|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Top Reasons to Book this Fabulous Home!
1. Destin Adventurer: As a gift to you from Real Joy, FREE activities are included every day of your stay! Enjoy TWO free admissions each day to some of the area's most popular attractions: Baytowne Adventure Zone, Sea Blaster's Snorkeling, Sea Blaster's Dolphin Cruise, Big Kahuna's Water Park, and Unlimited DVD Rentals! Snorkeling available May-Sept, Dolphin Cruise available Mar-Oct, Water Park available Mem. Day-Labor Day, all other activities are year-round.
2. Enjoy your own PRIVATE outdoor pool with waterfall Jacuzzi! Crystal Beach is just 350 yards away-
3. Fabulous REMODEL March 15! All bathrooms remodeled, new bedding and furniture!
4. Enjoy a beautiful lake view from porch with eating area and other seating.
5. Chefs in the family will enjoy the spacious, top-of-the-line Kitchen!
6. Master Suite is Fabulous! With spacious Bedroom, and Flatscreen TV, Fabulous Remodeled Bath, dual vanity!
7. This home is managed by RealJOY Vacations, which means you have access to 24/7 service for any emergencies which may arise so you can have a stress-free vacation!
8. Great location - a mile and a half from Destin Commons with over 75 shops, including Cold Stone Creamery, Rave Movie Theaters and Bass Pro Shop!
Ways to Book Online:
1. Click the book now button on this site.
2. Send an email request from this ad and receive a full quote including a link that you can follow to book.
**This lovely home is not available for rent to adults under age 25. No Exceptions.**.
Sunkissed at Kokomo has everything you're looking for in a beach retreat!
This lovely home has 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths and sleeps 13. There is a king in the very large master bedroom with private bath, a queen room with a private bath and a bunk room with two sets of bunks and a private bath. There is an additional 1/2 bath upstairs next to the fun built in bar with mini fridge! We have a queen pull out sofa, a queen and twin aerobed as well as a pack and play.
The spacious, vaulted living room has space for your whole crew and fantastic views- just half a flight up from the dining room. The kitchen is top-of-the-line and includes a Keurig Coffee Pot. There is a washer and dryer for your convenience.
Other "extras" include Bose IPOD system, Blu-ray Player, Xbox 360 System (system only, games not included), Flat Screen TV, Toys and Games, Books, and Beach Pull Cart and coolers.
You'll have your own fabulous pool and waterfall jacuzzi with an outdoor dining and BBQ area. A large bank of windows overlooks the Nature Preserve, lakes, and a partial view of the gulf. Cook dinner on the gas grill or enjoy a glass on the wine on the porch swing.
The pool and jacuzzi at Sunkissed at Kokomo can be heated for an additional $43 per night.
Located in the beautiful Crystal Beach area of Destin, this house backs up to a lake and is a short walk to private beach access.
Close by is Destin Commons, a beautifully landscaped, pedestrian-friendly area and a great family venue where children will love to play in the interactive water fountains. Also for the younger guests, a nautically/pirate themed outdoor playground features a 1,750 square foot soft play area with various creatures from the sea, slides, and a treasure chest! Destin Commons also has a mini-train for the kids. Destin Commons features over 75 shops and restaurants, including Cold Stone Creamery, Rave Movie Theaters and Bass Pro Shop.
~One of the many vacation rentals managed by RealJoy Vacations in Destin, Florida.~
My family had a special week at this lovely home. We homeschool so we were able to "sneak" off for a week to the beach. I am so glad we did! We had a great time. The weather was great and it was an easy walk to the beach. The kids loved the heated pool and the adults loved the hot tub. We were surprised to have a gas grill and it made cooking so easy! The kitchen was so nice, equipped well. This is a very nice house, it is even better than the pictures show! We booked it already for our next trip down! It is definitely our favorite!
Our extended family of many ages stayed here over Thanksgiving. We are very experienced beach renters and found this home to far surpass your normal rentals. It is beautifully decorated and you could see where the owners tried to provide for all ages. We loved the pool, waterfalls and hot tub. We did pay for the pool to be heated and found it to be so worth it as the kids played in it day and night. The outside cafe lights were delightful. Note the switch is on the fence by the hot tub and we missed it the first night! We had our call to real joy immediately returned and were out to show us the lights within 30 minutes.
