About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Amazing Apartment Near Times Square
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
This bi-level and nicely decorated apartment is located in North Bergen, NJ which it is only 4.6 miles away from MIDTOWN MANHATTAN / Times Square / Port Authority Bus Terminal. North Bergen is located on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel and it is approximately 15-20 minutes away from Midtown Manhattan. we are closer to Midtown Manhattan than Brooklyn, The Bronx and most parts of Queens. NYC transportation is only 2 blocks away, the buses run 24/7 and the fare is one way. In addition, train and ferry are nearby (3 blocks away). You can enjoy the best of both worlds by staying in this beautiful apartment, enjoy New york all day long and come back to this peaceful and quiet neighborhood which is also very accessible to Hoboken, the official home of the famous Carlo's Bakery of Cake Boss and birth place of Frank Sinatra. Hoboken is only 3 miles away, you can take the train and you can be there in 10 minutes to enjoy trendy shops, restaurants and the breathtaking New York Skyline. It is also minutes away from the Meadowlands and Giants Stadium. Walking distance to supermarket, liquor store, groceries, bakeries, diner, shops and different ethnic restaurants in Bergenline Ave. If it is one ot those days that you are tired from walking all day in the city, you have the options of ordering food to be delivered from differents places like Pizza Hut, Chinese Restaurants, Thai Food Restaurants, Mexican Food, Domino's Pizza, Papa John's Pizza, Sushi & Gourmet Chinese & Japanese Food. etc. You will have the convenience of everything whether it is a short walk or a phone call away.
****** LOWER LEVEL ********
- Living Room/Dining Area
Queen Sleeper Sofa (sleeps 2)
- Master Bedroom (king size bed)
Sleeps (2) and an extra full bed
can be set up here (sleeps 2)
Full bath with Jacuzzi tub in
- Powder Room
****** UPPER LEVEL ********
- Bedroom # 2
Queen Size Bed (sleeps 2)
Twin Bed (sleeps 1)
- Bedroom # 3
Queen Size Bed (sleeps 2)
Twin Bed (sleeps 1)
- Full Bathroom
This apartment is approximately 1,800 Sq. Ft. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. It is very spacious and it the kitchen is fully equipped if you are in the mood for cooking!
SOME OF THE AMENITIES
- Fresh linens and Towels
- Wireless Internet Access
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Body Wash
- Parking (private parking lot)
We also provide pick up/drop off services to JFK, La Guardia and Newark Airports for an additional cost. Please contact us for rates and any other information
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
About Ruth Garcia
My husband Henry and I have been in the real estate business for over 20 years and we love dealing with people. As hosts, we go out of our way to make you feel at home and we are there for you from the beginning to the end of your vacation. We provide you with a lot of New York tips in order to make your stay a very productive one. You will definitely be pleased with our services and you will enjoy staying at any of our properties! Let us serve you and you won't regret it.
Ruth Garcia purchased this Apartment in 2001
Why Ruth Garcia chose North Bergen
This property is located in a safe, green and quiet area. You can enjoy a full day in the noisy streets in New York and come back to a quiet place. You can enjoy breathtaking views of the New York Skyline 7 blocks away from our apartment.
What makes this Apartment unique
- Very accessible to New York Transportation by bus, train and ferry. (2-3 blocks away) - There are buses running 24 hours 7 days a week from our location - Everything is within walking distance from the apartment - The apartment is has two levels and it is very spacious
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Very nice place and surprisingly near NYC
The place is as advertised and shown in the photos, with spacious rooms, and very well equipped with all conveniences to cook, eat, and sleep. We were a family group of 8 and had all the space we needed.
It is very near the bus and train stops that can take you to Manhattan, Hoboken or Newport within 20 minutes.
There are plenty of shops nearby to buy food, groceries, as well as restaurants. I strongly recommend the Mesón Español, just 5 blocks away on JFK Boulevard, and El Charro, on the heights overlooking Port Imperial.
