|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
“Underoaks,” our summer cottage on the Maine coast, built in 1912, has been cherished by our family and friends since 1934.
Underoaks is a seasonal home situated on 1.5+ acres of private waterfront, with beautiful views of Casco Bay and easy access to both Freeport (15 minutes) and Portland (20 minutes). It is rented by the week from late-May through September. Although we are relatively new to HomeAway, we have been renting the house 'offline' for decades!
Here you will enjoy both old-fashioned 'Maine camp' authenticity and modern conveniences. With an updated, fully-equipped, eat-in kitchen, large living room, four bedrooms plus a screened sleeping porch (room for 11 people), and 2 bathrooms, it’s the ideal spot for multiple generations or several families to share. The property also has two sets of private steps to the rocky beachfront and ample yard space for kids of all ages to enjoy.
Enjoy all that Casco Bay has to offer, from Portland's excellent restaurants to LLBean and other Freeport shopping, then return home to watch the sunset over the bay on one of the house's two porches (one covered). Or spend a quiet day on the rocks, in the sunny kitchen or living room, or on the porch hammock, perhaps with a book from our extensive collection of mystery & detective novels, plus many others genres.
In addition to our private waterfront, guests enjoy the use of the neighborhood association pier, just steps from the house.
· Master bedroom (queen bed) and full bath with shower stall on first floor
· 3 bedrooms upstairs (one with queen bed, other have two twins each) plus a screened sleeping porch (three twins), and full bath with footed tub/shower. The upstairs rooms retain that rustic 'camp' atmosphere, and every bedroom has beautiful water views.
· Large, modernized, eat-in kitchen with adjacent deck. The deck is our favorite spot for watching the sunset.
· Kitchen amenities include microwave, coffee maker, food processor, blender, toaster, pots & pans, dishes, glassware, etc. Second refrigerator in garage.
· Living room with working fireplace and access to large covered porch, both with extensive waterfront views
· Free wifi (no long distance phone service or TV set)
· Garage parking for 1 car, driveway space for 3 more
· Stereo with iPod connection in the kitchen
· Two gas heaters on the first floor, good for cooler Maine days/nights
· All bedding & towels are provided
· Washer & dryer in kitchen
· House is cleaned between tenants only
· No smoking or pets
Acquired by our family in 1934, the house is currently owned by third generation siblings, and enjoyed every summer by their (adult) children and grandchildren.
Jenny & Ricardo Chavira purchased this house in 1934
Underoaks is the perfect setting to relax and unwind. The waterviews from the house are spectacular! The kids really enjoyed climbing on the rocks at the beach. The house is spacious, and even with 11 of us, there was plenty of room to all be together or to have private time. Portland and Freeport are only a shirt drive away if interested in shopping or going out to eat. Jenny was great about getting in touch through email or phone and offered great suggestions for things to do. We will definitely be looking into reserving the house again in the future!
This property is well described. We have been coming for years; in fact, we have made it an annual tradition. The owners are informative and helpful. The house is quiet and the experience has always been incredibly relaxing. The views and water access are second to none. You can see water from almost every room and window, and there are numerous places where the views are second to none (the porch, deck and big room). The sleeping porch where you can sleep while hearing the water is another special option. At the same time, the location is a really good one. Although the house is incredibly quiet and private, you can be in Freeport in 20 minutes (at most!) and in Portland in just a bit longer. Lastly, the kitchen is really large, which I love. The spacious living spaces make it easy for a larger group, though a smaller group can also feel right at home. This is a wonderful place to go and relax and take in Maine!
Great house in a great neighborhood. We had so much fun.
This cottage is exactly as advertised. What a wonderful stay! We appreciated most that the owners stopped by to acquaint us with the property. The best part was sleeping on the porch and listening to the ocean beneath us. We highly recommend this property and hope to rent it again in the future.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 26 2017 - Sep 16 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|