Tired of the hustle and bustle of daily life? Come let us spoil you in our fully-equipped cottage up in the trees. Unwind to nature's sounds from your private terrace while planning a trip to one of the nearby State Parks or local wineries.
This is the best private lodging in the area, filled with personal touches and serves as a great base for romantics, hikers, bikers, divers, winers and diners wanting to explore the natural beauty of the Ozarks.
The place is perched among 16 acres of secluded forest enveloping the maintained grounds, which offers all the solitude you need to swing the hammock, grill on the private deck, picnic under the tree canopy and light your fire. Yes, it's true, we supply free firewood, marshmallows and so much more for you to enjoy.
Plenty of shaded parking available, with enough space for a trailer. Also, lots of room for primitive camping.
Cottage is a separate building from our house, so guests will have the run of their place without worrying about disturbing or being disturbed.
Our guests value their privacy, so we adjust our interaction to meet their needs. We are always available by phone, text or email.
We also offer additional services such as meals, professional massages, access to hot tub, fitness and spa usage (European standards apply), tours, courses, intimate wedding services and vows renewal, etc... all for a fee. These services are provided to ensure the comfort of our guests, who are under no obligation to partake.
No public transportation is available in the area. There are plenty of quiet country roads and some good trails for bicyclists, motorcyclists and joggers. Shuttle services offered for an additional fee.
Owners are seasoned world travelers, willing to give suggestions on the area, or other continents. We love exposing world cuisines to America's heartland.
- Rule no.1: Enjoy! Everything in the cottage is there for you, to be used, so explore;
- No smoking indoors, please. Ashtray provided to be used on the deck when needed;
- Well-behaved, housebroken, groomed, crated pets or those with their own bed are welcome, but are NOT to be on any furniture at any time. They're welcome to experience freedom, exploring the surrounding woods, fields and creek. If you can't trust your dog off-leash, don't bring it. If your dog can’t be a good guest, you both will be asked to leave. Our dog has been attacked by visiting pets and it won’t happen again. $39/pet/stay (payable on arrival) to ensure the comfort of our pet-allergic guests;
- Private septic systems are only designed to process human waste and a sensible amount of toilet paper. Anything else and you will create major problems for everyone, including yourself. Therefore, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but the above mentioned should go down the drain. As proof we care about the comfort of our guests, we supply quality toilet paper instead of the recommended single-ply, but please use it responsibly;
- Living in the woods demands cohabitation with the living creatures whose home you share. Respect their privacy and avoid them, rather than killing them or destroying their shelters;
- We would greatly appreciate finding the place just as we left it for you to enjoy;
- If ever in doubt about anything, ask. We are always only one click or phone call away.
INFORMATION ON OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.