|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Can you imagine waking up every morning to the view of the beautiful bay? This is a 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, dining room, living room, screened in back porch, and a dock for your boat if you have one! There is also a tennis court on site and across the street from you have access to your own private beach. WiFi is available, along with cable TV. Local restaurant and golf courses are within minutes of the property. Great fishing from the dock. Book today before gone!
Manasota Key Beach House was one of our all-time favorite vacation places. The first impression as you drive in leaves a lot to be desired, but we soon realized it was plain because of the tennis court. Once inside, we realized this would be very comfortable, with an amazing view. Loved the porch and dock. The beach was close by so we could see beautiful sunsets. The house was secluded but close to everything (shopping, movies, etc.). The kitchen was well-supplied if we wanted to cook, but the nearby restaurants were great. The only negative was that the sheets and pad on king size bed did not fit. We were forced to move over to queen bed to get a good night's sleep. However, we will be back again (will just bring our own sheets). Would definitely recommend to anyone.
I was with the divine Ms. M below. All she says is true. Coupla additions and corrections:
-The tennis court net was not in the greatest shape, sagging some, but for kids wacking a ball, it was fine. Maybe it's been fixed.
-The a/c worked. Because of older windows and insulation, and Florida humidity, there was some condensation on the windows. We reduced this by raising the AC temp a bit. Use it as requested in the check in instructions and you'll be fine.
-There IS beach access across the street. Not well signed. Catty corner left out the driveway and across the street. Steps lead to a path between two properties. We walked with fishing stuff etc. Caught one small Pompano on a Gulp Shrimp. When they are running, it might be a hoot with light spinning gear and sand fleas.
-All in all a satisfactory rental. Would use again.
The weathered exterior of this place hides the efficiently laid out floor plan, it's comfort, neatness, convenience and view.
- The view is wonderful through the bedroom's bay facing windows, while cooking in the kitchen, sitting in the living room, eating in the dining
room and lounging in the roomy screened in porch. I can imagine the refreshing breeze throughout the house during the cooler months.
- Despite the interior being a bit dated and tired, it was neat and tidy.
- It advertised "sleeps 4-6" but there were only 2 beds - 1 king and 1 queen. Our teenage son and nephew slept on the livingroom's thick
carpeted floor and couch while my nieces shared the queen bed. Bring extra blankets and pillows if this will be your sleeping arrangement.
A sleeper sofa would truly make it "sleeps 6".
- Master suite is away from the main part of the house and the kids/TV noises.
- The kitchen is well equipped with small appliances, pots, pans and kitchen gadgets etc... I love to cook so this worked out well.
- The tennis court is located in the front of the house; while not in the best condition, it has a net and fencing to keep balls in.
- The beach access is conveniently located between the two houses across the street; setting sun is peaceful to watch but keep in mind no
flashlights after sundown on the beach during turtle nesting season - DON'T FORGET BUG SPRAY!!!
- We enjoyed sitting at the dock in the late evenings (slathered in bug spray) to try our hand at fishing and crabbing - no crabs but caught a big
- Major stores are within a few miles for just about anything.
- Renting equipment was not as convenient as we had hoped. We did not have the vehicle to haul Kayaks and skin board rentals were in
Sarasota or further south.
- Great WiFi reception and lots of channels for couch potatoes.
- The laundry facility is under the house in the garage.
- The well placed water hose allowed us to rinse ourselves and our beach stuff, laying them in the large porch area to dry and then enter the
house through the very wide double sliding glass doors. My son draped the hose through one of the railings to create a "shower". Although
not a necessity, a simple outdoor "shower" would be nice.
Mrs. Leach was quick with her helpful responses. We would definitely rent this property again and recommend it to friends and family.
Very beautiful view of the bay. There is NO ACCESS TO THE BEACH. You must get in the car and drive to the beach.
The dock is nice but DO NOT TOUCH THE POLE TO THE LIGHT, IN ANY WAY, YOU WILL BE SHOCKED. MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS SHOCKED. The picture of the beautiful sunset featured on this site is accurate, if you drive to the beach not visible from the house. The A/C can not keep the unit cool. the technician came out put a clean filter in but at 7:30 PM it was still over 80 inside the unit every night . In fact it took till 11 pm to get it to 78. and by 8 am it was up to 80 again. We cut our vacation short because we could not take the heat inside anymore. You may want to bring your own sheets because the elastic on the sheets for the KING bed is shot and will not stay on the bed. The Queen bed has a nice mattress cushion. They should get one for the King bed. It is a pet friendly place which is nice, they should have tile. Because the amount of stains on the carpet from non potty trained pets were GROSS. It did NOT smell. Plenty of towels, and kitchen had what was needed. I would not stay here again. When booking BEACH property you do not want to have to get in your car and drive.
Property has beach access.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 2016 - Apr 30 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$125 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Check in is at 2pm and check out is at 10am.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.