3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms Sleep eight
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Wonderful apartment in Reykjavik
This apartment was great. Had a great location 1 block from bus stop 1. Near restaurants and the Settlement Museum. All tours start from the bus stop. We were 5 adults and there was plenty of room. I couldn't do stairs but there was an Elevator to the fourth floor so no problem. The beds are very comfortable with quilts to keep warm. The ktichen had everything you needed. There was a grocery store about 2 blocks away. WiFi worked well. The TV has Netflix so you can watch movies in the evening. I think everything was perfect.
Excellent location, pleasant and well equipped apartment
Would highly recommend this spacious apartment in the heart of the city. It was perfect for our special family holiday trip, just steps away from restaurants, museums, bus stop and tour pick-up point. The owners graciously allowed an early check in and late checkout to accommodate our flight times, as no other renters immediately preceded or followed us.
Great stay in Reykjavík!
We were 6 adults and were quite comfortable in this very large apartment. The kitchen has modern appliances and there are plenty of pots, pans, dishes and silverware. There were no napkins provided so we improvised with paper towels. The first level bathroom is large and housed a washer and dryer which really came in handy. The second level bath is smaller but adequate. The beds were comfortable and I have never before seen an apartment with so many closets and drawers! The living room is huge and the TV was a bit difficult to navigate but we weren’t there to watch TV. I particularly liked the outdoor space off the main room and the bedroom. The apartment is centrally located. Walking distance to stores, restaurants and tour bus pickup was just a block away. The underground garage is a plus The owner met us when we arrived and explained where everything was. He is a lovely man. I will say the apartment needs a coat of paint and some other minor repairs, but overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it highly.
Our family of 5 used this as our base for 4+ days while visiting Iceland in late October. My impression of the property is generally very favorable with a few exceptions noted below.
I also did note previous comments on keys, parking, maintenance, and shower issues. We experienced no problems with keys although some of the doors to get into the building can be sticky, but still easy to open. Parking was not a problem and we drove a large SUV (Kia Sorrento). The pictures on VRBO portray the apartment accurately but little things like window paint need to be addressed. Nearly every window had peeling/cracking paint but didn't affect our stay. We also didn't experience any problems with the shower.
1) Location-very central to bars, restaurants, shopping and attractions. Also, next door to city hall and the bus stop. We walked everywhere from here without problem, even in the rain.
2) Size of the apartment was huge and the pictures don't necessarily display the size. The futon in the upper floor has a door creating another "bedroom". The main room was huge where we spent almost all of our time when in the unit.
3) Appliances are all modern and very nice. Not really important when traveling but still a plus that everything works the way it should.
4) Owner flexibility- the owner arranged to meet us when we wanted to check-in and allowed us to check-in early.
1. While the owner was flexible at check-in, we did receive a call the night before check-out confirming we were leaving before 1030 am the next day. This was a huge surprise as it wasn't communicated earlier and earlier than any other VRBO/Airbnb checkout time which is typically 11 or 12.
2. Supplies- The apartment only had 2 partial rolls of toilet paper, 2 small partial rolls of paper towels, and one set of bath towels per person. We had to purchase our own paper at the grocery store.
3. Cable/Sat tv- We spent one partial afternoon in the apartment due to rain. The tv service was Apple TV and only a two of the Apps were working. We don't spend time on vacation watching TV, but in this case, there really isn't TV available in the unit.
4. Fire safety- The unit occupies the fourth and fifth floor of the building and there was no fire escape or secondary exit. Also, there were two smoke alarms in the unit but only one had batteries.
Loved the location
The location is great! Close to stop number 1, about 30 steps, and extremely close to shops, restaurants, and a grocery. Little things need to be fixed here and there. The light fixtures, the door sticks and can be difficult at times, and smoke detectors were down, however, the place is amazing and has plenty of room. We had a group of 5 very strong willed women and no one killed anyone since there was plenty of room to escape if needed. I would suggest ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. It can be a bit loud at times with the random bar traffic.
Great location, comfortable place to stay. Kitchen was very convenient, beds were comfortable.
Would highly recommend this place. Location was great - easy access to many sights and restaurants in downtown Reykjavik. Penthouse was very spacious, easily worked for 6 adults; kitchen was well organized and very functional, beds were comfortable.