About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Home, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Gualala northern outskirts on rugged bluff edge.
New to Coasting Home, "Home Port" [formerly called "Serendipity"] is anchored at the bluff overlooking sea stacks and boundless ocean. The bold prow-like living room design allows for captivating viewing. During daylight hours, the ocean's actions are always eye-catching, and you may also have sightings of osprey and raptors, pelicans, whales, sea lions, shore birds, deer, and more. At night when skies are clear the array of stars will be striking. Because of bluff location this home is suitable for adults only, and no pets.
The upstairs living room also has a wood burning fireplace, television, wind-protected deck with BBQ. There is a dining room between the living room and very well equipped kitchen. The master bedroom with king bed is very roomy, and there is a full bathroom. Downstairs are two bedrooms (one with queen bed, the other with two twins) and second bathroom with stall shower. There is also a den with TV, games and more amazing views! There are no laundry facilities here.
Just a short distance south of the renowned gated Island Cove, with its hiking trail down to a broad primitive beach surrounded by rugged offshore rocks. Unique and exclusive, this beach is not open to the public. Please be aware this area of the coast is protected and No Fishing or AB Taking is allowed.
* Dog Allowed: No Pets
* Beach Access: I.C.E. car gate key
* View: White Water Ocean Views
* Satellite: Yes - DISH
* Internet Access: Yes ~ WIFI
Owner / Property Manager
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 AM
Outstanding views! House is nice but could use some TLC to be up to the view.
That being said, we would stay there again.
Thank you so much for taking the time and sending us your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We first wanted to thank you for staying with us and that we are thrilled to see that you had a memorable stay at the property. We hope to have you again for your next vacation. Thank you.
Views are Great
Awesome View and Private Beach...
Thank you so much for the feedback! We are very pleased to see that you had a wonderful stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the views and private beach. It was a pleasure to have you and we would love to welcome you back soon.
The RedAwning Team
Tremendous view and free seal watching.
Views are 2nd to none. The private beach was a great place to find shells and watch seals.
It makes us happy to read that your stay was wonderful! We are glad that the you enjoyed the amazing vies and private beach. It was a great experience to host your stay and we look forward to your return.
The RedAwning Team
Wonderful place to stay.
Just what we were looking for to relax and unwind. Beautiful view! We did see a Propane bar-b-q in a pic so unprepared for one needing charcoal, but oven work great. I would recommend this friends since I LOVED IT!
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with some feedback. We are very pleased to know this place provided you with the comfort and relaxation you were looking for to have a great vacation. It makes us happy that you loved it and we are looking forward to your return very soon.
The RedAwning Team
This home was very nice and relaxing. The views from upstairs and from the hot tub were beautiful! The Private beach was a plus.
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Gualala. We are delighted to read about the relaxing views and hope you had a comfortable experience. We look forward to hosting you again soon. The RedAwning Team
beautiful views made this a very romantic weekend
If you're looking for a romantic, adult only place to unplug, relax, all the while take in stunning views then this place is for you. My boyfriend (now fiancé) booked this place as a romantic weekend/proposal spot for us. The views were breathtaking, whether you were outside or inside, you will get amazing views of the ocean.
1. There's no internet (which we knew coming in) and cell network was really spotty (we had to drive into Gualala 10 min drive for any cell/data reception - we both had AT&T and Sprint) so if you do book here, come with maps/directions printed out, and itinerary of places to eat (or the house packet has a few recommendations we tried, which we liked).
2. The BBQ area and spa/hot tub are on two different places of the house. The ground level has the spa/hot tub, and the second floor deck has the covered bbq area. - It worked out okay since it was just the both of us, and we enjoyed the hot tub seperately from when we BBQed. If you are planning to bbq and have people enjoy the hot tub at the same time, they will have to dry themselves before walking through the house to get up to the second level deck.
3. Ticks. I know it's tick season and so being able to control that isn't really feasible, but we saw a few, especially in the grass area, making it difficult to walk out to the cliff without the fear of being bit. Whenever we were outside we made sure to do a quick tick check before coming into the house. So just a heads up.
1. VIEWS. YES. ALL THE VIEWS. Amazingly beautiful. Didn't matter if you were inside or outside.
2. The house itself. It felt like an ocean side property, decorated very nicely and felt super comfortable. It felt like we lived there. The house does sit next to two houses, but still felt pretty remote. (Although we did have a few strangers walk through the backyard a couple of times)
3. Lots of boardgames! So although we had no internet, or cell reception we had plenty to do. When we were done playing games, we'd watch tv, or sit in the hot tub, or take naps. SUPER relaxing.
4. The fireplace in the second floor living room was lovely. Also, there's two living rooms with two tv's. So if you have more than 2 people, plenty of living space.
5. Well stocked kitchen (even had spices!). Had plenty of things you would need to cook with or bake with.
Overall we would TOTALLY rent this property again - in a heartbeat! Next time we will have to bring more than 2 people.
We are so pleased to read that our home has been host to your proposal! Thank you so much for your review and all your useful feedback. We are so happy that you had an amazing time there with your now fiance and we hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends soon!
The RedAwning Team