At first glance, The Retreat appears to be a small, cozy lakeside cottage. Looks can be deceiving and, upon entering, you will find that that it is oh, so much more!
An exquisitely comfortable & stylishly decorated home w/ every amenity you could ever want & some you never dreamed of!
Your home includes:
* Large, well supplied gourmet kitchen with island and exquisite cherry floors.
* Modern Living Room w/ stunning original art, large 3D HDTV, soaring, beamed ceilings, large windows overlooking the lake, glowing cherry floors, seating for all your guests, gallery-style lighting & beautiful brick fireplace.
* Award-winning Designer master Bedroom Room suite w/amazing hammered bronze ceiling, creative lighting, romantic stone fireplace, comfy leather recliner, elegant crystal chandelier, carved hardwood queen bed & large custom closet.
* The second bedroom (The Loon Room) is as cute as it is comfortable! It sports beautiful, maple floors, custom hand-carved, tongue-in- groove feature wall, a cozy reading corner with a one-of-a kind egg chair and four poster queen bed with loon bedspread and pillowcases.
* The third bedroom sleeps four people comfortably. In addition to housing a large library of books for every taste, this room doubles as a comfortable sitting/reading room in addition to converting to a versatile sleeping area with a loft bed, fold-out couch and loveseat.
* Your Large Tuscan Family Room has copper ceilings, stone fireplace, oxblood tufted leather furniture, vintage cherry bar with tv, antique sword collection, book matched wood floor & stunning lake view.
* Awe-inspiring Greek Spa/exercise room with classic egg and dart ceiling, a club-style elliptical trainer, weight system, steam sauna & a $30,000 Ocean Wave aqua massage table.
* European bath w/ artisan tile walls, custom heated tile floor with decorative medallion inserts, cherry door with artist-carved crystal insert, elegant lighting & expansive custom shower with personalized multiple shower heads.
* Huge secluded Music/Theater/Game room boasts a grand piano, deluxe game table, HUGE 80" 3D HDTV with theater-style surround sound, wireless intercom, blackout blinds, gas fireplace and beautiful artwork.
* All levels are air conditioned and heated with cable in almost every room.
* Not to be outdone, the home's exterior sports a large variety of terrific amenities:
* A private dock on a beautiful, private bay.
* Fabulous fishing lake, even off the docks.
* Three decks-one is perfect for relaxing with your morning coffee, the other two of them overlooking beautiful Dragonfly Bay.
* The lower deck has seating for eight and a hot tub.
* The massive upper deck is big enough for a bevy of swing dancers as well as sporting a large outdoor dining area with deluxe Weber gas grill and seating for eight guests.
* Almost 1 acre of shaded yard with plenty of outdoor games like volleyball, croquet and lawn darts.
* A beautiful private creek with a scenic bridge.
* A large paved fire pit by the shores of lovely Nest Lake.
* 2 garage stalls with generous additional parking complete with RV parking .
* We are Located between 2 delightful towns-New London & Spicer.
* Your head will be spinning w/more entertainment, activities & places to go than you'll have time for! Whatever season, you can't beat this area for recreation & fun!
* 5 minute walk to Glacial Ridge Winery featuring wines from Minnesota, good food & outdoor concerts in the summer!
* 1/2 mile away is the 80-mile scenic biking/hiking/skiing trail that winds from St. Cloud to Hutchinson
* A beautiful 10 minute drive to 1 of 2 live theaters.
* Big Kahuna Fun Park-mini-golf, go-karts, bumper boats & a full arcade w. prizes!
* Twin Spin Movie Theater-cutest darn 4 screen movie theater you ever saw!
* 10 terrific parks within 10 minutes
* Dozens of restaurants from fine dining, pizza, subs, family-style, Mexican or a quick burger & a shake
* Many excellent neighborhood nightclubs w/ liquor,food & music
* Boat Tours-from basic to luxurious!
* 2 full service salon spas
* BMX bike course
* 4 great playgrounds for kids!
* New London boasts the largest collection of artists in Minnesota
*Many, many wonderful antique stores
Events: If that weren't enough, the New London-Spicer area is known for many special events held all year long. Some of these events are:
*Little Crow Ski Show-National Champion Water Ski Team performs Friday evenings throughout the summer!
*Glacial Ridge Winery Grape Stomp & Art Shows-a different artist every week
*New London Antique Car Run-this annual event is for all vehicles 1908 and earlier
*Vintage snowmobile races throughout the winter
*Texas Hold 'Em Tournaments
*New London Studio Hop-tour artists' studios & view demonstrations
*The Fourth of July! is THE event of the summer in Spicer- 3 days of celebration w/outdoor concerts, baseball tournaments, carnival, food fairs, flea market, bike races, a parade & fireworks over Green Lake!
*New London Water Days-boat races, art fair, food court and a parade!
*New London Music Festival-Annual event w/ 3 days of music, revelry & great food.
*Green Lake Regatta-beautiful sailboat races Summer & winter Triathalons
*The famous Polar Plunge!
Our Pledge: Planning an event, whether it's a family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate retreat, family reunion or something else, it's important to know that you are dealing with people you can trust to help you make that important event as wonderful as it should be! We know, we've been there! The Retreat on Dragonfly Bay is our home-a warm, inviting place that is a refuge not only for us but for our family and friends as well. We want you to enjoy this special place as much as we do!
If you are planning a large event, we will gladly try to arrange for additional lodging within the immediate area, even within easy walking distance. In addition, if you or one of your guests have any questions or would like to make special arrangements, we would love to chat with you about your ideas and how we can make them happen.
We invite you to come and accept our invitation to enjoy the aura of relaxation and rejuvenation that is The Retreat at Dragonfly Bay. We look forward to seeing you here soon!