Jersey Mills Mall is less than 30' away by car, where you can shop for lesser prices than the ones found at Manhattan.
The host, Ruth, gave us a very personalized attention, receiving us and explaining what we needed. As we arrived just for New Year weekend, she took the trouble of sending us every day the schedules of the principal bus lines.
We had practically no problems, and the few issues that appeared were quickly solved. I would definitely consider again this property in case I come back to NYC with a large group.
We had a fantastic stay at this property. There were seven adults and there was plenty of room for everyone to fit comfortably. The layout is great and was very clean. The property is located in a great area and very close to the bus stop. We absolutely had a wonderful quick visit to the big city.
Great apartment just out of New York
There were many positives about this place.
Ruth organising a wonderful person ( Manny) to collect us and take us to and from the airport.
Ruth greeting us and gave us lots of information.
We required washing to be done and Ruth helped us with that.
The apartment was spacious and cosy. Very comfortable beds.
Only 10 minute walk to lookout to see skyline of Manhattan. Enjoyed this view at night.
Would recommend the apartment to family or friends.
Spacious Accomodation, but unable to Recommend
The Accommodation was ok, however, we did incur a few issues:.
1. On the day when arriving at JFK we booked the taxi (Ruth's driver) and did not receive any confirmation after 4 hours of using a UK phone to contact Ruth and speaking to Ruth we were told the driver was involved in an accident however Ruth's husband stated the driver was already at the airport, (contradicting information) and we were left stranded for 4 hours at the airport with my child and elderly father with no where to sit down except on the airport floor. We also incurred additional costs on three of our UK mobiles for Roaming charges. Ruth eventually sent a taxi.
2. Arriving at the accommodation Ruth was not present throughout the whole of the 5 days. very disappointing as all the previous reviews stated Ruth was personally there to support if required.
3. Advertised but not provided Telephone - not helped as we had to buy a US sim card to use (purchased on the 3rd day of the stay)
4. Advertised but not provided Washing Machine - laundrette was around 10 minutes away from the accommodation
5. There was a small nail on the floor at the front of the bottom bedroom, posing a health and safety issue with an elderly person and my child accompanying for the stay.
6. The Light and fan in one of the bedrooms upstairs was not working
7. I only booked as Ruth advised the accommodation was suitable for an elderly person, however due to the two flights of steps and the location of the public transport (up and down a hill) the accommodation was by no means suitable for an elderly person or for transporting luggage up and down the stairs.
8. The advantages of the accommodation include being a safe neighbourhood as well as the spacious accommodation.
Unfortunately, due to more cons then pro it will be recommended to stay central rather than in New Jersey as the 20 minute transport is dependable reliability of the service and the traffic.
Great place and close to NYC
This was a wonderful place to stay at for our little vacation to NYC. It was clean, quiet, and had everything we needed. Ruth left great instructions on how to use the public transit and nearby restaurants.
The property was beautiful, roomy, and very clean. We felt very much at home were very pleased.
We were very pleased with our stay! Not only was the property beautiful, spacious, and very clean, but Ruth and Henry were very helpful and friendly. They provided us with complete details of transportation into New York City. Both Ruth and Henry came on the day we checked in to make sure everything met our expectations and to answer any questions. They made sight seeing and dining recommendations and Henry drove us around the neighborhood to show us where to pick up the bus to the city as well as where grocery stores and other shopping was. They were so helpful accommodating and kind. We had a wonderful stay and a big part of that was because of the beautiful accommodations and the helpfulness of Ruth and Henry. I will be recommending Home Away to all of my friends looking for homes to stay in on trips and will most definitely be recommending Ruth to anybody I know that will be traveling to the New York or New Jersey area. Thank you for everything Ruth and Henry!
You can find pretty much everything within walking distance from our property. You will find groceries, an array of ethnic restaurants (Janapnese, Chinese, Mexican, Cuban, Colombian, Peruvian, etc), banks, liquor stores, bakeries, all kind of stores, etc)