About the property
- House1300 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
House, 2 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
Home was designed by a well-known Las Vegas interior design company, using only high-end finishes and materials. No expense was spared! The entire home was gutted from top to bottom. It took over a year to complete.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
• Most reviewed home in downtown San Diego with over 170 reviews
• 100% of reviews are 4 or 5 stars nothing below
• Address is 837 10th Ave San Diego, CA. 92101
• It is 10-15 minute walk to convention center- depending on pace
• 2 Bedrooms 2.5 baths
• 3 unique levels
• High-end finishes throughout
• Maximum number of guests is 6
• 1 Cal King, 1 Queen, 2 Queen Sofa Beds - with bedding very comfortable
• Looking to rent only to individuals who will appreciate and take care of the home
• Must be respectful to the neighbors - no loud noise past 10 pm
• This is not a "party house" but a high-end rental - read rental contract
• 3-night minimum – no exceptions on weekends
• Check-in at 3 pm and check-out at 11 am
• Sound proof windows in both bedrooms - very expensive and effective
• Dual-band Wi-Fi - 2.4 and 5.0 GHz - fast
• All the little details are provided - linens, towels, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, and coffee
1ST FLOOR – BEDROOM, BATH, ENTRY, GARAGE
• Bedroom with queen bed – high-end mattress
• Soundproof windows - second set of windows very effective at making room quiet
• Laptop work station with monitors, printer and key board/mouse
• 48-inch LCD TV with digital cable and HD channels
• Bathroom with glass tile shower – Westin dual head shower-head
• Attached 1 car garage – fits cars up 204 inches (95%)
• LG extra-large capacity washer and dryer
2ND FLOOR – LIVING ROOM, KITCHEN, HALF BATH
• 65 inch 4K TV with HD channels and the ability to stream
• 500 Watt Surround Sound System
• Blue Ray Player
• Italian leather couch and Barcelona chair
• Tiger wood flooring
• Kitchen fully stocked
• DCS commercial range
• Breakfast bar and bistro table
• Queen sofa bed
• Dramatic lighting and custom artwork
• Floor-to-ceiling windows with high-end window coverings
3RD FLOOR – MASTER BEDROOM, BATH AND BALCONY
• California King – Beauty Rest World-Class mattress – (new April 15)
• Queen sofa bed
• Soundproof windows - second set of window and sliding glass door very effective at making room quiet
• Shower with rain-shower, body-jets, Westin dual head shower-head
• 48-inch LCD TV with digital cable and HD channels
• 6 X 15 – balcony with great city view
• TEC gas-grill – infrared top-of-line
OTHER KEY FEATURES
• Electronic locks - no need for keys
• Wi-Fi throughout home
• Wired internet at laptop workstation
• Air conditioning (new 2015)
• Tank less water heater – never run out (new 2015)
• Home is extremely well-maintained
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
My girlfriend Tina and I run the property directly. You get the benefit of dealing directly with the owners. We believe in treating our guests the way we would want to be treated. Our dedication to making your rental exceptional is reflected in our reviews.
J.D. purchased this House in 2009
Why J.D. chose East Village
My girlfriend and I bought in this location because we love downtown San Diego. This home was selected because it is one of the few single family homes downtown. We could paint it bright green and short-term rent it without the worry of a home owner's association. The interesting style of these homes won numerous awards for the builder. It features tilt up concrete construction. We also liked the fact that the garage is attached. We do not have to go through a public elevator to get into the unit.
What makes this House unique
Attached garage single family home not a condo, there is no home association to worry about. Every condo association in downtown prohibits vacation rentals of less 30 days, people do it anyway but our tenants do not have that worry.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
This is a really nice condo. It is very spacious, very comfortable and plenty of room for a few people (I was there by myself). The condo is ultra clean and everything seems new. The owner was very attentive, helped accommodate a different check in time and refunded my damage deposit within 2 hours of me leaving. The owner gives out his personal cell phone number and leaves 2 backup numbers, and made sure the first day I got in OK and that everything was fine. (Compared to other Vrbo where you often have to go through some manager or something I really liked that).There is nice, clean, laundry on site and on site parking. Super fast wifi access and while I didn't attempt, it looks like the owner provides a printer on site that I suspect you could print from. I was in town for business at the convention center and it was an easy 15 minute walk.... Probably a 3 minute Uber ride... Lots of kitchen gear if you wanted to cook etc. 3 bathrooms and 3 TVs. Very secure access.