Most houses we found to be cramped, especially in the bedrooms, but these rooms were all large and comfortable. The bedding was a big upgrade over your standard bedding. We thought there were bikes available. However we were informed that due to the inability to keep them in consistent working order from guest to guest, and frequently being unaware there was a problem, the owner removed them and gave us a number for a bike rental company. We were fine.
One thing I want to shout out. We received a call from the management company to see if we needed a turkey pan. Now that was impressive!
We have already booked for next year, we love this house! Our family is so excited to be going back!
Here is all of the false advertising:
- double bed in 3rd bedroom, not queen
- 6 min walk to beach, not "short 2 min"
- no bikes whatsoever
- there is an Xbox, but not hooked up and no games
- hot tub does not heat up
- no blower for acorns
Here are the trip specific issues:
- door would not unlock at 4 like promised, it took an hour for someone to open, and until after 8 pm to fix the door so it could be locked/unlocked
- Internet code was incorrect for 4 days
- 3 calls about pool with no help from rental company
- unwelcome visit from 3 strangers that walked around property and inside of home for over an hour, even after a call to rental company
- none of the "free daily activities" that Real Joy advertises as such a great benefit were open except for deep sea fishing
Here are the good things - the house is very nice and the beach is beautiful.
Real joy refunded me $150 for all of my troubles and would not return any phone calls or emails.
I'll start with the pros. The home is beautiful and in a wonderful location. We traveled with our 3 children (6, 4, + almost 1)...the house is great for kids. Lots of games, pool toys, high chair, pack-n-play, etc available to use at the house. The pool is awesome and we spent much of our time there...it was the highlight for the kids! About a block and a half walk to the beach, but the beach buggy makes that a breeze with hauling all the gear/belongings. There was nothing lacking at the house and we loved that!
The cons...there are a few small things that need repair at the home. Towel hooks and such. I emailed the property manager and did not get a response...I wasn't particularly concerned, but was hoping it would be fixed for the next guest. We paid for pool heat and had problems with it our entire trip. We called twice to report the issue. The first time, the heater was fixed and worked for one evening...then didn't work again the next morning. My husband called again (twice) the following day and has yet to get a response from anyone at the property management company. We checked out today, so it's obviously too late to fix it for us and the pool was too chilly for the kids to swim in on the last day. Having said that, without those issues, our stay was great. We just were disappointed by paying for pool heat and having problems with it all week.
When i started looking for a vacation spot I ran across RealJoy Vacations. At the time they had the buy 3 get 1 free going on. I thought forsure it was too good to be true for the room I had found. it was absolutely and everything we were looking for for our last minute vacation. When i booked, i was nervous (literally had nightmares that we would get there and it would be a scam and we wouldnt have a room) and right off the bat we were doubled booked, which caused our card to be charged TWICE. But, they fixed it as soon as they could and every thing was fine. On our way down i was still was nervous until we pulled and i immediately felt relief! The place was SO nice and SO clean. My Husband and I were both so pleased with our stay. We never had any problems,check-in was a breeze! We plan to book with RealJoy for all our future vacations!!!
My family stayed here last minute as we were unable to book our normal house and what a great surprise! The house is very large and so beautiful! We loved having the convenience of the beach buggy and the X Box was a surprise! The pool is beautiful and the hot tub was so large it fit us all! The house was so clean and provided plenty of space for 11 of us. It was much nicer than most houses we've stayed in the past. We loved having the dinners out on the back deck, watching the sun set over the lake. We were felt we were at a resort with the gardens and plants around the pool, not just a house. We will definitely come back here as our home away from home.
A couple of shout outs to this house. We had two toddlers and appreciated the thoughtfulness of toys, pack and play and high chair. Our 9 year old son was thrilled with the X Box and pool volleyball. And having the beach buggy provided was so helpful going to beach as was the beach access being right there.
We are only 11 houses from our private beach access at the end of our street. It takes three minutes to get to there and you are on the beautiful beaches of Destin!