VERY SHORT WALK TO BEACH! ! We have added brand new carpets in the bunk and master bedrooms. Cute beach bungalow with a large pool, perfect for entertaining and rooftop deck for ocean peeks. Located just 2 blocks from the beach and 20 minutes from downtown, this home has the feel of an old time beach house with modern luxuries. This home has Great Amenities including a large pool and spa, roof top deck, Wifi and 4 TV's. There is a bathroom with a clawfoot tub with a shower curtain surrounding it. The second larger bathroom has a shower and has an attached washer/dryer room. The large front porch has and extra dining table that is expandable and a futon for sleeping or just reading. Enjoy cool ocean breezes and views from the roof top.
- Bungalow1464 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 - 7 nights
Private Pool Oceanview 4 Bed 2 Bath.--Short.Walk to Beach!
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 22, 2018
About John Beall
This beach cottage was originally built in 1942, but was rebuilt in 1989! I have made several improvements to make it a great little vacation home. I love to stay there myself when not rented. I am a local Real Estate Broker and live on the other side of the island with my wife Cindy and two children. I am just a phone call away if you need anything at all during your stay.
John Beall purchased this Bungalow in 2014
Why John Beall chose Isle of Palms
Affordable beach home for a single family with modern comforts. This home is just a couple blocks from the ocean. The large pool is perfect for kids and adults to enjoy. The rooftop deck is spectacular for sunsets and ocean views. It has lot's of character and you will really enjoy it's comforts and amenities.
What makes this Bungalow unique
OCEAN & WATERWAY VIEWS!!! HIGHEST POINT ON THE ISLAND. BEAUTIFUL POOL AND ROOFTOP DECK. TVs in 3 BEDROOMs. FREE WiFi. Private Hot Tub. Short Walk to the beach down 2nd Avenue. Expandable wagon and beach chairs available for you use. (Approximatley 4-6).
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We just wrapped up a week's stay at this wonderful beach home! My husband and I shared it with another couple, and it was just perfect for us. It is full of character, close to everything, and has a great backyard for dogs. Unfortunately, it was too cold to use the pool, but we did enjoy the hot tub! The beach is so close, and it was so nice to have a loaded beach wagon available for our use. Not only is the beach close, but so is Sullivan's, Mount Pleasant and of course, Charleston!!
John is an absolute pleasure to work with -- Thank you so much for sharing your home!
Thanks Kirsten! Hoping to put in a heater for next fall. Hope to have you back again as our guest!
beautiful house - very relaxing
We are a family of 5 with a dog, it was our first week end in Isle of Palms : we had a great time in this house.
Everything was ready when we arrived. The house has very good vibes.
We loved it and will come again !
Very cute bungalow style beach cottage. Well stocked with linens, kitchenware, etc. Very clean. We loved the little added touches throughout the property and the pool was wonderful! Only 20 easy minutes to downtown Charleston and a quick walk to the beautiful beach. We plan on visiting again. Owner is responsive to inquiries.
Thank you! Sorry hurricane Flo sent you packing early. We hardly got a drop of rain and little wind.............5 days after you left! Oh well.....better safe than sorry. At least we were spared all the mess....Come again soon!!
Lovely pool and helpful owner
We had a great time during our beach vacation and John, the owner, was very helpful before and during the trip. The pool is wonderful and the walk to the beach was easy, especially with the beach wagon provided for us. We did find the kitchen supplies to be frustrating as there was only one teaspoon and we had 3 kids. Salad bowl is needed as well as more comfortable beds! Many of us woke up with sore backs. Roof top deck is very nice but bring bug spray! It’s a charming 1945 cottage and we enjoyed its quirky nature but it is not with out its problems but it has been updated as well
Thank you for your honest review. We strive to take our guests recommendations seriously. We put in a new King bed in the fist bedroom soon after your stay. It has a foam mattress topper for extra comfort. I will check the other beds as well. The queen mattress is fairly new. I will check with our current guests and make any necessary changes to improve comfort. I can certainly add more silverware. I was not aware of the missing spoons and bowls. We had plenty there before.
Regardless, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back.
Really enjoyed our stay , close to the beach and pool was great
Reminded us of a true beach house with the added plus of a pool.
Happy, beachy cottage with great amenities and location
We loved our week at the beach with our group of family and friends (and our dogs)! It was so nice to have a pool right outside and the beach within easy walking distance. The front porch area was immensely helpful as a gathering spot to play games when it rained. John was very friendly and helpful! We'll definitely be back!
Nearest beach access at the end of 2nd Ave. Walk/cycle- SHORT WALK!.
Recreation Dept on 28th Ave has:
Basketball, Volleyball, Massage, Spa, Fitness Center
1. Beaches - first and foremost, Isle of Palms is home to some of America’s Cleanest Beaches. Just minutes by foot from our house. Collect shells, play beach bocci, sunbathe, play in the water and relax as much as you can.
2. Golf - Wild Dunes is home to two of South Carolina’s top golf courses. The 4th hole of the Fazio-designed Links Golf Course passes right near our home and is the more highly rated course. But many homeowners here prefer the Harbor Course, a 5 minute walk from our home, as it seems to be a lot more challenging
3. Tennis - Your Sports card will allow access to the beautiful Wild Dunes clay tennis court facilities, rated number one in many tennis magazines. And the pros put on exhibitions every Monday night with drinks and snacks provided with door prizes. Fun for all the family.
4. Pools - Enjoy pools by the beach front at the Pavilion while eating and enjoying some southern libations. Or perhaps relax with your family at the new pool at Palm Cove also with outdoor bar and dining. And for those wishing to exercise, please visit the recreation center pool for lap swimming.
5. Eating - Between dining in Wild Dunes, or outside the gates on Isle of Palms or making the 20 minute drive to downtown Charleston, you won’t be disappointed by your dining experience. Our food is a big reason why Charleston is frequently voted best vacation destination in the US!
6. Nature adventure/Water fun - rent boats down at the Wild Dunes marina or take a guided tour of the waters to take in all the wild life. Regardless, you’ll have a blast. Or perhaps sign up for parasailing to get a different view of our wonderful island.
7. History - Whether your visiting museums or beautiful old homes in downtown Charleston, plantations like Boone Hall/Middleton Place/ Magnolia or Forts Moultrie/Sumter, you won’t be disappointed. You’ll walk away with significant appreciation of history! And don’t miss the Yorktown Aircraft Carrier on Patriot’s Point.