (15 Apr - 19 Dec)
$9,975/wk ( 7 Jan- 15 Apr)
(8 Adults, 8 Max):
$6,335/wk (15 Apr - 19 Dec)
$8,960/wk ( 7 Jan - 15 Apr)
$16,450/wk (19 Dec - 6 Jan)
5 Nights Minimum
$2,000 refundable damage deposit waived with purchase of $49 ADP - Accidental Damage Protection.
Owner requires refundable $500 Excess Cleaning Fee Deposit.
5 Nights Minimum; Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Weeks, 7 Nights Minimum.
Minimum age of 25 yrs old to lease any of the villas and lessee must occupy the villa during the entirety of the rental period.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website:
Despite travel interruptions (Delta cancellations) and missing the first two days of our trip, we had a great time. Grand Cayman Villas and Condos worked with us to reschedule several activities and were gracious enough to offer us an extension of our stay. They delivered outstanding service and attention when we needed help.
We had arranged for grocery delivery from Cayman Shoppers and all was there when we arrived. Highly recommend them.
Also, we had arranged the have a chef (Chef Steph) prepare a meal for us one night and it was delicious (very generous portions and probably the best value of any meal we had while there).
As for the house...spotless, very well appointed (better than the pictures), comfortable and terrific location. Everything worked as it should with zero issues. You could move into this house and be very happy.
The 25+ mph winds made it impossible to enjoy the ocean but we took full advantage a very nice pool area. We had four adults and two children in our group and it worked perfectly.
Being close to the Rum Point area was also a big plus...provided access to activities, food, etc.
Overall, an A+!
Just returned from Grand Cayman and wish we could've had another week! 4 couples stayed at Ocean Kai and enjoyed the Beautiful Villa with Breathtaking views! House was immaculate, plenty of towels, kitchen was fully stocked and tons of space to lounge and relax! Hi-lights were: Masseuse came to Villa for massages...Mise en Place Catered a Fabulous Birthday dinner at the house- They brought everything from the napkins, glasses, plates etc. Set up, break down- was FABULOUS!...Hammocks in the Palm trees out back...Favorite restaurant- Tukka at East End...and Mudslides at Kaibo!!! Jim with Grand Cayman Villas was Fabulous to work with, Great week, tons of fun, we will be back!
We had 8 people in our party and the house handled us all exceptionally well. The bedrooms were spacious and each has its own bathroom. There is a wide assortment of places to relax that include being in the sun or in the shade. The beach was also a great place to relax and get sun. We had hoped to be able to snorkel right off the beach but the water was too shallow.
However, the house is within a 3-4 minute drive to Rum Point so we were able to get there easily and take advantage of the water sports they have available.
The kitchen is very well equiped and we were able to cook some great meals with the equipment on hand. Really appreciated having the outdoor grill to cook on although we were a little concerned with how much propane was left or we would have used it more.
This is a great house for a larger group of people and we would go back at the drop of a hat!
Beautiful house, plenty of room, very clean and well appointed. Management was very helpful in getting house stocked with food on holiday. Would stay at Ocean Kai again.
This is absolutely a terrific property. Much better and liveable than pictures on the website show. We (3 couples) plan on returning next year because our one week stay was so amazing.
Things we loved the most.
1. Outdoor setup with wonderful views over Caribbean. Absolute privacy and being away from the crowds is incredible. We only saw two people all week.
2. Sitting at outside table for 10 overlooking pool and Caribbean. Lots of great lounge chairs around pool and on sandy beach. Pool was excellent—not large but not too small either. Also a great covered area just off the house with two extremely comfortable sofas
3. Amazing kitchen with 4 by 8 foot island. Extremely well equipped with plates, glasses and cookware. Top of the line appliances Great wine refrig. Lots of spices, coffee filters, dish soap, etc. Dining room table was large and could seat 10 to 12 people.
4. Great bedrooms. 3 amazing master bedrooms all with vey comfortable King beds and great baths. There is a direct door outside to the pool area and windows that have great views of the Caribbean. Other two bedrooms extremely nice also with wonderful baths and one with queen bed and other with two twins.
5. Great wifi and cell phone coverage.
6. Close to great restaurants. 5 minutes away. Kaipo Upstairs (#1 restaurant on Grand Cayman) and Kaipo on the Beach Grill. Ate at both two times and took takeout pizza one night. View Over the Edge is 8 miles east and was fantastic. Very friendly service and excellent seafood. They also sell fresh fish to go.
7. Supermarkets. Stop at huge IGA at airport and stock up—you can find everything at this store that you can buy in the USA. Small IGA on east end is 20 minutes away and has great liquor store next door.
8. There is very good snorkeling direct from the beach but it is not super easy like 7 Mile Beach. There is live seaweed right up to the shore area with some rocks. We found good entry point from neighboring property that had a nice sandy area. You must snorkel out about 100 yards to the reef to get to numerous fish. There are still places that you can stand in sand on the way out and very near the reef. You need to snorkel along the reef to find the best coral and fish areas—would have been helpful to have a “best snorkeling map” at the property to guide new visitors. There was also excellent snorkeling right off Rum Point.
9. We went on beach walks everyday.
Loved the location of this villa. Close to Rum Point and Kaibo to eat or be picked up by a charter. The bedrooms were spacious with nice linens. All had private baths. Outdoor area was very nice, good mixture of sun and shade. Beach very nice as well. It is not groomed of sea grass but was not a problem for us. Kitchen well stocked with dishes but not spices etc. Use of washer / dryer a big plus. A few little problems but taken care of by staff. Phone for local calls was a big help.
Ocean Kai is only a mile east of the famous Rum Point Club and enjoys a sandy beach and excellent snorkeling. The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east; so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman. The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The prevailing breeze (trade winds) from the east also make flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the “Rum Point Club”; a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach…many watersports, a restaurant, bar, grill, gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games. (www.rumpointclub.com ) It is from the Rum Point pier that the www.redsailcayman.com 65’ catamaran departs to stingray sandbar for snorkeling trips. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina (www.kaibo.ky) Click map on our home page. Lastly…we have (2) large resorts in the east end (www.morritts.com and www.thereef.com ) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, SUBWAY sandwich shop (and even a coffee/pastry shop). These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfers, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service. www.tortugadivers.com and www.whitesandwatersports.com offer snorkeling tours, paddle boards, jet skis, etc.