Beautiful two bedroom Ocean front villa 1, large patio set in a tropical garden; the front lawn was used in the filming of the 2016 Season 20 finale of the Bachelor with Ben Higgins while staying at Brown Shuggah, Chukka Cove!
Conveniently located between the resort towns of Ocho Rios and Runaway Bay on Jamaica's North Coast, and tucked away at Chukka Cove Farm, Villa 1 provides unique access to a truly Jamaican experience.
Villa 1 is far from pretentious and it's staff, more so. It is a warm and inviting 'real' home set on a farm and hidden amidst pastures and lush foliage on the edge of dramatic ocean front cliffs in a rural setting. With recently upgraded furniture, newly renovated modern kitchen and second bedroom bathroom it's nothing like the mega all inclusives, sitting in a lovely groomed area shared with only five other villas. Here in the country, you may wake up to the sound of roosters, sometimes hear the neighboring dogs barking, can listen to the crickets and frogs songs at night. Of course, like all farms, the villa has its own resident cat fondly called 'Puss or Reds"' and the friendly neighbour dogs occasionally come for a visit and you can also see the horses grazing in the morning.
Come immerse yourself in the real Jamaica and soak your cares away in the turquoise waters of the cove or in the private pool used only by Chukka Cove villa residents. A safe place with security on grounds to vacation without being locked in a compound!
Your private paradise has a master and second bedroom both with full ensuite bathrooms on the upper level. The master suite includes a seperate living area with a futon, desk and sliding doors out to a small covered balcony with an incredible ocean view, the perfect place for your morning coffee. We recommend 4 adults and 1 child max. No smoking inside please..
Downstairs, the dining room boasts large folding doors that open onto an expansive furnished newly renovated patio. A powder room, modern kitchen and laundry room complete the lower level.
The cliffs at Chukka Cove are dramatic and extensive, great for exploring or simply listening to the sound of the waves crashing ashore. On calm days, a ladder takes you into the cool clear waters.
On property is a small sandy cove, safe and perfect for young children to swim and play. We suggest wearing water shoes. On days when the sea swells are up and you seek calmer waters, a two minute walk east along the edge of the polo field takes you to the spectacular Chukka Cove, a sheltered bay where the waters are always calm and cliff jumping, swimming and snorkeling are the order of the day.
* Check in (local time) at/after 3pm. Check out at 12pm.
* Payment is as follows: Once you request to book; the website will only charge your credit card their booking/service fee. Afterwards, a PayPal invoice will be sent to the personal email you provided for the first 25% deposit payment in order to confirm reservation. The balance is due via PayPal 30 days prior to your arrival.
• Friendly and attentive staff, led by Carleen, keep the villa spotless and prepare authentic Jamaican dishes. She can either accompany you to the grocery, selecting the best items at local markets or prepare the food you purchase.
* VIP arrangements for groceries with complimentary delivery services for pre-stocked items US$50/over from LFA Country Store, supermarket, deli, pharmacy & liquor. A credit account will be created for you to make payment the next day. All major credit cards accepted.
• Wifi & Netflix included and a variety of books if you are avid readers- there is no cable TV.
• Privately arranged, professional, friendly and experienced licenced driver/chauffeur for all your transportation needs from airport transfers to trips off property (pre-arranged rates).
• VIP 25% discounted rates for all Chukka Tours. The largest tour operator in Jamaica, award winning Chukka offers multiple locations and tours for your enjoyment. Villa 1 is located adjacent the original tour location Chukka Polo farm you will see over 100 horses head to the stables each morning for the famous horseback ride n swim tour or racing along the pathway pass the villas. Tours depart just a short walk from the Villa.
*Special arrangements for guests with large families of 8-10, looking for 4 bedroom accommodations, we have both Villas 1 and Villa 2 available. We will book and block your requested dates for both. It's that simple :)!
Trish is our reservation's manager (Villa 1 and 2) while Janet is our onsite Villa property manager. Contact us via Chukka site as well.