|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
**Free: Pontoon Rides (August Only). Please inquire with the home owner (subject to availability)**
Have a truly unique trip to Minnesota by staying directly on the Mississippi River!
This massive 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom duplex house was an original farmstead home, and the property originally included much of the surrounding area. The owners, who live in the other half of the house, spent almost 2 years designing the major additions to the property that doubled the size of the house, including a soaring ceiling up to a large multipurpose open loft that overlooks the family room, dining area, and gourmet kitchen. The loft also has its own private outdoor deck, which sits high above the winding Mississippi River, offering spectacular river views. You and your travel companions will have plenty of room to spread out over the home’s expansive open floor plan with plenty of space for gathering and entertaining. Both the living area and master bedroom have gas fireplaces, and you’ll be able to enjoy views of the river from practically every room in the house. Soak your cares away in the master bathroom’s Whirlpool bathtub, perfectly designed to have direct views of the fireplace, river, and built-in TV. The master bedroom closet features a walk-through design that provides private access to the large laundry room, complete with in-wall ironing board. Another distinctive feature is the master suite’s separation from the other bedrooms by way of the kitchen, family, and dining rooms, allowing for ultimate privacy. Enjoy cooking delicious meals in the home’s gorgeous kitchen, fully equipped with a 6-burner gas stove, double ovens, prep sink, stainless steel appliances, custom cherry cabinets, large center island bar, and granite countertops. You’ll also find beautiful hardwood floors throughout the entire house, including all 4 bedrooms, with the exception of the loft and the formal living and dining areas.
Spend your afternoons lounging outside on the huge back deck, accessible from the family room area and master bedroom suite. You’ll find that the cozy front porch is a great spot to enjoy the home’s generously-sized front yard, or perhaps your favorite book and a cup of tea. When you’re ready to enjoy the river, head down the stairway out back, which will lead you directly to the Mississippi. This house has everything you need to experience Minnesota’s beautiful outdoors to the fullest!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a gourmet full kitchen, multiple outdoor decks, private river dock with slide, and much more
- The home had major updates in 2007, adding several unique features such as a multipurpose open loft and a custom Whirlpool tub in the master bath
- Outstanding location right on the Mississippi River with fantastic river views!
- Free Pontoon Rides (August Only). Please inquire with the home owner
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Sleep Number Bed (Memory Foam) with dresser, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom, and TV with DVD player and DirecTV recorder
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed with dresser
- Bedroom 3: Double Bed with 2 dressers
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- No smoking
- Quiet hours start at 11 PM
- Absolutely no parties or large gatherings (NO BACHELOR OR BACHELORETTE PARTIES)
- Copy of a valid photo ID required to be sent to local contact before arrival (must match name on reservation and credit card)
- Extra person fees apply for groups over 6 people.
- Pet friendly (maximum 2 pets, must be under 25 pounds)
- Please keep in mind - the owners occupy the lower level of the house with a separate entrance. They also own a couple friendly cats who do occasionally roam into the rental.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
Additional fees and taxes may apply
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
Owner / Property Manager purchased this house in 0
What a perfect place to hang out for a few days during Christmas break! We loved the view and spotted a bald eagle! Enjoyed the table tennis and piano, and all the space and light.
The house is absolutely stunning. All the details were well thought out to a T. From the nice touches of frames in just about every room giving a little history of the home, to being able to hook up your phone via Bluetooth to the stereo system. Not to mention the absolutely breathtaking views on the deck. The loft is also a very nice touch with a pool table that can quickly be turned into a ping pong table. The owners were also very kind, so much so that they took us on a ride on their pontoon boat at sunset. Our stay here was unforgettable and will definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of renting out a house in the Twin Cities area.
Great place for the whole family. Plenty of space. Welcoming hosts. Beautiful location on the upper Mississippi river. We came her to celebrate our daughter's graduation from college. This place gave us time to talk and laugh about family memories and celebrate great accomplishments.
This was perfect for our small group to mingle and stay close. The loft has to be seen in person to fully appriciate.
Many thanks for a beautiful place to stay. It was especially nice to have the piano. My wife, 3 daughters, and 2 of our granddaughters play the piano - we sang lots of Christmas and other music.
Location was terrific.
Very easy for us to keep clean (we had several children - tough to do).
The sloping yard was great for me (Fred, 80 years) because stairs can be more difficult.
Excellent locations of bathrooms.
I could go on and on, but the owners know what a great place they have.
* Thanks for the chocolate mints (they disappeared too quickly) - how about 100 lbs of them. :) Fred Hill
Perfect for a get away with my adult daughters. The views were great of the river and the trees were in their autumn colors. It was close to a playhouse and we went to see a great play there. We also went shopping on Main Street that had a variety of shops. We talked about going back next year at this time.
If you are looking for peace and nature's inspiration, this is the place for you. Four different areas to congregate with others as well as great individual spots to reflect. Adequate opportunities for recreation and close to shopping.