|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Totara Country Lodge is perfectly located for your exploration of the Far North of New Zealand. Situated high above the beautiful Whangaroa Harbour on the east coast of New Zealand, it's just one hour's drive north of the Bay of Islands and 20 minutes south of the cute little fishing village of Mangonui.
Here, gorgeous accommodation, history and character come together in a peaceful setting nestled amongst native bush in one of Northland's most scenic locations - an area steeped in history. Totara North is a vacation spot that is popular with families, nature enthusiasts and water lovers.
It's an easy day trip from The Villa to:
- Cape Reinga - the spiritual northern most tip of New Zealand where the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean meet
- The Bay of Islands - explore by boat from Paihia or drive this stunning piece of coastline by taking the little car ferry to Russell
- Waipoua Forest on the west coast and home to New Zealand's oldest standing kauri tree,Tane Mahuta thought to be 2000 years old - stunning experience
- Play a round of golf at the world famous Kauricliff or Carrington Golf Courses
- And explore some of New Zealand's most beautiful beaches - Coopers Beach, Cable Bay, Taupo Bay, Tauranga Bay and Hihi - all just 20 mins away
Set on a ridge above the main road, the lodge and gardens afford glimpses of beautiful deepwater Whangaroa Harbour. The gracious old villa is warm and cosy inside, but generously endowed with verandahs for relaxation. From there, the wide sweep of lawn draws you out to the gardens. Set in such beauty, this holiday home is one you will want to return to again and again, to be able to explore all that Doubtless Bay and Northland has to offer holiday makers.
Set aside from the main homestead is the quaint little Cottage. Once the maid's quarters, this is now a comfortable self-contained holiday cottage - a retreat amongst the treetops.
NB: A cancellation fee of 20% of applies
PEAK: 1 December to 30 April - 2x adults - $300 per night. OFF-PEAK: 01
May to 30 November - 2x adults $200 per night. Additional guests at
$25 each per night. The Lodge has 3 bedrooms with a queen size bed
in each room. The Cottage has 1x king size bed that is able to be
split into 2x single beds, with bathroom andamp; kitchenette a few steps
from the main house. This property can comfortably take up to 8 guests
with the extra cottage accommodation. 3 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY
Extras: Cleaning (included); Linen (included);
Affords visitors and families peace and privacy
Beautiful place - very private and everything we needed was there. Hosts very hospitable and kind..even when it looked as though we had lost the only front door key! Eventually found. Would highly recommend this property.