Welcome to our Old City Bungalow. Built in 1889 its original ambiance and craftsmanship remains evident today. This 120+ years young cottage is a mix of layers of local history with all the comforts of our modern age. A beautiful serene gem just outside of the lights and action of the tourist part of the city yet just a short (5 minute) walk away, the best of both worlds awaits you here. Park your car and leave it, you don’t need it much at all.
Three comfortable bedrooms can comfortably sleep up to 6 guests. There are two master suites. One master has a king bed and full bath, the second master suite has a queen. The third bedroom has two twin beds. These two rooms share the second full bath.
The kitchen is fully equipped with quality cooking in mind if you need it, but don’t forget in minutes you can be eating almost any cuisine you can image with a short walk in any direction. The white picket fence gives the property a southern plantation style all it’s own. Plenty of parking off the street which is rare in this city. The beautiful deep overhang wrap-around porch is a favorite. It’s perfect for watching the natural surroundings and enjoying that hot or cold beverage day or night, rain or shine.
Step inside the glass filled front door and into the window-lined sun room and see the next favorite spot with a comfy leather recliner surrounded by historic photos and antiquities from our local area. The view from here is always tranquil and pleasant.
Vintage plaster walls encompass the living room space for chilling out, reading or socializing. The antique heartwood flooring shows a history all its own and above there’s a dramatic honey-hued vaulted ceiling that gives the room a beautiful dimension. The room has no TV or radio, keeping things like they were, a hundred years before.
Through the doorway of the past and into the futuristic media room where state of the art entertainment awaits you on a large screen HDTV, sound system, Blue-Ray DVD, high speed WiFi internet, home automation controls and a rack of popular DVDs to enjoy. Comfortable entertainment for a gathering of family and friends is all here.
A perfect home base for your St. Augustine vacation with a superb Walk Score of 79! While we understand the busy family schedules may keep some from booking a full week or more, you’ll get the best experience and best value if you don’t rush through your stay and settle in as residents for a while. Call or email us if you’re unsure about anything, we hope to see you soon.
**** Old City Bungalow Featured Highlights ****
----------------------- Inside -------------------------
* 3 Bedrooms / 2 Full Baths
* Fully equipped eat-in kitchen (seating for 4)
* Living Room
* Media Room with large screen HDTV
* Sun Room
* Full size washer & dryer
* Wi-Fi inside and out
* Much larger than a room in a hotel or B&B
* More quiet and private than a hotel or B&B
----------------------- Outside ------------------------
* Residential / non-tourist / low traffic neighborhood
* Large wrap-around covered porch
* Two outside deck areas
* BBQ available (electric)
* Off street parking up to 3 cars (inline)
---------------------- Easy Walk to --------------------
* Francis Field events - 2 min.
* The Village Inn restaurant - 2 min.
* Playground / park - 5 min.
* Red Train / Trolley stop which shuttles throughout the city - 5 min.
* Visitor Information Center - 5 min.
* Rental store for fun cars, scooters, bikes, strollers - 5 min.
* Nearest McDonald's restaurant - 5 min.
* Nearest coffee shop - 6 min.
* Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum - 6 min.
* Main hub of antique shops - 6 min.
* St. George St City Gates - 8 min.
* Mission of Nombre de Dios - 9 min.
* Castillo de San Marcos fort - 9 min.
* Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist historical churches - 12 min.
* Horse and Carriage rides - 14 min.
* Most shops, galleries, sights and restaurants in the city - less than 15 min.
* Most Bars and Pubs (walk don’t drive!) - less than 15 min.
* Compared with beach areas, much more access to night-life
--------------------------- Drive to -----------------------------
* Vilano Beach - 3 miles, St Aug Beach - 5 miles
* St Augustine Lighthouse - 2 miles
* Cobblestone Village Shopping - 3 miles
* Epic Movie Theater - 3 miles
* St Augustine Outlets Mall - 60 stores - 7 miles
* St Augustine Premium Outlet Mall, 85 stores - 8 miles
* World Golf Village / Imax Theater - 15 miles
* Marineland Dolphin Adventure - 19 miles
----------------------- Why visit St. Augustine? ----------
2013 Smithsonian Magazine ranked St. Augustine in top 3 of best small towns in America to visit.
2013 Fodor's ranked St. Augustine in the top 10 best small towns to in America. Cited for its numerous historical attractions, quality beaches and vast array of restaurant options.
2013 National Geographic Magazine - one of the 20 “must-see places” in the world.
2014 U. of Wisconsin study ranks St. Johns County centered by St. Augustine as #1 out of the 67 counties in Florida as the healthiest by health outcomes and health factors.
2008 Travel & Leisure Magazine Deputy Editor Laura Begley said on an ABC interview on summer getaways, saying you don’t need to leave the country to get that international feel... she says, “#1 on the list is St. Augustine, FL and this is like being in Spain...You really feel like you could be in a little village in Andalusia”
Rental Notes: The City of St. Augustine regulates residential rentals such as ours to weekly turnovers maximum. Therefore we won't allow check-in on Thursdays and check-out the following Tuesday for example. We rent in weekly rental blocks weekend to weekend and such are our cleaning cycles. Our normal check-out days are Sat. or Sun. if you rent weekly or less. The minimum is 3 nights unless otherwise specified.