|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Cedar Heart Cabin is a modern cabin privately located along the shores of the Miramichi River. The Miramichi River is world famous for its salmon fishing - both spring and summer. The name 'Miramichi' means 'quiet running river' and it is a perfect place for water activities such as fishing, swimming, boating, canoeing and kayaking. The cabin has two floors, the main floor and a walk in basement. There are two bedrooms - both with a queen bed. There is also a double pull out sofa in the living room. There is a full bathroom upstairs with stand in shower, washer & dryer and a 1/2 bath downstairs. All bedding, towels and linens are provided for you. The kitchen has fridge, stove, coffee maker, kettle, microwave, electric can opener, all dishes, pots, & silverware you would require. There is electric heat throughout the cabin and air conditioning downstairs. There is a wood burning stove in the living room area, two leather rockers and a pull out sofa bed. From the kitchen and living room area, you have a beautiful view of the Miramichi River and can walk out onto a roomy porch on which are rockers, bistro table and chairs and a barbeque. Just a few feet from the front of the cabin is a screenhouse equipped with patio furniture. A brook runs alongside the screenhouse and provides a nice background sound for relaxing. During the summer months, there is a small floating dock anchored out from the shore on which you can sit and enjoy the quiet of the river. This is also a good area for swimming. For non residents wanting to fish, we can help you obtain a guide (some advance notice required). We have available on site one canoe which you may use for no extra charge (life jackets and paddles also provided) We can provide shuttle service upriver if you would like (small fee for the shuttle service). Other canoes and/or kayaks are available for rent just a few minutes away in the village of Blackville. The village has a grocery store, pharmacy, gas stations and credit union available for your use.
I am retired and my husband is a pastor and manager of a radio station. We love to travel and meet people. We live in the village of Blackville about 3 kms from the cabin's location. We built and decorated the cabin ourselves. When you visit, you will see the quality workmanship and attention to details in the cabin's decor. We have lived in New Brunswick our entire lives so we know the area well and can advise you on anything you will need to know. We have traveled extensively and are aware of the traveler's needs.
Darlene Stewart purchased this cabin in 2009
This property gave us a get away close to home and we continue to enjoy it ourselves in this way. It gives us access to the river for kayaking and canoeing among other water activities all of which we enjoy ourselves.
Upon arrival we had to admire the decor (interior). Also, everything you needed was well explained in document supplied. The scenery and the privacey was very rewarding. Two words decribes this residence very well, relaxation and privacey!!
thx..............Chris & Edna , Moncton, N.B.
We are centrally located within the province and are within driving distance of many day trip adventures:
• Whale watching and deep sea fishing – Bay of Chaleur and Bay of Fundy
• Hopewell Cape near Moncton
• Downhill skiing at Crabbe Mountain in Millville and Poley Mountain in Sussex Corner
• Cross country skiing in Miramichi & Blackville
• Snowmobiling trails
• Boat tours of Miramichi and Miramichi Bay
• Parlee Beach
• Kouchibouguac National Park
• Fundy National Park
• Prince Edward Island – we are about 3.5 hours from the island
• Historical parks of Acadia Village & Kings Landing
• Wilderness hiking trails taking you to some seldom visited but beautiful waterfalls and lakes
• Regional festivals
• Bluegrass Festivals in Rogersville and Blackville
• Native Cultural Center – Metepenagiag – 20 kms from Blackville
• City of Moncton for great shopping
• Our capital city of Fredericton
• Ritchie Wharf in Miramichi for local crafts
• Local produce and crafts at weekly farmer’s market in Miramichi
• Swimming and tubing along the Miramichi River
• Bass & trout fishing.
• Salmon fishing on the world famous Miramichi River – local guides are available.
• Tackle shop providing fishing lessons and equipment in Blackville.
• Canoeing and kayaking local rivers – Miramichi, Dungarvon, Bartholomew, Cains, Renous, Norwest & Little Southwest Miramichi (canoe rentals available in Blackville)
• Local walking trails
• Four wheeler trails
• Horseback riding available locally
• Live, local theatre
• Cycling along the river
• Guided bear watching tours.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
The following restrictions apply to your stay:
- no excessive drinking of alcohol during your stay
- no use of illegal drugs during your stay
- smoking outside allowed in restricted area only
- the cabin is intended to be a place of peace and quiet so we ask that loud noise be kept down particularly after dark.
WEEKLY RATES ARE AVAILABLE. RATES & DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CONTACT OWNER FOR DETAILS.
A 20% deposit is required at reservation. It can be paid via online credit card or cheque. The remainder of the payment is due at check in. We have no debit or credit capability at the cabin so payment there must be by cheque or cash (Canadian funds). Please note our rate is $125 C per night. If you are on homeaway.com you are being quoted in American Dollars - see homeaway.ca for Canadian quote.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: