|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
1076 Eagle Mountain Drive, Big Bear City, CA 92314 (added 7.4.15)
Spacious home for groups, setback far from quiet street, in quiet neighborhood,with plenty amenities. (2 fireplaces, 3 TV's, DVR, wireless, piano, rec room, fooseball, living room, porch, BBQ, comfortable, highly referenced property for a great price. (check out time 11am - check in time 4pm). IMPORTANT: Beds sleep 12; We list this as sleeping 15 after many people kept asking about additional sleeping for children. The house is ample in size but to accomodate 15, 3 people need to bring sleeping bags and use the unoccupied 3 couches, one being more of a love seat (so smaller person of the 3 gets that!)
Big Bear City is just far enough from ski area (2.5-3 miles) and busy village (3.5 miles) but just close enough for easy grocery and retail shops, as well as quite near mountain trails. Easy access from northeast corner of lake to both busy south side of lake with skiing, village and more, as well as to peaceful north coast with boat ramp, mountain trails, and more.
Directions: Depending on where you are coming from, there are multiple ways up the hill. Usually people take the 330 up from Highland (off 210) up to Running Springs, and connect with Highway 18. Go east on 18, through Arrowbear, to the lake. You can take the north shore or south shore route, both about the same distance, the south giving you far more places to stop and buy groceries, supplies, etc by taking you through the village of Big Bear Lake.
In either case, when you get to the east end of the lake, there is a cross road called 'Stanfield cutoff', and then past the lake overflow area there is another called 'Division'.
On the north side of the lake, just east of Division about one block, is Eagle Mountain drive. We are about a half mile in on this street on the right hand side of the road. Hopefully the pictures will make it easy to find.
- Daily rate applies (primarily) to Sun-Thursday. Friday/Saturday rates are 50% higher (holiday weekends, higher rate, usually include Sunday night as well)..
- Per person rates (beyond 6) are $15 per day.
- Season rates begin Nov 15th or first snowfall, whichever is later, ending Apr 15.
- Weekly and Monthy rates available.
Tenants MUST LEAVE PROPERTY AS CLEAN AS THEY FOUND IT, except for linens and towels. (please don't dismantle bed but leave bed 'not made' to indicate what beds were used). All trash to be taken out, house left in order. IF FURNITURE WAS MOVED AT ALL, PLEASE RETURN TO ORIGINAL POSITION (any time spent by cleaning crew for any of the above items will be billed against deposit). Tenant agrees to terms, by booking reservation on this site.
Bring paper towels, trash bags, soap, shampoo. There is 1 DVD player (upstairs) and 2 VCR player’s (upstairs and MBR) to play what you may bring with you (local Blockbuster closed). At present there are about 150 VHS movies at the residence to choose from as well. (The three TV's are on only 2 satelite tuners, so downstairs and MBR are in synch, same remote control. separate remote for upstairs living room. (if you loose Satelite, you probably got TV on wrong reception channel. TV should be tuned to 3 upstairs, and 73 downstairs. After doing so be sure to have Dish remote in Dish tuning mode)
Check-In: [Check-in time is 4pm]
1. Wireless "" code is 9a9966b8 (note added 7.4.15)
2. When using either fireplace, keep fire at a reasonable seized flame. DO NOT USE LIGHTER FLUID TO START FLAME (use paper); very dangerous indoors for many reasons (fires and breathing). Keep the fireplace screen closed so that sparks do not shoot out onto the carpet or floor. Do NOT at any time during your stay empty the ashes from the fireplace. This will be taken care of by the landlord after you check out.
3. There are two primary thermostats near to their respective space heaters, one upstairs in the hallway and the other downstairs near the entrance. The third heater in the downstairs bedroom has a thermostat on its top that you need to reach in and rotate counter-clockwise to increase heat.
4. Dining Room light is on a timer so if it doesn’t come on for you (switch on swag chain), rotate the timer switch at the outlet and try again.
5. Exterior and Mud Room lights: There are two outside and one mud room (entrance foyer) light that are on motion detection, Please be sure that tape on switches for these lights remains.
6. Refrigerator: you should have to turn the temp up in the refrigerator (don’t adjust the freezer temp. Never should it be over 2.)
7. Read check out procedure below when you arrive and if anything is NOT as it should be (remote controls, towels in bathrooms, Foosball table, etc.) CALL Landlord immediately to note.
CHECKOUT: [Checkout time is 11 am]
1. FIREPLACE: If you used the fireplaces, make sure chimney ‘damper’s’ are now closed.
2. KITCHEN: Please wash and put away all dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc. If Oven was used, please clean.
3. REFRIGERATOR: If you adjusted temperature, please be sure refrigerator side is turned back down. Cold empty refrigerators can frost up and cause damage. Freezer setting should never need to be above #2. Please don't turn freezer below 1 when you leave. Please check that knob when you get in and when you leave. Thanks!!
4. FLOORS: Please do the sweeping of kitchen, bathrooms and downstairs floor. [Broom, dustpan in upstairs hall closet. [swiffer sweeper also provided for upstairs wood floors] Additional broom & dustpan in downstairs closet (next to piano or in mud room).
Please return all to same locations.]. If any excess items on carpets, please pickup. Cleaning lady will vacuum carpets.
5. REMOTE CONTROLS: PLEASE ensure they are velcro-attached to their respective TV/player. 2 downstairs, 2 upstairs, 1 in MBR.
6. Foosball Table: two balls are in either goal pockets or china cabinet drawer. Please verify.
7. HEAT: Leave upstairs and downstairs heater thermostats at 50-degree position. Turn downstairs bedroom heater thermostat all the way down (clockwise).
