This private year-round home on Norway Lake is perfect if you love nature and enjoy outdoor activities.
Our most common guests consist of multi-generational or family reunions who are meeting from various distant locations. We do not allow pets because of allergies and it is not appropriate for toddlers or younger. Everything is within reach for handicap accessibility.
There's something for everyone. Weekend guests are usually those involved in a wedding at Granite Ridge Estate, or girls/guys weekend, heading to the nearby Oxford Casino, or Speedway.
• SPARKLING CLEAN with simple decor and uncluttered living on three levels.
A place you walk into and say WOW! The craftsmanship is extraordinary!! "So much better than the pictures"
• The kitchen has loads of extras, including pizza dough supplies, spices and some sundries. A full pantry of cooking appliances. Linens and beach towels included.
• We have over an acre of land with 240' of water frontage with just a short walk to the town center.
• About 45 minutes to the ocean and Portland, DownEaster Train, but far enough to be alone and at peace with nature. No city noises; no ringing phones-- unless it’s yours. You can open up the walls of French doors and feel like you’re living outside, but without the bugs. You can turn on the radio, TV with cable, or access the WIFI to check your emails, but still hear the peepers and the loons. You can cook everything in the wood fired pizza oven, over the fire pit, use the convection/microwave, or regular oven.
• Grill inside the pizza oven, out on the gas grill, or over the fire.
• We have deep water access, if you bring your own motor boat or rent from one of the local marinas. White’s Marina directly across the lake offers boat rentals & supplies gas.
The public beach is located near Lake Store and boat launch, 2 miles away. We do not have a beach. We have a small shaded sandy section for small children & canoe entry. This home is a wonderful place for an adult retreat, casino or girls/guys weekend, a vacation spot for those who enjoy different activities,
• A perfect home for multi-generational family gatherings, with a first floor bedroom and gradual sloping grade to the dock. It's centrally located for area activities.
Here are our favorite things about Maine: The sunset from the dock and going across the lake to Boomers for lunch via boat, float, skis, ice skates, or snowmobile. Sitting under the porch during a rain storm or feeding the tamed chipmunks. We are at one with nature, but so close to civilization; we see otters, deer, lunar moths and the green frogs that stick to our windows, but could shop at major grocery stores right down the street.
We listen to the loons and the peepers on a warm summer night but could go to the casino, county fair, or drive-in movie instead. We enjoy clam bakes and Lobster meals over the bon-fire, followed with marshmallow roasting and baked apples. We love the view of the hemlocks covered in snow and a visit to the Victorian Poland House and wonder at Steve’s talent for decorating every inch, or walking downtown early morning to pick up the paper and a coffee and fresh pastry at the local bakery, or lounging on a comfy couch at the Nomad Cafe. Shopping at the indoor yard-sale, Pa’s Trading Post, antiquing or enjoy one of the many antique auctions. There's live entertainment locally at the Pub's and restaurants and fine dining with reservations suggested.
Norway hosts many of the local events, Triathlon, arts festival, fishing derby, snowmobile festival...
• Stepfalls is one of our favorite hikes because you climb up the waterfall. It’s only about 35 minutes from the house. You could even bring along our gold pan, or stop to mine for tourmaline on the way home.
• The kids/adults love to spend the day water tubing/fishing, or sledding/tubing/skiing, followed by a pizza party where everyone makes their own favorite pizza.
• There’s plenty to do at night: watch a movie, play board games, sing to karaoke -4 microphones, bumper pool, ping pong, or head up town to local shops that offer knitting, beading and bingo.
• We’re close to several golf courses: Norway, Poland Springs & Sunday River and have direct access from the house to the snowmobile, ATV and cross country ski trails. (not publicly advertised) There’s great skiing and snow tubing, at many local resorts. During the winter (snow permitting) we usually have a sledding hill from the back porch down to the lake. (at your own risk, we have plenty of sleds) There is also a skating park in Norway, we have assorted skates and cross-country skis that you're welcome to use at your own risk.
This art loving community has down to earth living with friendly people who smile when you say hello. We build huge memories here with friends and family. That’s why we love it. We think you’ll love it, too!