|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
Perfectly situated in the center of this small quant island, our 2000 sq. ft. 3 bedroom home is located along a dirt road on a large corner lot surrounded by lovely landscaping. Just a mere 1 mile from the most beautiful and untouched beaches the island has to offer (East Beach and Wasque) and only 2 miles from the Chappy Ferry and historical downtown Edgartown. The Chappy Delight is the perfect blended vacation for those who desire the seclusion and beauty of the woods and beach along with the excitement and amenities of Edgartown and the rest of Martha’s Vineyard.
• Impeccable, sun-filled get-away that comfortably sleeps 6 in a 3 bedroom 2 ½ bathroom home.
• Spacious kitchen with all the amenities and a continuous large dining room.
• Warm and sunny breakfast room to enjoy your morning cup of coffee or tea.
• Both dining room and breakfast nook open up to a large walk-out deck with gas grill and patio furniture ideal for lunch and cocktails.
• Large living room features cathedral ceiling design with skylights and ample seating for maximum comfort.
• Living room opens up to large nautical inspired 3-season mahogany porch filled with windows and featuring comfortable lounging furniture perfect for a late afternoon nap or to curl up with your favorite book.
• Master bedroom located on the first floor offers a king-sized bed, full bathroom, flat-screen tv and cable.
• Half bath located off of kitchen.
• The second floor provides a full bath along with 2 large bedrooms.
o One bedroom features 1 queen and 1 full size bed
o Second bedroom features 1 full and 1 single bed
• Large hot/cold outdoor shower perfect for washing up after a long day at the beach.
• Satellite TV with DVD and access to music
• Unlimited Wi-Fi
• Land line cordless telephone (due to the seclusion of Chappy cellular reception is very poor)
• Microwave, Dishwasher, Stove/Oven, Washer/Dryer, Central Vac
• Central A/C. All bedrooms, living rooms and 3-season porch feature ceiling fans
• Please NO PETS, NO SMOKING
• Detached garage and loft is locked and not accessible by renters. Owners retain the right to access and stay in loft at any point to deal with property maintenance.
• We are located in a quiet residential neighborhood surrounded by family members and friends. We want to you to enjoy our little slice of paradise, however, respect for our neighbors is a top priority. Loud and obnoxious partying will NOT be tolerated. If we are notified of disturbances of any sort, it is considered a violation of your lease and is grounds for immediate eviction with NO refund of payments or security deposit.
• Check-in time is 4pm. Check-out is 11am.
• $1000 per week security deposit required.
• 50% of total rent due upon lease signing to secure reservation. Balance of rent including total security deposit due NO LATER than 30 days prior to check-in date.
• Cleaning fee included. We rent our home to only a handful of renters per season. This strategy helps us maintain good condition of our home. We often arrive between renters with our own family to enjoy summertime on Chappy. Cleaning is primarily handled by us directly. At the end of your stay, it is expected that our home will be left in the same condition it was presented to you upon arrival. We appreciate your cooperation in treating our home as if it was your own.
Our family currently resides in south eastern Massachusetts. We are honest, good-natured people and our young family keeps us very busy. The island is easily accessible for us and we like to take a hands on approach to providing our visitors with a delightful stay.
As I child I grew up visiting Chappy with my family. In the '80's my father built our home, the Chappy Delight. I always enjoyed the uniqueness of the island and now our three young children can experience those same joys. Our home is where our heart is and we would like to share it with you to create a one of a kind vacation.
There's so much to love about our home. My favorites would have to be the deck and 3 season porch. The deck offers a beautiful view of the yard and an opportunity to listen to the summer sounds. The 3 season porch is my favorite place to nap and read a book. In the evening, we like to look at the stars and listen to the crickets. Gazing up at the beautiful sky while washing up in the outdoor shower is pretty awesome as well!
Just wanted to send along a quick thank you for sharing your lovely home with our family. We found the house clean and comfortable with all the amenities we could ever need. Thank you so much for the lovely gift basket in the refrigerator. We have spent many vacations on Chappy, but this one was special in a big way because of your beautiful home. Thanks again. Hope to rent from you again in the future.
We stayed here for two weeks this Fall and loved it! The home was well furnished and very well maintained. The living areas were spacious and comfotable and the kitchen easy to utilize. One feature that we didn't expect to have to utilize was the whole house generator. But when the power went out during a Nor'easter , we barely noticed the pause for the generator to kick in. While Chappy may not be for everyone, it was perfect for us! Thanks for making this very nice house available!
Awesome house! All the amenities and very comfortable! We loved staying on Chappy, very quiet but so convenient to the Ferry and Edgartown. We would definitely stay again!
Great location, well maintained clean home, yard for the kids to play. Had a great vacation.
Chappy Delight has everything you need to enjoy a vacation. 2 of the 3 bedrooms are really large with ample closet space and storage space for your belongings. The master is smallish but quite comfortable with a great king size bed, lots more storage + ensuite bathroom. Fabulous outdoor shower; open living area, immaculately clean, kind owners. We stayed with our daughter + another couple with 2 kids - plenty of room to be together or apart! Lovely yard and well-equipped kitchen. There was even a welcome basket for us when we arrived. 10-15 minutes by bike to ferry; 3 minutes by car to ferry. LOVED the AC; it was hot + muggy but we were very comfortable. Would not have slept nearly as well without it. Would stay again in a heart-beat.
• Chappy is a quant quiet island with no form of industry and commercialism. Enjoy the beaches for sun bathing, swimming and fishing. Kayaking and canoeing along with many other nature tours are offered to keep you busy. Explore the many walking and hiking trails or play a set of tennis at the community center. You may park and walk on to East Beach which is located just over the infamous Dyke Bridge or you may purchase an OSV (over-sand vehicle permit) from The Trustees of Reservations. Or, head down the Chappy Point for a quick dip or to sunbathe as you watch all the boat action in one of the busiest and most beautiful harbors in our area.
• Chappy Ferry is located about 2 miles from the Chappy Delight, walk, run, bike or drive to the ferry (3 minutes dock to dock) and head over to historical Edgartown for shopping, museum tours, lighthouse tour and many top-rated restaurants and bars.
• From here you can make your way up-island to many other wonderful towns in Martha’s Vineyard, Oaks Bluffs features a bustling night life, the oldest flying carousel in the country and shopping. From there move on to Vineyard Haven for more exploring. Going even further you can explore the renowned red-clay cliffs in Aquinnah at Gay Head Cliffs and beach. Enjoy reveling in the most-desired location on the island to watch the sun setting, Menemsha. Bring a bottle of wine and some fried clams a beach towel and your camera and be prepared to be amazed!
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
50% due upon lease signing. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival, including security deposit. Payment via personal check only.