About the property
- Apartment1200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
3 bedroom, 2 bath resort feel with all the conveniences of a full home
'Hillside Village' Walk-up garden apt Rio Grande PR near Rio Mar hotel, El Yunque, beaches, etc. # Mar D 102. Equipped and furnished, 3 bdrms, 2 baths, sea view 24/7 security, 2 pk, pool, tennis & more. Road # 968 km 1.8, Rio Mar Blvd 00745. The apartment offers all the comforts and conveniences of a home, full kitchen, washer & dryer etc with the added attractions of a resort, small garden and awning covered terrace with BBQ, pool, tennis court and other amenities in common areas, near Puerto Rico's best hotels, beaches, golf and tourist attractions. Cable TV, wifi and two tv units, 5 air conditioning units. 2 designated parking spaces, swimming pool at the condo and more.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Jeannette Rizek
I am happy to be able to provide enjoyable, comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations in my property. I like meeting new people and providing them a place to stay for vacation or while visiting friends and family. I think Puerto Rico is a great vacation destination and I like being helpful to my guests in any way I can.
Jeannette Rizek purchased this Apartment in 2004
Why Jeannette Rizek chose Mameyes II
I had good friends in the neighborhood, which is not far from San Juan, and found the area so attractive with the beaches, rain forest and other natural beauties. It is surrounded by hotels, restaurants, a variety of beaches and more.
What makes this Apartment unique
The project is good looking, secure, well maintained, accessible to many nearby attractions and beaches, and it is spacious both inside the apartments and in common areas.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Nice condo and a very good value
This condo was a great value for a large group. We were party of 9, 5 adults and 4 kids, and there was plenty of room and beds for everyone. Jeanette answered all of my questions and provided very clear instructions for checking in and out of the property. She also provided lots of information about the area. The condo was very clean and nicely decorated. The pictures are very accurate. It was very well stocked with towels, linens, washer and dryer, and even some bathroom toiletries. The kitchen had lots of utensils and condiments, but the microwave and fridge could use an upgrade. There’s AC in every room and plenty of hot water for showers. There’s even a phone land line but no one in our group had issues with our cell phones. All beds were comfortable, and the bunk beds were a hit with the kids. The subdivision itself is very safe, with gated entry and onsite security guard. The pool was nice and clean and there’s also a gym, tennis court and playground. The location of this condo is perfect for day trips to Vieques and Culebra, Fajardo and Luquillo Beach. Also a short drive to San Juan. We were also provided with a “beeper” and instructions for access to Rio Mar but ran out of time before we could attempt to use it. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and wished we had stay longer in order to enjoy everything this property and this area had to offer.
I am very thankful for your fair and honest review and appreciate your suggestion for upgrade, we are working on needed improvements already.
You were a very cooperative and reasonable guest and I would welcome you back anytime.
I love to hear renters have a good time and feel comfortable and at ease at the property.
Don’t be fooled by the pictures you see. This apt was nothing like what us was in the website.
The property was dirty, the patio dirty. The curtain above the patio table did not open. The table full of cigarette butt. The kitchen dirty and cabinets broken. Bathrooms dirty as well. But since we stayed Homeaway determined it was livable. First and last time in this site. Homeaway should post current pictures and oblige owners to guarantee expectation. Given by the owner.
Well furnished apartment. We were a group of 10 and fit perfectlly.
Nice patio to sit at night and have a pleasant bbq. Nice pool. Well furnished!
Thanks for your review, Gilda.
Great location. Great for four adults and four kids. Walking distance to ocean. Safe.
Beautiful beach. The resort is well maintained. The pools are very nice. Our condo was very comfortable, but the kitchen could use a little updating. Jeanette was quite prompt with addressing our concerns. I would stay here again. Great value for the price.
Our family always has a great time at Hillside Village. Location is amazing! Great beaches, restaurants and love the proximity to the rainforest. We were a large group and decided last minute to rent a second condo. Jeannette was amazing and took care of all our guests needs. The apartment was clean and well equipped. We really enjoyed our family dinners outside on the patio. Thank you again Jeanette for assisting us on such short notice and also finding the time to book several excursions for us. We definitely would recommend staying at Hillside Village!
Thank you very much for your review.
HORRIBLE AND HAS NO CELL PHONE RECEPTION!
WE RESERVED THIS CONDO FOR 5 DAYS. OUR EXPERIENCE WAS EXTREMELY HORRIBLE. FIRST, AS WE WALKED INTO THE CONDO, IT WAS A STRANGE SMELL. AS WE OPENED THE DOOR, WE WERE GREETED TO A CAN FULL OF TRASH AND NATS THAT WERE SITTING FROM THE LAST TENANTS. NEXT, WE FOUND A WASHER FULL OF MILDEW TOWELS AND BEER CANS THAT WERE ALSO LEFT FROM THE PREVIOUS PARTY. AS WE CALLED JEANETTE, SHE HAD AN ATTITUDE AS IF WE WERE IN THE WRONG FOR CALLING HER TO LET HER KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUES. THE TUB, BATHROOM, KITCHEN, AND BEDS WERE UNMADE AND THE HOUSE SMELLED LIKE SPOILED MILK. JEANETTE'S DID PLACE US IN ANOTHER UNIT, WHICH FORCED US TO DOWNSIZE TO A TWO BEDROOM AND FROM A THREE BEDROOM AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND BY JEANETTE AND HER STAFF FOR 4 HOURS. THIS IS EXTREMELY UNACCEPTABLE. I WOULD STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THE PRICE IS NICE, BUT ONCE YOU GET THERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Welcome to the review reply I would have never wished to write. This review, the only one below 4 stars as you can see, is the fulfillment of this guest's threat sent through a text message on my cell phone.
