About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
This 2 bedroom 1 bath house is centrally located in the northeastern area of Escondido, with easy access to freeways and minutes to hiking, fishing, boating, shopping, wineries, casinos and the Zoo Safari park, It's also just 20 minutes to the beach. All of San Diego's attractions are easily accessible with quick freeway access. The house features a spacious kitchen, dining and living area, and a fully fenced backyard to provide comfort and privacy. (Dogs are permitted with advanced approval and a pet fee).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 5, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Large place but dirty
I stayed for 6 weeks at this house and only due to the fact that it was summer and too late to find somewhere else. The house was unkempt and disgusting when I arrived. I can deal with old carpet stains but the floor and counters where sticky in places and it was very dusty. I wasn't able to use any pans or plates because they were so gross. I ended up buying plastic plates, pans and cleaning supplies to get through my time there. This still wasn't the worst part. After a few nights, I discover fleas(which it's California and I can deal with) and bed bugs. I had to treat the place every week. This leads to the other issue, a broken washer. It took 6 soaked towels to wash one load. Still, the biggest issue was the owner. I had a surprise from the gardener, who I wasn't informed about. Only a problem due to having my dog. I walked out of the bathroom to find a man in the yard and luckily, my dog in the house. The owner however, is on the property constantly and often unannounced. I had already been told, he would show up to water the plants if I did not but I had him call 15 minutes before showing up on the Fourth of July. That didn't compare to walking out of the house and catching him in the garage without any warning; to which he said nothing. Worst experience ever and now he will not contact me regarding my complaints. There are better places to rent and honestly better people to rent from. The owner could care less about your comfort or respect your privacy while staying here.
Ashley stayed at my home for six weeks. The only time she called was during the first week when she asked that she receive notice of the gardener visit. I completely agreed and talked to the gardener to ensure they communicated with guests to ensure privacy and security of pets. The rest of her stay I did not hear a word from her and she never had a single complaint. After six weeks she checked out and asked for a full refund and cited some of the claims she notes above. She did not receive a refund (Homeaway closed her case) and I believe her review is simply retaliation. My property does not have bed bugs or fleas. I politely asked her if she would like me to come by and water plants or if she wouldn't mind watering them herself so they didn't die. (I like live healthy plants) I was on the property 2 times in 6 weeks, I gave a heads up on one and yes I forgot to the second time and I was only in the garage both times. After she left I started the laundry and found that a hose on the washer had cracked. I fixed it. If she had told me I would have fixed it and recleaned while she was there, but she never said a word. My cleaner cleans very well with cleaners and a commercial mop, and I can't imagine there was sticky floors, counters or dishes - although because she never complained I never had a chance to reinspect or remedy if needed. If you have concerns about any comments on her review I would be more than happy to discuss with you- and I can assure you that I take all feedback to heart and strive to create the best guest experience possible.
Spacious and well equipped, but not during a heat wave
Home is on a busy road and has a well-stocked kitchen, but no AC so it's quite warm if the temperature outside is high.
My first bad experience with a VRBO rental. I arrived in the evening, too late to find another stay so spent one night. The pictures were beautiful. But: There were NO BLINDS on the windows - had to turn out lights to get ready for bed. There were no screens on windows, so when I discovered there was no air conditioning and the place was exceedingly hot in March, I attempted to open windows - no screens, lots of flies getting in. The home had 2 TVs, one was huge - NEITHER one worked. When I attempted to shower before bed, the hot water was so slow and lukewarm, I abandoned that idea. The home was dirty: stains on carpet, dirt around windows, unkempt closets. Fans did not work. Coffee pot did not work. Etc. I have still not received the refund the owner promised me, almost 2 months later. Remains to be seen what VRBO will do.
The Property was large and roomy, very close to every where we wanted to be. Great Value.
We stayed there for about a month. We had needs that required support from the owner who was incredibly accommodating. The house was very spacious with a very large dining room with a large table. There are plants around the home and other things to give a warm lived in feeling. There is heat but no air conditioning. There are ceiling fans in every room though. The carpets had signs of wear at the time we stayed there and the hot tub was out of service. We did use the gas grill in the back yard several times to cook. Next time I stay in Escondido California, I will be planning on staying here.
We were a couple of guys working a project. The carpet and no air conditioning may not appeal to some...
Large Stucco Home
This was my first experience renting a home and I found the adventure well worth it.
- The large size of this nice older stucco home was a plus for us and was well represented in the photos.
- We enjoyed a nice, small family reunion complete with a BBQ lunch.
- The layout of the house was great and I appreciated the clean bathroom (double sink) & lots of extra towels. When looking for the towels we even found GAMES! We enjoyed playing Jenga!
- Our beds were comfortable, dressing tables were nice and large closets.
- Contact with the owner was positive and quite helpful. I felt comfortable texting him with questions.
- the heat was stifling – so I wouldn’t go in the heat of the summer. I completely understood that this home was not equipped with air (I lived in Norco in the 70's and we didn't have central air), however the windows were quite complicated to open up (all the way) and the window coverings do nothing to help the situation so all in all the house was sweat-box from noon-ish till midnight.
- the back yard could be an ‘oasis’ but it was unkempt and not very inviting. I know there is a drought but a bit of TLC and cleaning up could go a long way. While walking around in the back yard I thought I was going to fall into the critter holes that cover the yard so beware.
- bedrooms: although the beds were comfortable and large, the pillows were a bit hard. I had two pillows, one was stiff and the other was the old ‘feather’ pillow. There were no options for other pillow choices… however, we didn’t sleep much due to the heat anyway... The carpets in the bedrooms have many stains (yuck). The window dressing is the old ‘lace’ style stuff (that needs washing) so these really aren’t much for privacy or keeping the rooms cool.
- Old TVs: if you’re into watching TV the whole time your there, the two in the bedrooms are great… the huge one in the main room is ‘shot’… the only color you get is red…
- Street: I didn’t care about the street being right there but some people might. This nice home is smack on a busy street – car noise.
I would recommend this home for people like me that really just need a place to sleep (with better pillows). This could be a 4 to 5-star place if they just update a few things and clean up a bit.
I guess that's it. Thanks!
My husband and I stayed here with our teenage son and the house was perfect for us. It is very clean, comfortable and completely stocked with every thing we needed. Not a single detail was overlooked. We had nice fluffy towels, his and hers house slippers and even a well stocked game closet. There is a washer and dryer, a nice back yard with grill and a very comfortable living room The best part for us was the kitchen. Again, fully stocked with spices, pots and pans and utensils. We were actually able to invite friends over to "our house" for a nice home cooked meal. Location wise, the only down side is that it's located on a busy road, however, once you close the front door it hardly matters It is located 5 minutes by car from a mountain park with lots of hiking trails and a beautiful reservoir and 5 minutes drive from grocery stores, restaurants and other shopping. The photo's are accurate and Michael was both responsive to our communications and easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend this house to a friend.
Wine tours, Wild animal park, Casinos all within a 15 min drive. Hiking, Mountain biking and Lake fishing within a 2 min drive. Fine dining, casual dining, Pubs, Wine bars and Bars within a 5 min drive. On Fridays in summer there is a car show every Friday evening with Hot Rods, Classics and other styles within a 5 min drive.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Dogs are allowed with advanced approval and a pet deposit. The back yard is fully fenced and the flooring is mostly tile.