About the property
- Cottage500 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2 (plus children)
Tired of the hustle and bustle of daily life? Come let us spoil you in our fully-equipped cottage up in the trees. Unwind to nature's sounds from your private terrace while planning a trip to one of the nearby State Parks or local wineries.
This is the best private lodging in the area, filled with personal touches and serves as a great base for romantics, hikers, bikers, divers, winers and diners wanting to explore the natural beauty of the Ozarks.
The place is perched among 16 acres of secluded forest enveloping the maintained grounds, which offers all the solitude you need to swing the hammock, grill on the private deck, picnic under the tree canopy and light your fire. Yes, it's true, we supply free firewood, marshmallows and so much more for you to enjoy.
Plenty of shaded parking available, with enough space for a trailer. Also, lots of room for primitive camping.
Cottage is a separate building from our house, so guests will have the run of their place without worrying about disturbing or being disturbed.
Our guests value their privacy, so we adjust our interaction to meet their needs. We are always available by phone, text or email.
We also offer additional services such as meals, professional massages, access to hot tub, fitness and spa usage (European standards apply), tours, courses, intimate wedding services and vows renewal, etc... all for a fee. These services are provided to ensure the comfort of our guests, who are under no obligation to partake.
No public transportation is available in the area. There are plenty of quiet country roads and some good trails for bicyclists, motorcyclists and joggers. Shuttle services offered for an additional fee.
Owners are seasoned world travelers, willing to give suggestions on the area, or other continents. We love exposing world cuisines to America's heartland.
- Rule no.1: Enjoy! Everything in the cottage is there for you, to be used, so explore;
- No smoking indoors, please. Ashtray provided to be used on the deck when needed;
- Well-behaved, housebroken, groomed, crated pets or those with their own bed are welcome, but are NOT to be on any furniture at any time. They're welcome to experience freedom, exploring the surrounding woods, fields and creek. If you can't trust your dog off-leash, don't bring it. If your dog can’t be a good guest, you both will be asked to leave. Our dog has been attacked by visiting pets and it won’t happen again. $39/pet/stay (payable on arrival) to ensure the comfort of our pet-allergic guests;
- Private septic systems are only designed to process human waste and a sensible amount of toilet paper. Anything else and you will create major problems for everyone, including yourself. Therefore, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but the above mentioned should go down the drain. As proof we care about the comfort of our guests, we supply quality toilet paper instead of the recommended single-ply, but please use it responsibly;
- Living in the woods demands cohabitation with the living creatures whose home you share. Respect their privacy and avoid them, rather than killing them or destroying their shelters;
- We would greatly appreciate finding the place just as we left it for you to enjoy;
- If ever in doubt about anything, ask. We are always only one click or phone call away.
INFORMATION ON OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Keith & Benka
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, spanish, slovenian, croatian, bosnian, serbian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 12, 2018
About Keith & Benka
For us hospitality is a labor of love. Come join us and let us introduce you to this spectacular part of the world, where we celebrate every day of our lives. We adore life, like spoiling people and revealing secrets of cozy country living. Yes, we take our hosting very seriously and cutting corners is not our style. We guarantee we'll do our absolute best to satisfy your needs. Benka is an author holding several Guinness World Records in adventure traveling and Keith works as a foreign adviser.
Why Keith & Benka chose Randolph
Our location in the eastern Ozarks makes the perfect base camp for daily excursions to the numerous State Parks, scenic rivers or the Mark Twain National Forest. Or, if you have a taste for fermented fruit, head east towards Farmington/Ste. Genevieve and the Route de Vin. Be sure to read Homeaway/VRBO's conditions closely regarding commissions and extra charges. We have received complaints from guests regarding their policies and charges, but we most certainly do not benefit from this. Or look for the name of our property out there in the wild, wild world.
What makes this Cottage unique
Our property is secluded enough to make you feel like you've really run away. Yet we're only one hour south of St. Louis, and minutes from the local stores and groceries.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
The cottage is as described, nestled in the treetops, charming and comfortable. Our hosts, Keith and Benka, were most helpful and their life experiences are inspiring. We were in the area to tour and get to know the culture and natural ecology, and Keith and Benka helped us with that immensely. They have put together very complete information books on the sites, restaurants and stores in the area, and their personal suggestions turned out to be spot on.
Thank you Keith and Benka for making our visit to the area so complete!
Comfy and cozy get-away
Surpassed our expectations. Keith and Bencka have a hidden gem and they are worth visiting. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfy and cozy place to get away.
Very nice accommodations. Keith and Benka were very nice.
We loved the location and the property was in excellent shape and well maintained. Keith and Benka welcomed us and were very hospitable. Everything we needed was available and they provided nice overview of the area. Great stay!
If you’re looking for a nice, cozy place to rest your head, stay at the Treetop Cottage!
The cottage was very clean and tidy. Keith welcomed us upon arrival and shared his extensive knowledge of the area. His wife Benka was out of town, but her delicious coffee was left in the refrigerator for us to enjoy.
We had a wonderful experience at the cottage. Keith and Benka are great hosts with much knowledge of the area and gracious hosts. We will be returning in the future.
Excellent Location !
The "Peaceful Treetop Cottage" is a magnificent location and the hosts are wonderful. This lovely get-away spot is so close to many wonderful state parks and local attractions. If you are looking for a quite and peaceful spot I highly recommend you book a weekend at the "Peaceful Treetop Cottage" !
OUR FAVORITE CORNERS OF THE OZARKS
If you have time and desire, we would like to share the best of
our area. We enjoy exploring and experiencing the following
local attractions over and over again:
1. Dillard Mill State Historic Site
2. Bixby Country Store
3. Johnson Shut-Ins State Park
4. Village Store, Caledonia
5. Elephant Rocks State Park
6. Fort Davidson State Park
7. Millstream Gardens Conservation Area
8. Area Wineries
9. St. Joe State Park
10. Bonne Terre Flooded Mine Tour
11. St. Francois State Park
12. Starlite Drive-in
13. Washington State Park
14. Berryman Access to Ozark Trail
15. Huzzah Valley Resort
16. Bass’ River Resort
17. Onondaga Cave
18. Maramec Springs
19. Tom Sauk Mountain State Park
20. Hughes Mountain
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Unpaid balances for additional services will be assessed a $50 collection fee, unless an arrangement for payment has been made prior to departure.