About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Lg Room, Private Bath, Lg Lounge, Yard, Gazebo, Hammocks, the Sea at your feet!
(cliquez 'more details' pour la description française)
* 'We were all wishing that we could have extended our stay'
* 'We ate most of our meals there and were stuffed with delicious, freshly prepared food'
* 'Peaceful Abode!'
Enjoy total relaxation in this OCEANFRONT Cottage, the natural rustic beauty, the fresh ocean air, and the tranquility.
** Private Garden Cottage with Thatched Roof
• 1 Large bedroom, 1 Private bath
• 2 Qn beds
• 1 Chaise lounge sofa
• FREE Wi-Fi
• * OPTIONAL: Breakfast & other meals available at reasonable prices
** Relaxing Seaside Court
• Spectacular view & access to the Ocean. Enjoy Cool Breezes & Beautiful Sunsets
• Hammocks in Spacious & Peaceful court for your relaxation
• Large Gazebo by the Ocean; great for get-togethers or enjoying our delicious meals
• Elevated Lounge area facing the Ocean
• Green Garden & off-street parking
• Nature lovers can safely SLEEP OUTDOORS, and be rocked to sleep by the waves
** Quiet & Friendly Neighborhood
• Snorkeling in the reef at Coterelle Breeze (limited equipment available)
• BEACHES: Kabic, Ti Mouillage (5 mins); Raymond les Bains (15 mins)
• BASSIN BLEU: renowned and a must do trip!
• PARC NATIONALE LA VISIT: great for hikers, naturalists, and adventurers
• ARTS & CRAFTS STORES: many stores in Jacmel to pick-up the perfect gifts
• Restaurants: several on road bet. Jacmel & Coterelle Breeze
• Boulevard Pétion-Bolivar: new colorful promenade along Jacmel’s seafront; great for strolls & hanging out
• We arrange for your local excursions
• We arrange boat excursions to explore the nearby coastline (limited floating vests available)
• Our Guidebook with more activities is available on demand & in guest rooms
** Easy Transportation
• Easily get to YOUR vacation hideaway by car or bus
• Inexpensive Taptaps (small vans) run regularly between Jacmel & Coterelle
• Moto taxis are always available for door-to-door service
• We arrange for Reliable Transportation for your trips
** Other Goodies –
• Frantz, your host and coordinator, speaks fluent English, French and Creole
• Frantz and his staff will provide you with Professional & Friendly service
• Snorkeling equipment available
• First Aid Kits available
• Guidebooks for the area available on demand & in guest rooms
*** FRANÇAIS ***
** Magnifique Cottage Privé Bord de Mer **
Un petit coin privé et paradisiaque au bord de la mer, avec un cadre somptueux et une vue captivante de la mer.
** Cottage Privé, Couchage pour 4-5
• 1 Grande chambre, 1 salle de bain Privée
• 2 Lits doubles
• 1 Chaise longue (offre couchage pour 5e personne pour courts séjours)
• Wi-Fi Gratuit
• (Option) Possibilité service petit déjeuner et autres repas. Repas sur commande et prix raisonnable
** La Cour **
• Vue pittoresque de la mer, accès direct, et le son des vagues pour vous bercer
• Cour Spacieuse et Paisible, équipé de plusieurs hamacs au bord de la mer
• Grand Gazébo face à la mer, idéal pour prendre les repas, une détente, ou un jeu
• Espace de détente face à la mer, jardin, et parking privé
• Les amoureux de la nature peuvent dormir en plein air et être bercer par le son des vagues
** Quartier Calme **
• La population locale est amicale et respectueuse
• Plusieurs restaurants à proximité
• LES PLAGES: Kabic, Ti Mouillage (5 mins en voiture), et Raymond les Bains (15 mins en voiture)
• Une visite à BASSIN BLEU est à ne pas manquer!
• À Jacmel, visiter les nombreux magasins d’art et d’artisanat pour ramasser des cadeaux uniques
• Profitez de la promenade sur la plage de Jacmel pour une belle balade ou faire du jogging
• Pour les randonneurs, les naturalistes et les aventuriers, un voyage au Parc Nationale La visite est à ne pas rater
• Nous pouvons organiser le Transport et des Guides pour vos randonnées
• Nous pouvons organiser vos excursions en bateau pour explorer la côte à proximité (gilets flottants disponibles en quantité limitée)
• Pour plus d'activités un guide touristique est disponible sur demande et dans les chambres
** Transport Facile **
• Se rendre à Coterelle Breeze est facile en voiture ou en transports en commun
• Avec des bonnes routes dans la région, il est facile de se déplacer en voiture
• Des tap-taps font la route entre Jacmel et Coterelle régulièrement et sont à très bon marché
• Des taxis moto toujours disponibles pour vos services porte-à-porte
• Nous pouvons mètre des taxis à votre disposition pour faciliter vos mouvements dans la zone
** Autres Choses à Savoir –
• Frantz, votre hôte et coordinateur, parle couramment l'anglais, le français et le créole
• Frantz et le personnel vous fournira des services avec professionnalisme et gentillesse
• Trousse de Premiers Soins disponible
• Guides touristiques disponibles sur demande et dans les chambres
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- English, French, Haitian Creole
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
I am an IT professional and instructor who loves the simple things in life, and in contrast, technology. I'm genuinely an easy person to get along with. As a host I am always concerned that my guests are well received and that their needs are met to the best of my abilities.
Why Djeno chose Cotterelle
I purchased this property because I could envision myself living there and loving it. I spent my first few weeks there just looking at the ocean and enjoying the cool breeze.