This traveler is accurate about the fact that my property was not clean when they arrived on March 15, 2017, because the person responsible for this service failed me, the first time this has happened in years. This guest’s comment that I did not respond adequately is untrue and I can evidence it. I immediately started to solve the situation and the property was in fact cleaned after a couple of hours, an inconvenience I recognized and offered compensation with one free night. However, this renter and her companions, were overreacting about the situation and very aggressive and hostile towards me, to a friend who visited to offer help, to the person who went to provide the service plus several other witnesses.
Claiming they were not happy with the arrangement, they tried to exact another free night plus demanded to be hosted elsewhere. As a responsible owner worrying about the situation and in response to their pressures, I complied providing in addition a very good alternative, a much more expensive property they agreed upon.
Eunice is now menacing to dispute the credit card charge with which they paid for their stay, a threat also recorded on another text message, an unreasonable claim given the fact they enjoyed a prime accommodation, a free night plus more than fair remediation from us. The reason they allege is because, in response to their pressures for the refund, I informed them I was reviewing alternatives to handle an extra electric bill charge that will come as consequence of their leaving all five air conditioner units of the property on for several days when they left, even though this was specified on the stay agreement they signed, the first time I am considering retaining a damage deposit from my guests.
The only reasonable explanation that comes to my mind is that these persons are trying to obtain further dishonest gain from this agreement. The issues they are reporting about the apartment not being clean was solved quickly and the lack of cell phone reception cannot be directly attributable to me, and they recognize I provided alternate lodging.
Please HA, consider any way to save other owners or administrators this ordeal I am still going through, demonstrated here by the fact that I am having to submit this review reply.
• Wyndham Rio Mar hotel resort – less than a mile away, beach, golf, restaurants, etc
• St Regis Bahia nearby hotel at Rio Grande
• Grand Melia Hotel – Rio Grande
• Coco Beach Trump Golf Course & hotel – Rio Grande
* El Conquistador Hotel & Resort - Fajardo Puerto Rico (12 minutes away)
• El Yunque Rain Forest – Tropical Rain forest with waterfalls, walking trails, rivers, zipline (787)3701010, etc
• Hacienda Carabali – about 1.2 miles away if you take Road #3 east bound at your right very near if you take #3 east, horseback riding, restarurant, etc
• In the Fajardo Ferry Terminal you can take a Ferry to Culebra and Vieques islands, (world renowed beaches) and there is an airport in Fajardo also that can take you to the islands 787-860-2005; ext. 234 To get there take Road #3 east direction around 18 miles until you reach a traffic light with Plaza Fajardo on your right (Pueblo supermarket, Walgreesn Pharmacy and Walmart store). At this junction make a left turn onto road 194 or Avenida Valero and continue for about 3 miles until av Osvaldo Valero and take it left for 650 meters and right on carretera Cabezas de San Juan for 120 meters, left onto calle Union and you should reach the dock.
• Fajardo Luminescent Bay – Bio Bay Kayak and boat excursions – Luminescent Bay night excursions 987 Carr Cabezas Fajardo, PR, United States (787) 435-1665 (Las Croabas, Fajardo) – There are several excursion carriers with a variety of kayak/boat alternatives usually leaving on tours at around 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm onto a beautiful luminescent water bay, a one of a kind experience
• Luquillo Kiosks – around 2 miles away on road #3 east bound, local food, fried fish and other typical puertorrican fritters at affordable prices
* Lluvia - Excellent for breakfast and sandwiches at road PR 955 Rio Grande (a bit expensive but very nice and good food)
• Restaurant Terraza Montemar – Road 968 km 2.2 Las Coles very near the apartment, typical local puertorrican food (787)8874303, not cheap but good mofongo
• Richie’s Café (nearby Restaurant) – Road 968 km 2.0 very near the apartment, great views & live music on selected nights
• Don Pepe Restaurant – On Road #3 km 29 Marginal Palmer very near the traffic light of roads 968 & 3 to your right on #3 if you are bound to San Juan (787)8887373
• Pizza Hut delivery Pizza Road #3 km 23.5 (787)887-8110
• Lolitas Mexican restaurant – on Road #3 km 41.3 Fajardo (east from the apartment, aound 7 miles away), affordable mexican food, live music on Fridays (787)8890250
• Pasion por el Fogon restaurant in Fajardo Road 987 Km 2.0 Bo Sardinera, Fajardo, PR (787)863-3502, expensive but worth every penny, “Meson Gastronomico” meaning it is nationally recognized
• Walmart supercenters are one in Canovanas Road #3 km 17.8 and on Fajardo, same Road #3
• Amigo supermarket (Mon-Sat: 7am – 9 pm Sun 11-7pm) and Walgreens pharmacy are on Road #3 at km 28.0 Rio Grande and there is another Amigo at Luquillo.
• The Outlet Shopping Mall at Canovanas Road #3 km 17.8 has a variety of stores and a food court
• Nearby Rio Grande shopping Mall at Road #3 km 24.5 has a Ralph’s Supermarket, TJ Maxx, Sears, Wendy’s and other stores