8. POWER: Make sure televisions, appliances and all lights are turned off except the dining room swag lamp, which is on a timer. Please make sure this light is turned on and timer is functional.
9. SECURITY: Please be sure that all curtains, entry doors, sliding glass doors and windows are closed and locked.
10. TRASH / GARBAGE: Garbage and trash must be removed from the property. Trash should NOT be left in cans at street. Garbage especially cannot. [If cleaning people have to remove your trash from house or street, there will be a charge.]
Public Trash Sites (Clean Bear) The City maintains two public trash sites for trash and recyclable disposal to serve both residents and visitors. (See map on wall near refrigerator.) Locations:
- Fire House #2 (across from the Civic Center on Big Bear Blvd.) - southwest side of lake
- Big Bear Disposal, 41974 Garstin Road
KEYS: Keys must be returned to the lockbox (unless instructed otherwise).
12. ALL Furniture MUST be returned to original position if you relocated it. Do NOT leave this for cleaning people as their time to do so will be charged.
DEPOSIT: Refund of deposit will follow property inspection. IF YOU LEFT THE PLACE LIKE YOU FOUND IT, YOU CAN MOST LIKELY BE ASSURED OF A FULL REFUND!! If you didn’t do all of the above, not to worry, we only pass on the cost of the labor time that it takes. We want you back as a tenant!
(guessing on that year of purchase). Parents of 6, grandparents of 7 (soon to be 8), we use our mountain home primarily for family events a few times a year and rent it to the public the rest of the time.
William/Lily Silverthorn purchased this house in 1998
I love to ski and we thought why rent every year, let's buy. Trust me, don't. I haven't skied since!! ;-) But we do have annual christmas's together as a family up here.
Love the location of the property, away from the crowd, back far enough from the street, and in a quiet neighborhood. Yet only a few miles from everything.
We booked this cabin with almost two months in anticipation so we could have the best prices.
They just informed us that they cancelled our reservation 2 weeks before our trip with no reason.
Now all the other cabins we had as an option back then are twice as expensive as they were when we badly choose this one.
They should give us a compensation because now our trip is going to be more expensive, and that’s their fault.
Our large group was able to spread out and relax in this warm and inviting home close to all amenities in Big Bear. The owner was exceptionally friendly and communicative! We had one minor need, and it was taken care of in a matter of minutes -- we were very impressed! The kitchen was open and provided everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable. The location was great, and we were easily able to get into Big Bear City, and explore the lake and local attractions. We enjoyed horseback riding at Baldwin Stables.
The house was great! It was clean and everything was exactly as described! Our trip went on with out a hitch! Also the owners were very helpful and answered every time I called! :)
The place was clean and had everything we needed. Everyone had a great time and we definitely will be back!
Everything was perfect, home was clean. Had everything we needed, comfortable and spacious. Close to market
Definitely would re/book for the future
July 2014 Stanley - Excellent location. Communication good. Clean.
July 2014 Riese - We had a great week-long stay at William's property in Big Bear. There was plenty of room for six of us, a spacious kitchen, solid water pressure in the shower and an optimal location. The deck was also really nice. A bonus was the plethora of '80s/'90s movies on VHS. There's no time like the present to watch Jurassic Park again!
June 2014 Scott - Great way to kick off our summer! The house is well kept and minutes from the lake and shopping. Our family trip of 11 including 6 kids found the home to be a good fit. The two sitting rooms afforded the adults some seclusion while still being within earshot of the children. The kitchen had all the things one would need to prepare and cook a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner, which we did. Overall very satisfied with our stay. Thanks William.
February 2014 Cesar - Great Place! Had a great time! Close to Bear Mountain.
January 2014 Dilson - Great Place...We were in 9. 4 Adults and 5 kids. It was perfect. All clean and confortable. The kitchen is totally equipped. The place is very near of SnowSummit and other places to ski. We enjoyed a lot. Thank you William. You made our tour very easy.
January 2014 Emily - Everything was great! Lots of sofas and space to talk and lounge around, especially if you come with a group of friends. There were also some sleds downstairs in the mud room which was nice to have (although we didn't use them). Thanks William!
January 2014 Helen - Lovely stay in this home- Had trouble reaching owner until the day before we arrived, but he was very accomodating once we finally were able to talk to him.
January 2014 Jacob - Great cabin lots of room and at a great price
January 2014 Avo - We had so much fun William's spacious cabin in Big Bear. It was pretty close to all the necessities like he described. When we got there the house was clean and tidy. The only trouble we had was the master bedroom door was jammed, but even on New Years Eve William was able to get Josh (his handyman) to come by and get it open! Other than that the weekend went without a hitch. I would suggest you bring your own blankets in the winter time, also the house doesn't have Salt and Pepper stalked, so you do need to bring your own supply. Overall I would recommend this stay to any friend. My friends were also pleased!
Big Bear Lake and Big Bear City make up the primary area of a 4 season resort in southern california. Primary busy season is in the winter when it's many ski lodges are running, but great fishing in the other seasons with a well stocked 7 mile long lake, also suitable for skiing. Plenty of mountain trails as well. Zip lines, golf course, small zoo, theatres, bowling alley, boat rentals, and more. Enjoy the beautiful 4 season area of southern California. short term fishing licenses are available with all equipment rentable as well.
If your stay allows it, take a drive off the mountain if you want to also visit the ocean, theme parks and larger Los Angelels/Orange country metro area.
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Leave Property as you found it!!!! Clean up after yourself except for used towels, linens, please leave them for service. If any damage, declare it, and that includes soiled linens/towels. All trash must be removed, there are dumpster sites on southside of lake for use. Property must be swept (cleaning service does vacuuming. [ Do NOT leave furniture in disaray - if you moved it, return it.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.