|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
The Cabin at Fox Creek is the perfect getaway for anyone! Nestled in the quiet countryside of Canton, TX, this rustic 1 bedroom/1 bathroom cabin will provide you with the R&R you simply can't get in the city. Fully furnished with linens, towels, and cookware, The Cabin takes the hassle out of setting up camp. We provide you the comforts of home while also connecting you with nature. This cabin has a stove, microwave, and small fridge for all of your cooking needs. One bedroom, couch, full size air mattress and couch are available for sleeping arrangements. Enclosed patio, upstairs balcony, and front porch. Equipped with a window air conditioning units and a gas fireplace. Enjoy being outside with our fire pit, hammock or sitting areas in backyard. The TV in the living room has a DVD player and local channels as well.
The cottage in the woods provided for a peaceful retreat from a busy schedule. I enjoyed sitting by the fire outside, grilling, reading on the deck. Great spot, secluded, all the amenities needed.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay in Canton in this sweet and secluded cabin! Definitely away from the hustle and bustle of the city, it's so quiet out there! Very peaceful and cozy. We can't wait to go back again one day!
We thoroughly enjoyed our return visit to this little cabin. We made a quick stop to the grocery the first evening and cooked ourselves dinner. Everything we needed was stocked in the kitchen. The next day, we had a nice walk through the woods and did a little shopping in town before having a delicious Italian dinner.
This was just what we wanted-a cabin in the woods with a porch, gas fireplace, comfortable bed with nice towels and sheets. We would have enjoyed the balcony and the outdoors more if it had not been so cold during our stay. Great spot for 2 people or a couple w 2 children.
Cabin met expectations for the most part. The cabin is tucked back from the road so it feels very secluded and surrounded by trees. The 8 acres it is on is rather narrow, so you quickly reach the fences on either side with very little walking, so it wasn't as great for my kids to explore as I was hoping, but still nice scenery.
- Plenty of towels and blankets provided. And towels were nice :)
- While there's no central heating, space heaters provided did the job just fine.
- The 2-chair swing outside was awesome! Very relaxing for adults, and our kids had a blast on it as well!
- No bugs in the house! even though the woods had plenty of them as you'd expect, especially little spiders.
- There are lots of fun board games provided at the cabin.
- Cabin is just 2min away from "Yesterland," a fun little amusement park we happened to discover in passing. We decided to spend half a day there and the kids loved it!
- The bathroom was recently remodeled and looks nice.
- Cabin was very clean on arrival.
- Owner says that firewood is provided for the fire ring out back, which we were excited to use, but all that was there was a long row of wet and extremely soft and rotten wood, which had obviously been the bottom of the pile for several years. None of it was usable at all, so we had to make a trip into town and drive to a couple different stores to find firewood.
- There are some very large wasps that make their home on the outside of the cabin, but they only came out for the warmest part of the afternoon, so they didn't bother us too much.
- There were some DIY problems the bathroom remodel. Shower door hangs crooked so doesn't close all the way, but that's ok. The bigger problem is that faucet handle that controls the shower isn't attached. It fell off as soon as I barely tried to turn it. So then I had to struggle for awhile trying to jam the thing back on and get it to actually turn and control temperature which was tricky.
- Remote for the Bluray player downstairs doesn't work. Opened it and saw the batteries were corroded so I put some of our own working batteries in from our flashlight and it still didn't work.
- Kitchen appliances smaller than expected--fridge was a mini fridge, oven was mini, microwave tiny.
- No dining table.
- Guard rails on stairs and overlooking the kitchen from upstairs are not at all up to spec. An adult could easily squeeze between the bars, making it super hazardous for our toddler.
- Poor cell reception.
We wanted a chance for retreat and my wife wanted East Texas trees, solitude, and a cozy cabin. This was exactly that. Secluded behind a winding lane in the hardwoods, this place really was accurate to the description, had all the basic amenities, was clean and well maintained. The window unit air conditioning was a little pressed on the very hot afternoon, but everything else was precisely what we needed. The firepit out back made for a great evening under the stars and the "Sunset Swing" was an unexpected paradise. We visited "Buttermilk's" cafe on the Canton square and discovered Pecan Cobbler! For anyone wanted to get away from it all, this is the place!
Four Winds Steak House: Inside this rustic but modern ranch house, former Del Frisco's chef Frank Rumoré, with 30 years experience, and his team cook the finest steak and seafood for groups of all sizes as they have for five years. Reservations are recommended. Don't miss out on this fabulous restaurant!
THINGS TO DO/PLACES TO GO:
First Monday Trade Days: Canton's biggest attraction! First Monday attracts visitors from all over the Metroplex and East Texas to come and shop from a variety of vendors. Open the weekend of the first Monday of each month, Thursday-Sunday. Visit their website for more info!
Splash Kingdom Water Park: A Christian, family-friendly waterpark, Splash Kingdom offers several water slides, a lazy river, Kid's Kingdom, wave pool, and mini golf. Open from Memorial Day-Labor Day.
Twin Lakes Golf Course: Ranked as one of the Top 10 Golfing Facilities in Texas, this golf course will challenge even the most skilled golfers.
East Texas Gators & Wildlife Park: This alligator farm is the perfect for families with children of all ages. They have an assortment of animals, including alligators, crocodiles, racoons, and possums.
WIRED Zipline and Ropes Courses: Great for those who are adrenaline junkies. Home of the longest and tallest zip line courses in Texas!
Yesterland Farm: People come from all over to experience the nostalgic fun that this pumpkin patch/Christmas tree farm has to offer. Open September-December.
Blueberry Hill Farms (Edom - 20 miles): Named the Best Annual Event of 2013 in East Texas, this blueberry farm allows your family to go out and pick as many blueberries as you'd like.
Fishing at Lake Fork: Check their website to get an update on the latest fishing conditions.
Texas Roads Winery: Live music and great food makes for an exciting night out at Texas Roads Winery.
Savannah Winery and Bistro: A local favorite, Savannah Winery and Bistro offers a great selection of locally made wines.
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
•Rates are for each night for up to 2 people, and there is a 2 night minimum. Each additional person is $15 with a maximum of 5.
1/2 Price on 3rd night, except on weekends when 3 nights are required.