About the property
- House940 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Renovated 2Bd/1Ba Pet-Friendly Guest House On Acre w/ Privacy & Western Charm.
The Scottsdale Bunkhouse
- 920 square foot Scottsdale free-standing Guest House with 2 bedrooms, open kitchen and great room, 1 full bath
- Fully remodeled in 2014 to include new kitchen, bathroom, flooring, walls, electrical, plumbing, paint - everything
- ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED - HD Cable, Netflix, Water, Sewer, Wireless Internet, Gas and Electric
- For monthly rentals bi-weekly cleaning available
- Full kitchen (including dishwasher) and full size brand new Samsung front-loading laundry in home
- Very thoughtful layout that maximizes space and connects perfectly to the two outdoor patio spaces
-Two spacious patios with one set up as a long bar-height table and the other with four-person table and relaxing adirondack chairs; both are shaded with one on the north and one on the east
- Pet-friendly home with a ton of room for running around and chasing rabbits and birds (maximum weight 45 pounds)
- Situated in a private area of an acre lot with lots of room to breathe; we live in the main house but there is completely separate block wall as well as entrance and exit - it will feel like your own home with your own 1/3-acre lot (see photos)
- Prime, safe Scottsdale location less than a mile west of Scottsdale Road & Shea Boulevard Cul-de-sac street with only 8 homes all on acre lots
Close to: Kierland Commons, Westin, Old Town Scottsdale, downtown Scottsdale, Orange Tree, and everything else you could possibly want to have
- Available September through May
- Ideal for: singles, couples, retirees, small families, people with pets
- Please note a one car limit to be kept on site, no trailers, no motorcycles
If you are looking for a Scottsdale or Phoenix retreat, this is the spot for you. The 'Bunkhouse' sits in the southwest corner of a beautifully maintained north/south acre lot in the heart of Scottsdale. A tall block wall and trees separate this guest house from the main house, so you'll have complete privacy along with lots of room to breathe. (Please check out the photos to see how the lot sets up.)
If you have pets, they are welcome and they will really love the room to run around. We have two very friendly dogs that are kept in the main house portion of the lot, but assuming everyone plays well with others, they can enjoy making some new friends!
Ben & Stacey
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 17, 2018
About Ben & Stacey
My wife Stacey & I are professionals in our late 30's who have a passion for architecture and interior design. We love the process of purchasing homes in need of some TLC and turning them into beautiful spaces.
Ben & Stacey purchased this House in 2014
Why Ben & Stacey chose Casa Del Oeste
This home on Gary Road sits on an amazing cul-de-sac street in the heart of Scottsdale with only 8 homes, all of which are on acre+ lots. And with all due respect to our neighbors, we've got the best homesite of anyone, with north/south exposure and just enough elevation change from front to back to get the views of the mountains at sunset. The 'Bunkhouse' is the guest house that we fully renovated in 2014, and it sits in its own area at the southwest corner of the lot. The fences & walls are configured so that the Bunkhouse essentially has its own 1/3 acre yard, with a couple patios and plenty of room to relax or have a four legged friend join you.
What makes this House unique
- Freestanding home with private yard - Perfect for dogs (45 pounds or less) - Acre lot - Quiet neighborhood - Easy access in center of Scottsdale - Really cool homesite
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Serene accommodations in Scottsdale
Everything at the bungalow was as stated in the rental website. Stacey and Ben were easy to deal with and very friendly as hosts. The bunkhouse has all the comforts of home and has everything you might need for. a comfortable stay. The landscape which could not be fully explored on the website was beautiful. We would start our day at dawn watching the birds and bunnies in the large and secluded yard and end it at dusk sitting outside Having dinner and on into to the evening. The bunkhouse and property were extremely well cared for and spotless. And we suggest that if you are visiting the area you ask Stacey and Ben for restaurant recommendations. Safeway sprouts and Whole Foods are nearby too. We almost didn’t want to leave! Great and easygoing hosts nice dogs and a truly restful stay. thank you. One of our top faves.
Lovely place to stay
Great hosts, location and amenities
Loved the property and the owners were great. Would book again for next year, but someone beat us to it!
A wonderful place to stay
Property is great for dogs, neighbourhood is quiet and relaxing, Ben and Stacey are the best!!
A pleasant place, well located, and big yard for the dog to chase bunnies.
Only complaint is poor lighting and seating for reading. Kitchen is compact but well equipped, beds are comfortable.
A wonderful surprise!
The bunkhouse is a fantastic place for a getaway! Very peaceful and secluded and we will for sure return for a stay in early 2018.
This location is absolutely ideal. Scottsdale Road & Shea Boulevard is essentially the center of Scottsdale, with easy access to Old Town, Kierland Commons, Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale One, and more. The Loop 101 is less than 3 miles away, as is the 51 which connects you to downtown Phoenix or Desert Ridge.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Scottsdale occupancy tax of 6.65% not included (only applicable to rentals 29 days or less) Seasonal rental rates available - contact Owner directly.