|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Recent and modern luxury top floor Penthouse in a superb whisky Distillery refurbished in high standard Lofts. Delightful place!
The apartment is a recent and modern luxury top floor Penthouse (150 sq. meters) in a superb whisky Distillery refurbished in high standard Lofts. It is only located a throw of stones from the city centre and benefits from a stunning view over Dublin and the numerous parks and pitches surrounding the building. There is also a view over the Tolka River, which used to be a crowded and important river when the distillery was still in operation.
The MOST important thing, apart form respecting the premises is to respect the neighbourhood as this is a residential area and families are leaving around. Thus, excessively loud music is not allowed and screaming in the staircase must be avoided.
APARTMENT DESCRIPTION AND MAIN FEATURES:
This apartment is very clean, quiet, extremely bright and comes with:
- 2 large bedrooms (18 and 30 sq. meters),
- 2 bathrooms (one separated for the first bedroom, one ensuite for the master bedroom),
- a massive living room perfect for chilling out, dinners or parties,
- a fully equipped kitchen,
- a lift to the apartment, wheelchairs accessible,
- a spacious 'L' shaped balcony (60 sq. meters) surrounding the apartment,
- secured parking for one car,
- storage facilities for bicycles, baby strollers, etc.
- 1 double bed in the first bedroom,
- 1 Super-King size bed in the master bedroom,
- 3 comfortable sofa beds,
Each bed comes with clean bed sheets fresh towels.
STAYING AT THE PENTHOUSE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Outdoor gas BBQ!
- Pool table!
- Free TV,
- Free Wi-Fi,
- Nespresso coffee machine (drink as much as you want!),
- Tea (same as coffee, drink all you can),
- Kettle, microwave, oven, toaster,
- Washing machine (with detergent), dryer,
- Dishwasher (with tabs),
- Shampoo, shower gel (for men and women),
- Hair dryer,
- Iron + iron board,
- Clean bed sheets,
- Clean towels,
- Dublin maps and guides,
- Europe, Australia and USA plug adapters.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Best location to attend a Gaelic match or a concert in Croke Park (the stadium is right at the end of the street),
- Numerous Dublin buses and coaches nearby, on a regular basis,
- 15-20 min walk from the heart of Dublin and 15 min walk from the sea,
- 5-10 min walk from shops, restaurants, convenience stores, etc.
BOOKING AND PRICE:
- The price is the one shown when you request a quote,
A deposit of 300 euros is required when booking or at check-in. Please respect this basic rules and enjoy your stay! Breaching these rules will lead in taking a part or full deposit.
- Quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Families are leaving in the same block so if we receive complaints from our neighbours or the management company we cannot refund your deposit.
- The apartment is unsuitable for parties with loud music. Keep the volume reasonable.
- ONLY guests who have booked are allowed to stay because of damages, theft and noise incurred by external people.
- Strictly no smoking inside the apartment; please only smoke outside on the balcony.
- Charges to replace lost door key (€30) or parking permit (€50) will be deducted from the deposit.
- In case of cancellation over 30 days prior the check-in, a 10% fee is kept. Between 30 days and the check-in date, there is no refund.
- You can check-in from 3:00 pm and checkout up to 10:00 am. We are happy to grant access to the penthouse earlier than 3 pm if there is no checkout the same day. Checkouts after 10:00 am are subject to availability and are charged €10 per hour.
- The penthouse is provided in a perfect cleaning condition and is expected to be found in the same condition (apart from bed sheets and towels). You can alternatively get for €75 the penthouse cleaned by our staff after your checkout. This does not mean the penthouse can be left with excessive dirt.
- In case of excessive dirt at checkout, the deposit will be kept, whether or not you have opt-in for the cleaning service.
I’ve tried to make this description as accurate and clear as possible but if you need anything else or if there is still a grey area, feel free ask me I will be glad to give you a quick answer, generally within 1 hour. In addition, I have been living in Dublin for 6 years so now I know many good spots and what to visit across the city so that you spend an unforgettable time!
So if you are looking for an amazing place in Dublin to stay for a night or more, this apartment is made for you! I personally love it and I'm certain you will love staying there too!
Hi, I'm Matt, from France !
Mathieu Vincent purchased this apartment in 2012
This property is very clean and quiet. It is perfect for relaxing after a long day visiting Dublin. The ambient lights are perfect to create a homey place so you can feel yourself at home.
The balcony, the view on green parks and golf club, the bright rooms, the comfort.
Schöne große Ferienwohnung ungefähr 2 km vom Zentrum in Dublin entfernt. Wir waren dort mit acht Erwachsenen Personen untergebracht wobei lediglich vier Personen in zwei Doppelbetten schlafen konnten. Die übrigen vier Personen haben auf Schlafsofas im Wohnzimmer genächtigt, das war nicht so bequem. Toller Balkon mit einem sehr guten Gasgrill der unser Reisebudget geschont hat. Gute Einkaufsmöglichkeiten (Aldi, Lidl) in 2km Entfernung. Insgesamt gute Ausstattung der Wohnung, die aber mit strengen Lärmregelungen versehen ist. Wenn man sich normal verhält, gibt es aber keine Probleme. Sehr netter Vermieter und insgesamt empfehlenswert, wilde Partys sollte man aber in den guten Pubs und in der Disco Coppers feiern. Danke an Matt und Tanja für die gute Betreuung.
WThis place was a really great place to start our trip in Dublin. The other reviews summarize it pretty well. For improvments, I'd remove the part in the description about no stress on check-in/check-out (or reword it). I assumed it meant you could check-in anytime, but then I realized that wasn't possible, but the the check-in did go very smoothly. We haven't done a Home Away in Europe before, and this is just a general observation since I've seen it at other Home Aways we are staying at, but I'd try to add the deposit to the payment portion. Having to get cash out then wait for the deposit return is kinda strange. It's smoother if it's all just part of the HA process. Also, more towels would be great if there are more people staying. Other than that, this was a great place to stay to take-in Dublin, and the proximity to food and groceries was awesome. Thanks.
Myself and 8 friends stayed here for 2 nights . The penthouse was very clean, bright, spacious and well equipped. The walk to the centre was approx 20 mins at a slow pace.
The only thing I will say is that I'm not sure that the sofa beds in the lounge were big enough for 2 people apart from one. One of the group slept on the floor on the main bedroom using a mattress topper which was provided for the sofa beds.
All in all was a great place to stay would definitely recommend it!
Clean apartment with lovely deck and views. We had a car and used the beautiful apartment as home base as we visited sites near and around Dublin. We used taxis for in town visits as we were traveling with elderly parents, but public transport was not far away and we could have easily used both the train and bus, it just involved a little walk. There is a convenience store nearby and nice restaurants a little further away, but walkable. Matt is a gracious host. Wonderful visit, thank you Matt.
Excellent place to stay for a long weekend in Dublin. Slept 8 of us with ease. Mathieu was also very friendly and welcoming
The layout of this spacious flat got our family tour of Ireland off to a great start. With 9 people ranging in age from 13 to 82, we needed a place to be together without being on top of each other.
Matthew was very attentive to our pre-planning needs and everything was ready for our arrival. He went out of his way to accommodate our early arrival from US, which we greatly appreciated.
We loved the views and the penthouse privacy.
My only regret is that we didn't think to ask upon arrival for extra linens as the supply provided was a bit limited.
Would stay here again and would recommend highly. And one other minor suggestion is to add a café press to the kitchen supply for the few remaining non Keurig fans in the world. Really minor, we loved this place and very much appreciated Matthew's attentiveness!