A few cons/the only reason I didn't give 5 stars ... 10th street is pretty busy and the traffic noise is noticeable (the neighborhood itself and neighbors were all quite... It's just a busy street). That said I am not used to living in the city and for people who do the noise likely wouldn't be a problem. (The owner does provide some white noise machines and ear plugs.) I am pretty picky about beds and the bed, while large, was just a little soft/lumpy for my liking. Those things aside this is a fantastic condo and IS WAY bigger than I thought it would be. Super clean and felt very safe in it.
Great place near downtown San Diego
This was a great place for my friends and I on vacation. Beautiful and comfortable and close to shopping, restaurants, convention center and Harbor. We walked to most of our activities including Saturday market in Little Italy. The only caution I might advise is it is three levels so you need to be able to climb stairs and there is traffic noise especially during the week so bring ear plugs if you’re not used to city noise. There’s a bus line and bike rental nearby so you don’t really need to bring the car, but there is garage space available .
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I am glad you had a 5 star experience. The noise is an issue in any metropolitan city. I spent over 10K to install soundproof windows in both bedrooms which are actually a second set of specially coated dual pane windows behind the original ones. They are remarkable effective. It is the only vacation rental or hotel in downtown San Diego I am aware of with these windows. In addition, I do provide the ear plugs you mentioned and white noise machines.
Best homeaway stay ever
Our family of 5 stayed at JD’s place. From the moment we walked in we were extremely impressed. The place was meticulously cleaned and exactly as photographed. JD had thought through every detail for our stay, properly made beds, fresh linens, towels, laundry detergent, shampoo, conditiner, soap, essentials, and instructions for the home.
The beds were super comfortable. Upstairs bedroom was huge, bathroom is lux. Bedroom on ground floor can be noisy to street traffic, but JD has ear plugs that make it no issue at all for a light sleeper.
The gas lamp area of San Diego was awesome, so many great restaurants within walking distance. We had a blast. Note for anyone reading this ... if taking a light-up pedicab ride back from a restaurant at night, make sure to negotiate upfront with the biker before getting in. He charged us $60 to go four blocks!
We also went to the San Diego zoo which was a very very short drive away. Our suv rental car fit into the the garage with no issue.
This was the best place we ever stayed on homeaway. Any visitor should feel lucky hat JD is sharing this slice of heaven with us.
Location, Location, Location!
We loved the ease of walking everywhere from Gas Lamp, Petco, Embarcadaro, USS Midway, to Seaport Village. The condo is stocked with extras that are really nice to have such as toilet paper, bar soap, shampoo, trash bags, and paper towels. It's a great use of space and has a well stocked kitchen if you want to do any cooking. My family of four (including 2 teenage boys) was very comfortable. We also appreciated having a garage for the car. The only negative is the street noise but that is to be expected as you are street level in the city. We did find that we became used to it after a night or two and it would NOT prevent us from staying here again. We utilized the white noise machines in each bedroom. Owner was extremely responsive and checked in with us to see if we had any questions. Also a great property notebook with directions and recommendations. Promptly refunded deposit. Definitely recommend!!
Way better than a hotel
JD was super attentive, he checked in to make sure we were settled. The house is very unique. We were there for a girls running weekend. We spent a lot of time just hanging out in the living room.
Two things to note, bring earplugs or use ones provided. I live in the country and there is a lot of city noise here so I was sensitive to that. Second the dishwasher is super quiet it took the three of us almost 10 minutes to figure out if we got it going or not.
I would definitely come back and stay here again. And recommend it to my friends and family.
JD was a great host. He is extremely responsive and what quick to help with any questions we had. The place was well equipped with everything needed for our stay and the location was right next to the Gaslamp action. Definitely recommend this place!
Other Activities: Boating, Shopping
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Comic-con is $4000 for 4 nights each additional night is $300 Read rental contract before booking.