Cabin is right on the Ohio River and is great for boaters and nature lovers!
About Missi Bush-Sawtelle
I am a lifelong resident of the area and I like to help people experience this special area. We are located about 1 mile downstream of where the Blue River empties into the Ohio River. The area is teaming with wildlife.
Missi Bush-Sawtelle purchased this House in 2010
Why Missi Bush-Sawtelle chose Leavenworth
This property lies at river level below the Overlook Restaurant. The area is teaming with wildlife and provides the perfect place to relax and watch the barges go by on the Ohio River.
What makes this House unique
We offer a boat ramp right on site. The area offers great scenic drives, hikes, wineries, and more.
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
A frustrating experience and not worth the daily rate...
I would NOT recommend this listing. I paid quite a bit to stay here for 4 nights and ended up losing 3 days in pay, as I was not able to get online and work as planned. At that high of a nightly rate, I expected a number of conveniences this listing simply did not offer.
The interior of the unit was clean and spacious, and general area was serene and pleasant. The park manager and his wife, who helped me a few times during my stay, were beyond gracious and warm people. The owner was also kind and friendly.
Before I rented the unit VRBO recommended I send an email explaining the purpose of my stay. I very clearly said I would be in town for business, but would have an elderly cancer patient and 4 year along with me.
1. The moment you enter the park you lose cell service. I spoke with a handful of other people in the area who had the same issue. Before you rent, I would recommend you contact your carrier to check coverage.
2. The listing noted Wifi was available...it was not at all suitable. I was able to send text-only texts, but could not perform a google search or scroll through a FB feed. I was unable to make phone calls or send/check email. That level of non-connectivity should have been stated up front, as I had clearly let them know I would be there for work.
3. There is absolutely no where in the unit to hang your clothes. There is not a single closet or wardrobe to hang anything.
4. The stairs are unsafe. They are steep with very narrow steps. I should have been told the second bedroom was virtually unusable by 2/3 of my party.
5. The patio/deck area was filthy. The table had not been cleaned and there were no cleaning supplies to be found in the unit. We had to shop for cleaning supplies so we could use the outdoor space. The listing features a "wrap-around deck", but doesn't mention you have to clean it yourself before using it.
6. The upstairs bathroom toilet ran constantly. And the shower is very small. I am 5'6 and a size 2 and I had trouble getting my hair wet and turning around without banging my elbows and knees.
7. I emailed just after booking to inquire about laundry and was assured there is a place in the park to wash your clothes. There wasn't. We had to find a laundromat.
8. The vertical blinds on the first floor were beyond repair and ridiculously difficult to open and close.
8. The property mgr was virtually non-responsive. I had to contact the owner directly.
Very sweet! Comfy. Clean. Beautiful view. Disappointed with fire pit option. Other than that, great!
Quaint and clean
Nice little house as described, updated yet with old house charm. Off the beaten path located near a campground. Access to Ohio River. Would be great for a family or individuals wanting to relax.
Try the Overlook Restaurant for some good food
We are very near several parks. Within 40 miles you have Holiday World, Louisville, French Lick, 2 casinos and lots of golfing. The cabin is perfect for boaters and has access to a nice ramp on the Ohio River.