|Minimum Stay||2 - 10 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Enjoy life in the heart of Austin's Travis Heights/South Congress area.
If you want to get to know the best of Austin - it's hard to beat this location!! Only 2 short blocks to all the eclectic shops, fine restaurants and nightlife found on Austin's famed South Congress avenue.
During the day, you can take advantage of Stacy Park with its spring-fed pool, tennis courts, and other amenities, also only 3 short blocks away.
Our cozy bungalow easily sleeps 6 with room for 2 more if needed (futon in living sleeps 2).
You'll find peace and tranquility in the bamboo and oak tree enclosed oasis. The big back yard awaits friendly pets.
The house includes a full washer/dryer, dishwasher, and central a/c and heat. Also two full size bathrooms, shower/bath.
You have your own private drive which will accommodate 3 cars, no need to park on the street!
Home is on a very quiet street where you can relax and enjoy Austin, all while enjoying the activities only 5 minutes away
Also enjoy the beautiful backyard with its stone patio, chiminea, and water fountain.
Area offerings: Texas hill country, lakes, rivers, music, festivals, wineries, capitol tours, museums, University of Texas Austin campus, hiking, cycling, 1 hour to Sea World and Schlitterbaun water park. 45 minutes to San Marcos for Guadalupe river tubing and water sports. Greune Hall music venue 45 minutes away. Numerous music venues within walking distance, South Congress shopping, clubs and fine restaurants. Easy drive to San Antonio.
I was born and raised in Austin and could not find a better place to live. Laura (my wife) is from Chiapas Mexico and is the one I give credit to giving the house all its unique colorful character and rustic feel. We live very close to the property and are always available to make you feel at home 100% of the time.
Tommy purchased this cottage in 1955
I have been to many places and even have lived a few years abroad. But I always come back to Austin and have yet to find anywhere else I would rather be. Austin is very unique in all that it has to offer - great universities, world class eclectic restaurants, and some of the top musicians in the world. I could not think of a better place to live and stay.
Our house has been in the same family since 1955. We recently did a full remodel and have kept the feel of a cozy charming cottage while opening up the kitchen and living room including a vaulted ceiling with skylights which lets all the natural light in. We also have a private driveway which keeps you from parking on the street.
Casita Lunita cannot be in a better location, only 2 blks from South Congress Ave. and 3 blocks from Stacey park which includes a jogging trail, swimming pool, and tennis courts.
The pics do not do this place justice! We absolutely loved this house. The owners met us at the home to walk us through the property and were welcoming and kind. The house is larger than I expected and is decorated awesome with lots of charm and character rather than other properties that were purchased just to rent out. I cannot wait to come back to Austin and will definitely be booking at Casita Lunita every time!
First time staying in this very lovely house. Having lived in Austin for almost 15 years I knew the neighborhood I wanted to be in. The house is colorfully decorated with very comfortable furnishings. The kitchen was well equipped. The owner, Tommy, greeted me at the house upon arrival and could not have been more helpful and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again unless all these glowing reviews make it tough to find availability.
Had an amazing stay at Tommy and Laura's house. Tommy greeted late Friday night with cupcakes and walked us through the house. Also he gave us some suggestions and places to try and austin. He also accommodated a late check out.
The Tops! We’ve been planning a girl’s weekend for some time, and while researching I stumbled upon this house. It was perfectly located in the SoCo area which was a priority for us because we didn’t want to mess with driving everywhere - the house was minutes away from Perlas, the Continental Bar, coffee shops, shopping, anything and everything in between. What really made this house special was the owner and history of the home as it was a house that has been in the family for many generations. The owner takes priceless care of it, as it was thoroughly clean, beautifully decorated with a New Mexico/Bohemian-esque theme, and just perfect for 6 ladies. Weeks leading up to our weekend, he set up the billing so that we can all individually pay, and made sure we had our bearings before we arrived. He met us with a warm welcome to show us the house, cupcakes greeted us on the dining table, and at the end we didn’t feel like strangers but comfortable and at home. Highly recommend this rental, and we will definitely be back for our annual girl’s weekend in A-town!
This is probably one of my favorite places that I've ever stayed through VRBO (or HomeAway or AirBnB). Although the pictures and description already make this house look terrific, they don't even begin to do justice to just how cool this place is. Rather than just unsupported raving, though, I'll detail a few of the things that are really special.
1) The decor. If you value sparse, bare design, this might not be the place for you, but for everyone else, this house is *beautiful*. It obviously has been a labor of love for the owners to collect all of the furniture and wall decorations, and to harmonize them with the paint colors and layout of the house. The wall colors are *bright*, but they never feel garish - instead, the house just projects cheerfulness and comfort. It feels like coming to stay at your grandmother's house; that is, if your grandma lives in a border state and has a fine eye for color and style! This place exemplifies Austin to a 'T.'
2) Comfort and amenities. One way this is *not* like your grandma's house is the comfort of the furniture and the amenities. You might be sleeping on an antique bed frame, but the mattress is pure state-of-art. Oh, and that gorgeous carved, wooden armoire over there? It hides a very nice TV with a big selection of channels. The kitchen is extensively kitted out, with nice appliances, and the wifi connection is fast and easy. My favorite place was the shady and well-furnished front porch - even in the heat of an Austin summer (we were there in July), it was an oasis.
3) Location. A simple map search will show you that this place is within easy walking distance of dozens of restaurants and similar venues. We walked to dinner almost every night we were there, and had so many highly-ranked places still to go (next time!). There's also a CVS and HEB quite close by (maybe 3 minutes drive?).
4) The owners. These folks were amazingly kind and helpful. They greeted us at the house when we arrived, and walked us through all of the details. Communication with them was also great, both before and during our stay. I guess it isn't entirely a surprise that such a nice, cool house would be owned by such a nice, cool family.
Next time we come to Austin, *this* is the place I want to stay. I know that I'm sort of shooting myself in the foot here, by telling all of you about it, but I'm not even praising it half as much as it deserves. If Casita Lunita is available for your dates, book it right now!
This is our third time staying here and there is a reason we keep coming back-- it is wonderful place to stay and a perfect SOCO Austin location.
The friends who came with us said how cozy and comfy it was and they kept complimenting the unique and eclectic look.
This house is perfect for a group of friends or family and there is room for all without ever feeling cramped. We used the grill and patio out back and had some great conversations on the front porch one evening.
Every time I go they have done some updating and improvements while keeping the look and the charm of the house. This time is seemed like new beds/ mattresses and a new Washer and Dryer. (Which came in handy after a day of floating the river.)
Overall you can not go wrong with this house! Bonus? You can easily walk to all the great places to shop and eat off of Congress Ave.
Give it a shot- I am sure you will become a return visitor like most of us do.
South Congress SoCo Travis Heights Central Austin South by Southwest ACL Austin City Limits Continental Club Town Lake Ladybird Lake Zilker Park Stacy Park and Wading Pool Capital of Texas
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 10 2017 - Mar 19 2017
10 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Pet Fee||$95 + Tax|
|house cleaning||$150 + Tax|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.