What makes this Cottage unique
Peaceful and beautiful property right off the ocean.Great for singles, couples, and groups or families to enjoy a relaxed stay. Guests love the simple Caribbean beauty, the tranquility, and the delicious food.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Exotic place for a short Spring Break.....
My lovely husband and I spent our Spring Break enjoying the breeze of the ocean at Coterrelle. If you want a cozy place for you and your partner away from the world. that's where you want to be.
My main question was why was there any TV. .? Anyway, I enjoyed the ocean view and the mountain view as well. I was 6 feet from the sky blue ocean, sleeping with the sea sound waves and waking up with the same sound. Isn't that exotic???
Frantz, you were wonderful and I will be back for the Summer.
Thank you, Gertrude, for sharing your experience with us and all travelers. We are so happy you enjoyed the ocean breeze and sleeping to the sound of the waves. Regarding TVs, we have considered adding them to the rooms. But, we have heard from so many guests that not having a TV allowed them to enjoy interacting with their family, kids, friends, etc, which they rarely get to do ordinarily. Some guests take the opportunity to play board games (available upon request) or tell stories, and others have said they prefer not having the temptation of a TV. We really appreciate your thought on this topic and we’ll continue to evaluate our guests’ desire for a TV during their stay. Best wishes. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best View from Jacmel to Marigot
The staff of Coterelle Breeze go out of their way to insure that your stay in Haiti is authentic and enjoyable. The lodging is comfortable. The room with two queens was large and nicely furnished. The courtyard is a joy. The beach is rocky but swimming is possible with water shoes. It is possible to catch tap-tap or moto for the more adventuresome. The Creole food was very well prepared and seasoned. It is off the beaten path but definitely an interesting destination without the hectic hustle of the Capital City. Franz can help arrange transportation and side trips and parking is off street and gated. I always felt safe touring the South coast. The cottages have shutters and I never saw a mosquito which with all the press about Zika and Malaria or other health concerns was not an issue. Do not forget the sunscreen!
Hi: We appreciate very much, you taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also a pleasure to host you and the rest of the group. We hope to see you back soon. (Note: We do have mosquito nets available for every room)
Sleep to the sound of the waves
We were impressed with Cotorelle Breeze. It is a small cottage, with a thatched roof, no glass in the windows but shutters that open right onto the ocean. The bed is super comfortable (a rarity in Haiti!) and combined with the sound of the waves at night gave us the best night's sleep! Franz and his staff were terrific. He speaks excellent English and knows the customs and the area very well. He arranged a moto-taxi for us both to and from Jacmel. The driver, although not English speaking, clearly had been instructed to take good care of us and even waited to take us back several hours later. The food was very good- we ate dinner there both nights, and breakfast both mornings. Cotorelle Breeze is small- there are two rooms, and the courtyard/eating area is not large but it is very adequate and it is behind a solid fence that blocks all noise from traffic. We had walked from Furcy to Marigot (with an overnight in Sequin) so we had 20 miles on our legs when we arrived. Franz took great care to make sure we were comfortable, rested, and well fed!
Hello Kathy: Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and the traveling community. We are so happy you appreciated our comfortable beds, the food, and the special attention from our small staff. Happy trekking!
This is by far the most beautiful rental I have ever stayed in. Being able to listen to the waves crash against the sea wall as I lazily swayed in the hammock was delightful. They should change the name to Serenity. It's more fitting. What you see in the pictures is what you get. No photo trickery here. Yes the ocean is just that close! This was my second (and surely not last!) stay at Coterelle and I could never imagine staying anywhere else.
Hi Chantel: It was a pleasure to host you once more. Thank you for the kind compliments and the name suggestion. Perhaps if Coterelle Breeze has a younger sister we will name her Serenity. :-)
Beautiful Views !!
Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Jacmel. Franz was very welcoming and friendly, and made us feel comfortable. The genuine hospitality, rustic atmostphere, beautiful scenery and good food made it a great stay. We wish we could have stayed longer.
Thank you Blanca for all the kind words. We gladly extend you an invitation for a longer stay anytime.
Relaxing waterfront property! Highly Recommended!
The cottage at Coterelle Breeze was really a great last minute discovery. The setting was beautiful with the sea right in front of the property, and hammocks and lounge chairs positioned just right to enjoy the view. The whole place just makes you want to lounge all day. The room was simple but comfortable (especially the beds) with a clean modern bathroom..Frantz and his staff prepared great dinners for us. I wanted to try the lambi, but it was not available during our stay. So we had the fish and the chicken, which came with rice, plaintains, and acra (not sure of the spelling). We had mango juice the first night but decided to try the soursop juice for the first time. Really delicious and highly recommended.
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you discovered us and it’s great to hear we enjoyed your stay and the food.
** Quiet & Friendly Neighborhood ------------------------------------------------------- • Snorkeling in the reef at Coterelle Breeze (limited equipment available) • BEACHES: Kabic, Ti Mouillage (5 mins); Raymond les Bains (15 mins) • BASSIN BLEU: renowned and a must do trip! • PARC NATIONALE LA VISIT: great for hikers, naturalists, and adventurers • ARTS & CRAFTS STORES: many stores in Jacmel to pick-up the perfect gifts • Restaurants: several on road bet. Jacmel & Coterelle Breeze • Boulevard Pétion-Bolivar: new colorful promenade along Jacmel’s seafront; great for strolls & hanging out • We can arrange for your local excursions • Our Guidebook with more activities is available on demand & in guest rooms