HOME ON THE RIVER:
A view of Choptank River (read James Michener's 'Chesapeake') from all rooms in airy 2 bedroom apartment with full kitchen & bath. Separate entrance, patio, dock with canoe and kayak. Peaceful setting within 2 miles of town and relatively close to Washington D.C.Baltimore, Philadelphia PA & Annapolis, Maryland as well as Dover, Rehoboth Beach Delaware and Assateague Island National Seashore. Just 45 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean.
The apartment's private entrance faces the river and borders on a creek which is on the crest of a hill giving a panoramic view of the river from all the windows of which there are 17 with four picture windows. Our home is called a 'tree house on the river' because of its closeness to the water(20 feet from the dock) and mature trees surrounding the house. The house is situated on 18 acre mostly wooded property.
-Secure well lit private entrance close to parking area
- two bedrooms one with queen sized bed with down topper and comforter and the second with two twin beds one with foam topper and with with down topper and both bedrooms have convertible couches with foam and down toppers. All beds have fine sheets and pillows.
-well-equipped California kitchen (see features below)
- Full bathroom with tub
- Closets with hangers, iron and ironing board
- Central A/C and heating + ceiling fans in every room
- Recessed lighting + lamps
- high ceilings
-WHAT WE INCLUDE:
- Bathroom: a set of towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste, hairdryer
- Kitchen: Fridge stocked with water, eggs, butter, english muffins and milk.
- All cooking supplies incl. pots, pans, dishes, glasses, wine glasses, knives, silverware, bottle opener, and other cooking tools; appliances include toaster, coffeemaker, gas stove; snacks include coffee for Kruig coffee maker, cookies, tea, etc.
- Miscellaneous: All bed linens plus sofa bed and optional blow-up mattress with pillows and linens for extra guest or children, tourist info and maps of area, plenty of books, tissues, iPod dock and blue tooth speaker.
LOCATION & NEIGHBORHOOD
Having a private patio to use for meals with easy access to the dock where there is a canoe and three kayaks available for use. Additionally, there is a fire pit which overlooks the river. With a coffee maker (Cuisinart K style) and basic supplies guests can settle right in for a cozy stay.
Our area is rural but relatively close to large city centers such as Washington D.C. & Baltimore, MD and the historic towns of Annapolis, Easton, St. Michael's and Oxford MD. Just 2 miles from the Town of Denton and 45 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware as well as Dover, Delaware. There is a public landing and restaurants and an Irish pub in Denton along with a Super Walmart for your basic needs. Two large state parks within a few miles of our home and an Arboretum championing native plants of the coastal plain region along with a museum and shop.
Since we are located in the Eastern Shore of Maryland, a car is necessary.Bicycles are available to use at our home and there are many beautiful country roads to cycle.
RULES: This is a NON-SMOKING PROPERTY - you shall be asked to leave if you smoke on our property.
Check-in & Check-out: We are flexible about check-in time & check-out time if there is not other guest leaving or arriving the day of your arrival or departure.