|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
Recently renovated, this large daylight basement one bedroom MIL apartment is a street level walk up with its own separate entrance directly out front. I live upstairs and work from home as a freelance photographer/videographer and designer. When I travel, I rent out my home upstairs to mature, quiet guests, as well (#3830205).
▪ Secure, private and well-lit entry
▪ Organic tea and coffee provided
▪ Brand new Beautyrest Black firm queen bed
▪ Kitchen is well-equipped for longer stays [full sized refrigerator, brand new dishwasher and farmhouse sink, vintage cooktop (no oven) and toaster, and stocked with essential utensils and cookware]
▪ Full bath, LUXURIOUS rain shower head with great water pressure, plush and abundant towels and hairdryer provided
▪ The apartment is heated through central forced air gas, with additional wall heaters for those who tend to run colder than average. (The apartment stays cool in the summer on its own.)
▪ Fresh herbs are available for clipping from the herb garden out front
▪ Turntable with vintage records, radio and mp3 player
▪ Small library of classic literature
▪ Games and cards
If you don't know what you'd do without a TV, oven or a microwave, I'm sorry, but this isn't the place for you. But for those who appreciate quiet quality with a bit of a Ace Hotel meets thrift store chic aesthetic, you will feel right at home. Because of the hardwoods above, you will hear a few floors squeaks from above, but I'm mindful of guests below and ask that anyone staying in the house above is, as well.
▪ two-person maximum (registered guests only)
▪ no smoking on the property (inside or out)
▪ not suitable for travelers with children
▪ no pets
▪ please observe appropriate noise levels between 10pm and 8am. (Especially in the kitchen area, as the upstairs bedroom is directly above it.)
If you like to wake to the sound of chirping birds and enjoy charming old school comforts with access to great local delis, bars restaurants and shops, you'll enjoy staying here!
The apartment is located in the lovely and quiet area of Whittier Heights in Ballard, situated between three great neighborhoods: downtown Ballard, Phinney Ridge and Greenwood and close to Fremont. The apartment is within a lovely stroll to award winning restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries and delis on 70th Street and 65th Street.
I am four blocks from Delancey's (amazing pizza), Essex, The Fat Hen and Honore Bakery. All voted top restaurants and bars. You can even take cooking classes at the Pantry at Delancey (but you must book early because they sell out!). It is a quick jaunt by bike or car to the Ballard Market (a really great grocery store), Safeway and Trader Joe's. Greenlake is a mile away. If you are a runner, walker or blader, you'll probably want to check it out! The Woodland Park Zoo is also close by and Discovery Park and Golden Gardens are also exquisite places to check out and not a far drive.
There is free street parking directly out front. Car-2-Go, Uber and Lyft are also a popular options in Seattle. I am 4 blocks to the #28 bus and about 6 locks from the Rapid Ride D line. Both buses go downtown.
Shannon C. purchased this apartment in 2011
It is such a great neighborhood, quiet with lots of chirping birds and there was a lot of quality period charm in this 1940's Cape Cod house that I wanted to restore (still working on it!).
Walkability to great neighborhood amenities, but very quiet and easy to access, with street parking right out front and street level entry (no stairs).
We truly enjoyed our accommodations in this cozy apartment for the week. Such attention to detail and the owner was very personable and accommodating to our needs. The recommendations given to us for food and entertainment were enjoyable! The walk to downtown Ballard was always refreshing and not too long.
Described perfectly but had so many more creative touches to make the stay oh so fun, comfy, & cozy! Awesome area for walking to great places! I can't wait to stay again!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 2017 - Sep 4 2017
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.