|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Welcome to peaceful "La Malenka", located very high in the Cove.
This beautiful, romantic and very private 3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 bathrooms will take your stress and breath away with its wrap-around Santa Rosa mountain views, starry nights and pristine air.
The master bedroom features a King-sized bed and its own large full bath and sliding glass door.
The second bedroom features a Queen-sized bed and the third bedroom two twin size bed.
Both bedrooms share a stunning second bath with a large, slate-finished shower.
With French doors all around, you can access the swimming pool and spa from the master bedroom or the living room and enjoy the sun and the view or be inspired by the dark sky and sparkling stars.
The private patio and fire pit located in the other side of the house can be accessed from the dining area as well as the 2nd and 3rd bedroom for quieter time.
Located high in the Cove, "La Malenka" offers quick access to recreational areas, including several city parks, rugged mountain trails and the Fred Wolff Bear Creek Nature preserve and only biking distance from La Quinta Resort and Spa a world renowned resort.
At the foot of the Cove and its Santa Rosa Mountain range, Old Town La Quinta's picturesque Main Street lined with restaurants, boutiques, cafe and shops with outdoor concerts, art shows, seasonal activities and weekly organic farmers' market.
For unstoppable Shopaholic:
Within few minutes drive, the world famous El Paseo Shopping District in Palm Desert features over 300 world class shops, clothing boutiques, art galleries, jewelers, restaurants and much more...
Known as the Rodeo Drive of the Desert, El Paseo boasts a wide spectrum of stores from Sak's 5th Avenue to individually owned boutiques.
Whether you decided to go hiking or just stay at the house and relax, you will fell boosted, renewed and filled with good energy.
Keywords: Fenced House, Secluded, yard, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Mountain View, Palm Spring, Palm Desert,
The property is beautiful - Inside: Clean, light and spacious, well-furnished; Outside beautifully furnished too and very quiet. The owner, could not have been more gracious and accommodating. The pool is great with a gorgeous mountain view.
Ideal for a relaxing vacation with short drive to Old town La Quinta when you want to go to restaurants, Farmers market and shops.
The property could be nice with a little more upkeep. The house was dusted and clean on first appearance but...
1. One kitchen wall had what appeared to be dried food/beverage/puke...that had run down the wall at the time that it was fresh.
2. Kitchen cupboards and drawers needed to be cleaned inside (drinking glasses left a ring in the dust and a couple of the glasses were sitting in something sticky).
3. Living room couch is light colored and really dirty.
4. Master bathroom shower was covered in orange scum.
5. Not one room had any dressers/drawers. Nowhere to put your clothes away, so you have to live out of your suitcase.
6. Master bathroom had what appeared to be feces on the wall just above the toilet paper.
7. One of the pillows in the second bedroom (queen size bed) was cream on one side and the other side was grey with dirt.
8. The back yard needed some TLC as well. The grass was going to seed in places.
9. One valve on the hot tub did not work so we did not use the hot tub. (It doesn't run at night anyway...after the day cools off and the kids are in bed...what good it that?)
10. The pool was full of leaves - expected and we cleaned them out each day - but there was no way to clean the dirt and leaves off of the bottom of the pool. We were there on a holiday so the pool didn't get cleaned while we were there. In future, we will know to ask if the pool has a vacuum.
11. The pergola in the back yard...the linen shades had black stains. NOTHING like the picture. The furniture of course was dirty as it sits outside with no cleaning/maintenance.
12. The entire home was dusty in all of the closet’s etc...due to lack of use.
We probably wouldn't have taken the time to give a review except for the fact that our arrival was such a disappointing, miserable experience! We arrived at about 5:00 pm in the evening and it was 105 degrees outside and 100 degrees inside. The air conditioning had not been turned on in anticipation of our arrival. Unpacking was a nightmare! Our first night was very miserable. We had to go out to eat (with small children, after a long day/drive) just to get out of the house/heat.
One thing we did like was the cement floor. While not real attractive, it was very practicable when kids come in from swimming.
With a little TLC this could have been a very nice home/experience. We would not return.
The property is really nice but couple things wrong with it there's a leak in the back yard water keeps flowing making a mess, also the pool dosent have a vacuum always dirty the jacuzzi shuts off at night and dosent work till morning also worst neighbors they called the cops for listening to music during the day not even loud definitely not staying here again.
We went to La Quinta for a family birthday. La Malenka was perfect for us. Just the right size. The pool and patio areas were gorgeous. We had a wonderful poolside cookout for my father-in-laws 80th birthday. Would definitely stay there again.
The house was a good value. Loved the backyard and the pool. No issues during our stay. Note that the Experience was rated as 3 stars only because it was loud during most of our stay due to neighbor doing landscaping. This is beyond anyone's control and we were just unlucky. I love this area due to it's location to Bear Creek Trail and the proximity of the mountains.
My husband and I stayed at La Malenka this past weekend and had a wonderful time. We loved the seating area with the coverings near the pool, there were plenty of loungers, and the hot tub/pool were easy to heat up and worked well. The house itself had a modern feel with very comfortable bed and sofa. We didn't do any cooking, but appliances looked good. Perhaps silly, but we really appreciated the fast wifi and good cable. Not a big deal to us, but future renters should note to bring own soap/shampoo. The house is also near the Top of the Cove hiking trails and we went hiking a couple of days. It's just a lovely, quiet place that we truly enjoyed. Great communication with Katia as well!
La Quinta Cove, Old Town La Quinta, La Quinta Resort and Spas, Santa Rosa Mountains, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Cochella Music Festival, Cochella Valley, Art, Farmers Market..
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 2016 - May 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.