Featured in the “LAWeekly” and described as “Fun & Comfortable” this rare beach rental provides FREE BICYCLES, SURF & BOOGIE BOARDS, WETSUITS, skateboards, beach chairs, frisbee, volleyball, rollerblades, beach umbrella and kids sand toys) to make your stay both super relaxing and a lot of fun! This will save you time & money and are easily accessible a few steps from your door 1-night stays permitted for selected dates. Deluxe mattresses and 100% cotton bedding create a peaceful night sleep.. This is 1 of 6 beach rentals, all located next to one another so if you have large groups we can accommodate up to 26 persons at once if you book up far enough in advance. Rates fluctuate between low season, (Nov-March) to mid season (Sep-Nov, March-June) to high season (June-September) but always CHECK FOR LOW RATE DEALS on any last-minute vacant dates regardless of the season.
This unit easily sleeps 2-10 persons VERY COMFORTABLY (families, groups, and children are welcome but each guest must be counted, Children are NOT free).
In this rental there is plenty of space for entertaining, storage for your suitcases and space for everyone to have their one private area. But it's also a great spot for couples or smaller groups during off-season months when rates are lower. The Tiki Bar includes 2 queen beds + 5 twin beds (or a king) + a comfy couch. I use only 100% cotton bedding and both fluffy & firm pillows because I know the importance of a good night's sleep. Our fine bed sheets are pressed like a hotel room and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned. Located on the second floor, our new double-pane windows and blackout window shades in the bedrooms make the unit nearly soundproof and climate controlled for a great night's sleep. Plug outlets next to each bed make it easy to charge your cel phones and tablets at night.
FREE WIFI, PARKING, BICYCLES, SURF & BOOGIE BOARDS, WETSUITS, PORTABLE BEACH CHAIRS, SKATEBOARDS, PADDLE TENNIS, ROLLERBLADES & LOTS OF BEACH TOYS FOR ALL AGES, PORTABLE COOLER & PICNIC BASKET, BEACH BLANKET, BATH & BEACH TOWELS, COFFEE, TEAS, SWEETENERS, BODY SOAP, SHAMPOO & CONDITIONERS, PAPER TOWEL, TOILET PAPER and more!
The TIKI BAR makes everyone smile and remember to relax and have some fun. The unit also includes new hard wood floors, vintage surf & beach pictures, a cozy couch, a fluffy area rug, a papassan chair, huge TV, wireless internet + cable, games, books and toys for kids. THE FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN includes New pots & pans and lots of other cooking utensils, 3 coffee makers (French Press, cappuccino or pod), tea kettle (and a COMPLIMENTARY organic coffee, teas, sweeteners and bottled water to get you started your first day. You will also find paper towel, trash bags and cleaning supplies.
IN THE BATHROOMS you will find: Bath and Beach towels (enough for each person in your group), shampoo, conditioner, body wash and extra toilet paper.
CLIMATE-CONTROLLED & QUIET: Dual pane windows keep the unit very quiet. Ocean breezes will keep you cool and rock you to sleep but each bedroom also has a large fan (the front bedroom has two, one on the ceiling and one on the floor) and central heat for the occasional chilly night. The climate in southern California is VERY DRY. This means we have very LOW HUMIDITY at the beach. You will rarely feel the heat or sweat in the summer or feel the cold in the winter. Our climate is ideal all year around and yes you can be sunbathing in your bikini on the beach in January! This unit is located on the 2nd floor. We do not have an elevator so you just climb one flight of stairs.
HOME MANUAL & GUIDE BOOK (made exclusively by your host, a long time local of the area) that includes a local's perspective on the best RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING, ACTIVITIES, SIGHTSEEING and special sections for "KIDS" (highlights activities for kids of all ages and Babysitting and Chaperoning services available), and the other section is a "NATURAL HEALTH & WELLNESS" section that features the areas top health food restaurants, grocery stores, massage spas and holistic practitioners. If you're looking to get healthy California is the place and your host can point you in the right direction.
PEACEFUL & SAFE LOCATION: This is a PEACEFUL PARADISE AT THE BEACH in Marina del Rey, (Venice adjacent 3 blocks). Quiet, safe area located across from the beach. Ocean view, deluxe bedding, outdoor patio w/dining table & BBQ. Families, kids, and groups are welcome. WALK to cafes, bars, shops, Venice Canals, Venice Boardwalk, boat marina.
THERES SO MUCH TO DO AND SEE in and around our area that you couldn't see and do it all in a month! So many travelers come for only a few nights and wish they had booked it longer. From outdoor water sports (like surfing, swimming, boogie boarding, jet skiing, paddle boarding, cycling, rollerblading, paddle tennis and hiking) to sightseeing the historic Venice canals, Washington street pier to watch the dolphins and surfers, a stroll down the famous Venice boardwalk for a tattoo or a t-shirt or to buy a piece of art from one of the local vendors. You cant miss the Skateboard Park, the Open-Air Farmers Market, Shopping on Abbot Kinney and the Third Street Promenade, the Marina boat parade, free concerts in the boat marina at Burton Chase Park and the Santa Monica pier for the kids theme park carnival, the marine aquarium, the Ferris wheel and the newly built Tongva Park, restaurants, and day trips to Malibu, Escondido Falls, Temescal and Topanga Canyon hikes, or Redondo & Laguna Beach to watch the Olympic volleyball players training. Its endless!
YOUR HOST Aunt Betty resides just across the street. Don't hesitate to contact her if you have any questions (such as the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area). Aunt Betty will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need and I may drop by (with prior notice) to perform maintenance or replenish cleaning supplies when needed. Other than that you will have all the privacy you need and I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible.
* ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR CANDLES ANYWHERE IN THE UNIT. SMOKING IS PERMITTED OUTSIDE ON THE FRONT PATIO ONLY.
* NO LOUD NOISE, SHOUTING OR PARTIES: We respect the sanctuary of this peaceful neighborhood and our neighbors need their sleep. QUIET TIME AFTER 10pm MUST BE RESPECTED.
* CHILDREN OF ALL AGES ARE WELCOME BUT MUST BE MONITORED & INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS IN YOUR RESERVATIONS. THIS INCLUDES INFANTS. CHILDREN ARE NOT FREE. We have invested in high chairs, baby cribs, toys and games and children cause as much damage and mess as adults, or more!) and our discounted rates are based on the number of beds we must change, laundry , cleaning supplies, water usage etc...). Additional guests not included in your reservation are $25 per person per night x the dull duration of your reservation( we do not pro rate the number of nights an additional guest stays as it is too difficult to monitor who is coming and going.
* DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OTHER THAN WHERE INSTRUCTED OR YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED BY ANOTHER NEIGHBOR. Your parking space is located in the FRONT OF THE BUILDING IN THE SPACE NECXT TO THE STAIRCASE MARKED PRIVATE PARKING UNIT 3.
* DISCLAIMER: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: By You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods (surfboards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items) at your own risk and hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries or death that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe!