This self contained, one room bush hut is in a unique spot - it's located on a 25 acre bush block next to Albany Scenic Reserve, but is only 5 minutes drive from:
* Albany Westfield mall - cinemas, shopping, supermarkets, restaurants and cafes,
* North Harbour Stadium,
* Massey University,
* Northern motorway exits, Albany Bus Station.
Several beautiful beaches (Long Bay, Browns Bay, Mairangi Bay) and the Okura River Walkway are all close by.
The cabin is nestled in amongst a large stand of nikau and other natives. You'll hear local tui, wood pigeon, morepork and maybe a couple of our 'tame' pukeko, but not much else.... There is a small stream running past the front of the cabin (so small children need to be watched when outside).
The cabin is fairly basic and been refurbished using recycled materials, with minimal impact on the natural surroundings; the water supply is fresh, filtered rain water (no connection to town supply or public sewage system). It is ideal to get the feeling of being 'away from it all'. However, modern additions incude a largeTV with DVD player and freeview channels, gas hob and all the necessary kitchen equipment to be self-sufficient.
NB. the wee bathroom is accessed off the covered porch (see photos).
During cooler months there is an oil filled heater plus electric blanket on the main bed.
There is only patchy mobile coverage (no Telecom at the cabin itself).
Checkin: 1.00pm (or earlier by request, if available)
Checkout:10.00am (or later by request, if available)
LINEN and OCCUPANCY
* Max occupancy is listed as 4, HOWEVER, more than 2 adults will be a squeeze (2 adults and 2 children is fine).
* All linen for 2 adults is provided (king bed sheets, towels).
* For additonal guests, there is a linen surcharge of $10-$15/extra person, only if needed (you are welcome to bring your own).
* There is a bush convenant on the property so pets are not allowed.
* Smoking outside only please.
* The cabin is not suitable as a venue for parties or similar - additional guests are by prior arrangement only.
* No open fires of any kind (no BBQ or braziers unless by prior agreement).
Extras: Linen (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Clean the house and do the dishes before you leave;
A perfect stepping stone for travelling north of Auckland
Not luxurious, but met our needs perfectly - quiet, secluded and restful, yet easy to access. Has everything we would want.
beautiful place to stay at , very quiet and peaceful, accommodation has everything needed and is very clean and tidy , well worth it !!, thanks very much - will definitely be back again
Location is amazing for a quiet getaway. Small cosy batch. Very clean and comfy. Would definitely go back to stay :)
This place suited our purposes perfectly, quiet, secluded but accessible, it was just what we were after - hope to be back again in future.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 2016 onwards
Dec 10 2016 - Nov 30 2017
1 night minimum stay