Our big, loving vacation home is nestled in the Arkansas River Valley of Colorado, often referred to as the 'Banana Belt of the Rockies'. This unique, inviting area - stretching only 160 miles from Leadville to Pueblo - experiences warmer, dryer weather than the surrounding regions, delivering even greater possibilities for outdoor adventures year-round! We would love for you & your loved ones to stay at MoonShadow Ranch & experience first-hand this very special area home & property.
We invite you to design your family's next vacation in this gorgeous area & plan to visit the newest attractions of the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park & Dino Experience & then, come 'HOME' to MoonShadow Ranch, our family-focused, luxury vacation home! With 4,380 sq. ft. - 4 bedrooms; a Full Game Room - Pool Table, Poker Table, Air Hockey Table & Board Games; an INCREDIBLE, fully-stocked kitchen; wood burning fireplace; AWESOME Outdoor Amenities - 2 Raised Decks with a large grill, a Stone Fire Pit, a Game Pit for Horseshoes & Bocce, a PRIVATE Pavilion with 8-top Picnic Table, Propane Grill & Tetherball & Corn Toss Games & NOW a HUGE Playhouse, Game & Hammock Area with a 10x12 ft fully equipped Playhouse with a 4ft wrap-around deck, Outdoor Games & lounging Hammocks; Basketball Hoop & Private Shooting/Target Range AND...it all sits on 80 private acres!
You & your family will LOVE the entire Royal Gorge Region because it offers the perfect combination of outdoor adventure, Old West history, and small-town hospitality. Nestled half-way between Canon City & Salida, we're 30-45 minutes from ALL the Royal Gorge Region has to offer. This is a place where you can slow down and leisurely shop the Main Streets in Salida or antique shops of Florence. Or speed up, with a paddle in your hands, through the white water rapids of the Arkansas River or enjoy the winter sloops of Monarch Mountain. Or plan to come back to do it all!
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall - This is an amazing place to retreat with your family & friends. Relax, breathe deep & enjoy the quiet tranquility as well as the endless possibilities for outdoor adventure on the property & on the Arkansas River.
Summer: ENDLESS hiking on property! Local rafting tours, lasting anywhere from a few hours to six days, leave from here & tumble along the state’s most popular whitewater river, facing rapids ranging from the calm, family-style waters outside Cañon City to adrenaline-pumping swells & steep drops near the Royal Gorge.
Winter: Cozy up with your loved ones by the fireplace after a wonderful, big family meal & enjoy the great warmth of this loving home. Additionally, we've added a gorgeous stone fire pit, snowshoes & saucer sleds to enjoy the fresh snow fall. If you're looking to add a day or two of skiing to your winter vacation, this could be the ideal home as Monarch Mountain Ski & Snowboard Area is 90 minutes (53 miles) away. Monarch is a great skiing location because it’s often one of the least crowded ski areas in all of Colorado & it often has some of the best snow in the state! Monarch is a wonderfully, family-friendly ski resort with an excellent ski school & child care center.
For an unforgettable experience—enjoy the freedom and privacy of your own living space in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
* Ample space for your family's next vacation &/or family reunion!
* Four (4) LARGE Bedrooms = Sleeps 14 in Beds (w 2/bed) + 1 Pull-Out Sofa-Sleeper + 2 Double Blow-Up Mattresses + 2 Couches
* 4,380 Square Feet of Gorgeous, Living Space
* Satellite Internet Service
* INCREDIBLE Kitchen with EVERYTHING you could possibly need for big, memorable family meals. You won't find another home stocked like this one!
* Full Game Room - Pool Table, Poker Table, Air Hockey Table, Board Games - with Large TV, 2 Full Couches & a Very Cool, Handcrafted Bar. We also have Dish Network & DVD’s for Children & Adults.
* Outdoor Amenities: Stone Fire Pit; Horseshoes & Bocce on the Game Pit (in front of the house); AMAZING NEW Kid's PLAYHOUSE & Play Area with Corn Toss, Tree-Stump Tick-Tac-Toe, 2 Laying Hammocks & 1 Hammock Chair; 2 Mountain Bikes, Basketball During the Summer Months; Private Shooting/Target Range; 2 Pair of Snow Shoes.
* Read a book next to one of 3 fireplaces – One located on each floor. The 1st & 3rd floor fireplaces are electric & the 2nd-floor fireplace is wood-burning.
* Relax on one of two raised decks - enjoy your coffee, a great BBQ dinner or a glass of wine & watch the wildlife that visit the property… including deer, turkeys, and the occasional elk.
* Hike on 80 acres of private land, or venture beyond & make it a half/full-day hike & enjoy crossing over in to the open access to “BLM” land that extends for 1,000s of additional acres.
From Our Family to Yours: Dream as if you will live forever. Love as if you only have today. In the Wonder of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and this valley, may you have love, joy and peace.
- The Decker Family