About the property
- House2450 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 27 nights
Great Reviews! - Fantastic Location ! One Level w/ POOL | Savvy Comfy Decor
Welcome to happiness at The Pool Trust House
Stay in a perfect location just outside of downtown. Location !
Live the Lowcountry Waterfront lifestyle in this Historic neighborhood.
All One Level - stoop Steps to front door.
Dual Oversized Luxury King Master Suites + 3 Queen bedrooms
4 Bathrooms great for larger groups.
3 miles over bridge to Historic Charleston, just 6 direct miles to Beach!
- 2 King Master Suites
- 3 Queen Bedrooms
- 1 Sofa Sleeper
- 1 Futon Sleeper
- 1 Pull out bench cot
- 2 portable twin beds
- 4 Full Bathrooms
- One Level.
- Screened Porch.
- Outdoor Decks in front and back of house.
- Outdoor dining.
- Outdoor Weber Grill.
- Kayaking, Fishing, and Crabbing on our public Waterfront Docks.
- Boat launch in neighborhood.
- Mosquito Treatment Yard Service.
- Kitchen open concept to a large dining table for group meals.
- Hardwood cypress floors through most rooms.
- Family room with lots of seating and a large HDTV over the fireplace.
- Ceiling fans in all rooms.
- Working fireplace.
- Satellite HDTV flat screen in every room.
- Free WiFi
- Immaculately Clean!
- Fully equipped open style kitchen. Stainless appliances. Gas range.
- Granite countertops / Counter seating.
- Key location at bridge for easy access to Historic Downtown Charleston.
WHO WILL LOVE IT HERE :
- tourists and visitors to Charleston
- women's getaways
- family groups
- thoughtful and considerate adults
WE ACCEPT SOME DOGS. EXTRA FEE for each Dog!
Well-behaved non-shedding housebroken CRATE TRAINED dogs can join your group for a fee. Dog Must be crated if left alone in house. Yard is fenced.
"We are a neighbor friendly home rental"
WHO IS NOT SUITED TO THIS PROPERTY:
- NO Party-hardy groups.
- NO Stag Bro groups.
- NO Wild and Crazy Drunk Hens
- NO Child student groups.
- No Spring Break gangs.
ABOUT EVENTS -
NO EVENTS at this property! This house is for your group only. No Gatherings.
LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION.
Very close to the Arthur Ravenel Bridge to the Charleston Downtown Historic District, the Visitor Center, local beaches, and walking distance to famous planned I'on neighborhood.
The house is in Scanlonville / Remley's Point on a quiet dead end street. This is a very Historic neighborhood - demographically and ethnically diverse and deeply rooted in the Gullah-Geechie culture.... settled after the Civil War. Fifth Avenue was a prime stop on the famous Chitlin Circuit. Local homes can be shacks or Mega Million dollar mansions. We have it all !
This neighborhood is laced with marshes, tidal creeks, and deep water, plus sunset views of the Charleston Ravenel Bridge. There are 3 public waterfront docks close by.
Sit under the fans on the back screened porch. Have your pick of the Dual Master King Suites opening to the decks, and overlooking the yard and pool. There are sets of seating all around the porches, decks, and screened porch… chair groupings, rocking chairs, gliders, tables.
- - HOUSE CONFIGURATION --
* King Master Suite Bedroom #1- Master Suite with a King Bed. ( Plus a small Click-clack couch bed and 2 stored Twin Beds in closet). French Doors open to deck and pool. Australian Hardwood Floors. Attached private huge luxury bathroom. Ceiling fan and large HDTV.
* King Master Suite Bedroom #2 – Across the hall, is a second Master Suite with a King Bed. ( Plus a Queen Sofabed and SmallStorage Bench Cot). French Doors open to deck and pool. Australian Hardwood Floors. Attached private luxury bathroom. Ceiling fan and large HDTV.
* Queen Bedroom #3– Queen 4-post bed, and private attached tiled bathroom. Ceiling fan and HDTV.
* Queen Bedroom #4– Queen solid Wood Bed. This bedroom shares the 4th bathroom. Ceiling fan and HDTV.
* Queen Bedroom #5– Queen blonde Wood Bed. This bedroom shares the 4th bathroom. Ceiling fan and HDTV.
This is the ADDITIONAL BEDDING AVAILABLE:
* Two High Quality Twin Mattresses and Folding Metal Bed Support Frames - Stored in Master closet. Guest can set them up if needed and placed wherever you prefer them.
* Click Clack Small Futon Bed – Located in the sitting area of the 1st Master Suite.
* Pull Out Queen Sofa Bed – Located in the sitting area of the 2nd Master Suite.
* Pull out Small Storage Bench Cot – Located in the sitting area of the 2nd Master Suite.
* Master Private Bathroom #1 - Private and attached to the 1st Master King Suite. Glass and tile shower, separate deep tub, double vanity, and Water Closet with toilet.
* Master Private Bathroom # 2 Private and attached to the 2nd Master King Suite. Beautiful tiled walk-in shower with a bench and glass doors, a single vanity, and toilet.
* Private Bathroom #3 Private and attached to a Queen Bedroom. Vanity, combination tub/shower, and toilet.
* Bathroom #4 Shared by 2 Queen rooms. Vanity, combination tub/shower, and toilet.
* Family Room - Oversized HDTV, satellite, stereo, fireplace, chairs, 2 leather sofas, ceiling fan. Room is open to the dining area, and to the kitchen. Cypress Hardwood floors and area rugs.
