|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Enjoy magnificent views at the top of this gated 5.5 acre secluded, private lake front estate property. The 1950's lake house, perched at the top of a rocky bluff, was designed with huge windows to take advantage of the stunning views of Lake Austin.
Access serene Lake Austin waterfront with private boat dock via steps leading from the vacation home above or via a separate driveway entrance.
A sparkling swimming pool with outdoor lounging and dining areas are also perfectly positioned to take in the view. The home retains its original charm (with three fireplaces and a hill country stone interior wall), and has been lovingly updated to include all the modern amenities needed for a fun-filled or peaceful getaway.
This 2500, sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath cottage sleeps 6 – 8 and is just 20 minutes from downtown Austin. The cottage is beautifully decorated and comes with wifi, large screen 47” flatscreen TV and laundry.
Boat Dock allows for easy water access and has stand-up paddle boards and tandem kayak for usage. Boats can be moored overnight close to shore.
This is a unique sanctuary on the shores of Lake Austin ideally suited for a private family getaway, yet so close to the excitement of downtown Austin and Lakeway.
Our property is not suitable for bachelor, bachelorette or other large party groups.
We are an Austin family with Anglo / Kentucky roots. Having travelled extensively and lived in multiple cities around the world, we recently decided to call Austin home. As a family of 4, we love enjoying everything that Austin has to offer. Our 2 daughters, 10 and 8, are enrolled in the excellent Eanes schools and enjoy soccer, horse riding and all water sports.
Peter Yates purchased this cottage in 2013
This is a unique waterfront property in Austin and on Lake Austin. It was owned for 30 years by Texas's own Percy V. Pennybacker (yes, the guy the bridge is named after!). This property allows you to enjoy the party down at the lake and then retreat up to the serenity at the top of the Bluff.
The Views and the water...how could you not fall in love with it. Whether it is the dawn when the birds are scouting breakfast over the lake, the sunsets that fall over the length of the lake or the evening where everyone's boat dock lights make the lake sparkle like an Italian harbor...every time of day is great.
If you are looking for a weekend escape from the hustle and bustle of life then this is your place. The view, along with the outdoor area, is just beautiful. The whole property is lovely and the owner was very accommodating to us. We had a lovely girls weekend celebrating a birthday and it could not have gone better. Close to nice restaurants and shopping but secluded enough for lots of privacy. We will be back!!
My family's stay at "serene waterfront cottage" was OK, but not as expected. We were looking for a lakeside house, primarily for a jumping off point for lake access. Difficulty accessing the lake makes this house suboptimal for that.
1) The view from the porch, over the pool, and looking down the lake, is amazing.
2) The owner was responsive to questions.
3) The house is on a very private lot. We didn't see any neighbors and it was peaceful. We saw deer in the yard each day.
1) The owner didn't disclose that there was construction on the property and by the lake. This left a muddy road (heavy equipment had torn up the dirt road) between the stairs and the boat house. Besides the inconvenience, failure to either schedule this when the house wasn't booked, or notify us in advance, struck me as inappropriate.
2) The lake isn't easily accessed. The stairs are extremely steep, with loose and missing rock steps. As mentioned above, the driveway to the boathouse was muddy, and includes a section with a 14 degree grade and narrow turn. I made the trip in a 4x4 pickup, and wouldn't try it in a car. A trip via the stairs included a 30 foot walk across mud to the boat house, so each time we'd come or go, we'd have to wash our shoes. There aren't steps from the muddy driveway down 8 feet to the boathouse, leaving us slipping down a dirt slope to the boathouse. If you intend to use the boathouse, have the owner send you pics of this area before booking.
3) When we arrived, the dishes in the dishwasher were dirty. It hadn't been run. One in three dishes taken from the cabinets to use were dirty. I don't mean a few water spots. I mean needed washing before we used them.
4) The house uses well water. The owner notified us of this before we came, and provided bottled water. The high mineral content in the tap water leaves hair rough after washing. It was an inconvenience.
For a lakefront house, I wouldn't stay here again.
Wonderful house and a perfect location. This was exactly what I was hoping for when I booked the house for a weekend with some family who were visiting from the UK.
Quiet and peaceful but close enough to the city for evenings and sightseeing.
Fantastic pool and dock and we loved the paddle boards and kayaks. The house was beautifully cleans and stocked with everything we needed. We will be back.
Very beautiful property with tons of wildlife to be seen; deer, fox, squirrels, lizards, hawks, vultures, etc...those are just a few of the animals that come right up to the property as a part of their natural habitat. Very beautiful. Owners are excellent at communicating and couldn't be better hosts. Thank you!
AWESOME! Beautiful view, beautiful house. Enjoyed the paddleboards and kayak. Loved the pool. Had deer in the front yard, a fox walk by the pool early in the morning and even a roadrunner go across the driveway.Steps were very steep, but it was our daily work out. We drove down to the lake a few times, as it was to steep for my grandsons.Beds were very comfortable! Well stocked kitchen. If we ever do a family vacation in Austin again, I would definately stay here again.
We had a wonderful time. The owners were so accommodating and we, along with our family, enjoyed every bit of our experience inside and out. The pool was such an asset to our stay and we will all carry many happy memories home with us. We hope to come back some day! Beau and Laura P.
Enjoy everything that Central Texas has to offer. Take advantage of Lake Austin, downtown Austin, Texas Hill Country, the Highland lakes and San Antonio. This is a great base for the major Austin events such as South by Southwest (SXSW), Formula 1, X-Games, Austin City Limits (ACL), and Moto GP.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 16 2016 - Dec 1 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Cleaning||$150 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
CHECK-IN: 3:00PM Central; CHECK-OUT: 11AM Central. Check out time is firm. Cleaning fee of $125 per stay. Extra cleaning fees may be charged at owner's discretion. A check out list will be provided for renters to follow to avoid extra cleaning fees. Absolutely NO large parties - defined as more than 16 people at any one time. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.