New for 2018:-
- Our new gym is up and running, it is well equipped including a range or weight and cardio exercise options
- Our new outdoor shower enclosure, allowing you to fully enjoy a shower al fresco, either coming back from the beach or just because
- We have extended our landscaping to include a large further pacel of land at the back of the house, provide plenty of additional room for relaxing
- The master bathroom has been newly retiled
- The house has a fresh coat of paint throughout
Quintessential Maine and Classic Kennebunkport! 'Shady Oak' is a 1889 shingle cottage located in the historic Cape Arundel neighborhood (listed on the National Register of Historic Places) of Kennebunkport - one block from the ocean, a 5 minute walk to the Colony Beach (a great beach for kids) and a short walk to the Port, with its many shops, galleries and restaurants. This idyllic Victorian house is located just around the corner from St Ann's Church, the Kennebunk River Club and Walker’s Point (summer home of President George H.W. Bush).
The house boasts 5 bedrooms, including a master suite (ground floor), and 2 1/2 baths (plus an outdoor shower!). The bedroom configuration is California king (master), 1 queen, 2 twins, bunk room (bunk bed, single over double with a single trundle) and queen pull-out sofa. In addition to a fully equipped kitchen, there is a dining room, family room and sitting room.
You can also enjoy the screened in porch, an outside patio / living room and an outside dining room under a custom made pergola. The stunning professional landscaping creates a wonderful environment with extensive stone walls and plantings designed to be at their peak in June, July and August.
Other amenities include:
• Full gym
• Nespresso coffee maker
• Hi-speed Wifi
• 2 TVs
• 2 DVD players and 100s of DVD
• Apple TV
• Fire Pit (with lots of wood)
• Large gas BBQ grill
• Washer and Dryer
• Loads of board and other games and puzzles
• lots of books