* Kitchen - Fully equipped and updated. Granite Countertops. Gas range. Oven. Large stainless refrigerator. Dishwasher. Garbage disposal. Coffee pot, toaster oven, all appliances. Basic spices, pots and pans, cutlery. Nicely stocked. Open pass through to dining room and adjacent to family room. Counter stools for eating at the granite countertop.
* Dining Room - Large stunning zinc table. Seats 10 and can squeeze in 12. Open to the family room and to the kitchen.
* Screened Porch -Group gathering space with table and chairs. Ceiling Fan.
* Washer and Dryer Separate utility room off the hallway. Large quality machines.
***** We have a 2nd rental ...just 3.5 blocks away. The Big Chill on the Waterfront!
VRBO #922038ha or HomeAway #922038
******* No Parties - No Events ! This is a real live neighborhood. NO PARTY GROUPS! No pre-wedding Stag or Hen Groups or Parties, No kids groups. No Young Bachelorettes. MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED! ********
Laurie Bixler - George Bixler
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Laurie Bixler - George Bixler
Laurie is proud to be involved in local town politics and works to ensure the rental properties are Legal and approved by the town. Laurie sits on the Accommodations and Tax Committee for the Town of Mount Pleasant to dispense tax funds. She is also proud to have been chosen to be involved actively with HomeAway/ VRBO on the Owner's Advisory Council. In February of 2017, Laurie won a National Contest based upon Marketing the Rental by showcasing improvements in Rental Properties. Laurie is a part time travel specialist for international all inclusive resorts, and European River Cruises. Laurie brings professional hospitality flair into the rental properties. Laurie happily lives in a property in this neighborhood, just a few blocks away, with her husband, George. About George: After a high powered corporate career, and then owning a successful retail chain, George now is thrilled to welcome guests to our Charleston rentals. George ensures that your visit is comfortable and smooth. He oversees the maintenance and improvements of the houses, and keeps the grounds manicured. George takes pride in seeing that your rental meets, or exceeds, your expectations. You will find George out on his boat in the waterways of the neighborhood, or walking our Pomeranian dog, Gus. We love Charleston and have lived here nearly 25 years. As the town grew, we chose to be close to downtown, and settled in this unique and changing neighborhood of Remleys Point. We feel grateful to have more than one house to share for others who wish to visit the great LowCountry area, or are here with family or friends.
Laurie Bixler - George Bixler purchased this House in 2014
Why Laurie Bixler - George Bixler chose Scanlonville
We love this large one level house with lots of bathrooms and close to downtown and the beaches. We have lived in this neighborhood ourselves for 18 years! ...and when the opportunity came available to own a 2nd home also....we were thrilled. We have enjoyed improving the property, and decorating and landscaping it, and offering it now as a family style rental.
What makes this House unique
This eclectic and interesting neighborhood and its waterfront docks, plus the closeness to Historic downtown Charleston and the Beach, makes this a perfect base for visitors. For any groups in town for a wedding, or an event, or just a vacation .....this is a great spot. The in ground pool is a wonderful addition for visitors during warmer months.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
From the moment we opened the door it felt like home!
Eight high school friends celebrating our 75th birthday year together—it was the perfect spot. Everyone had private space and the living areas accommodated our whole group very nicely. Very clean and well appointed. We had almost instant attention from the owner when requested. Our only regret is that the weather kept us from enjoying the very inviting back porch and pool area. Thanks George and Laurie for providing a place for our memorable birthday celebration.
Better than expected. Lovely home!
It worked out perfectly for us. It had everything we could want.
Absolutely beautiful home. Very close to Charleston and convenient to many places. Thank you!
SPECTACULAR WEEKEND LODGING
What a wonderful reunion we had at this lovely home. Extremely comfortable, well equipped ,and completely immaculate. We relaxed on the lovely well furnished deck and at dark moved into the comfortable living area. Could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience.
Beautiful House! Wonderful vacation!
We rented this house for a week in October for a family wedding. This house could not have worked out better for us. We were 12 people, 3 families. There was enough room to be with each other but not on top of each other, which was nice. The house is beautiful, the pool was great, and the furnishings are high quality and incredibly comfortable.
The house is in a residential area but was an easy 3-15 minutes away from anything we needed. (beach, downtown, shopping, King St, grocery, etc)
Our hosts could not have been easier to work with. A perfect blend of organized and professional (clear expectations, easy payments, prompt deposit refund, etc) and personable and welcoming (flexible check-in days, easy & friendly check in, great local suggestions, quick responses to any questions or issues). Laurie and George are wonderful hosts and made the process and our stay incredibly easy and comfortable.
I like to use vacation rentals when I travel and have been to quite a few in the US and abroad and this is one of the best. The 5 star ratings are well deserved.
The house is beautiful and the owners are very friendly.
We had a wonderful time visiting Charleston and Mt.Pleasant. The pool house is beautiful and the pool and landscaping made us feel like we were on a tropical vacation. The house was immaculate and had everything we needed to feel at home. We would stay here again and we have recommended the home to friends and family. Tricia and Family, Virginia
The house is a hop from Historic Downtown Charleston, and near Sullivans Island Beach. Here is info about our historic neighborhood:
The Location is close to most wedding venues: I'on Creek Club, Lowndes Grove Plantation, Boone Hall Plantation, William Aiken House, Cottage on the Creek, and much more. Be near Patriots Point,and also Shem Creek. Be in the center of it all.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
A REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED, BUT NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTE. REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS PAID BY CHECK DIRECTLY TO OWNER 1) Pets are an extra fee. Must be crate trained and pre-approved. 2) No stag groups 3) This is not a "party house". 4) I would be please to set up a 3 payment plan. 5) Valid picture ID required with reservation.