Feel like a local, and book a stay at our rental apartment in the lovely Víziváros (“Water Town”) neighborhood, a fantastic location just below the Castle District and steps from the Danube river. The Kadarka Apartment (named after our favorite wine, of course) is set up to feel like your home away from home. We welcome you to come and stay, and to get to know the city the way we know it!
The apartment is located in classic early-20th century buildings (think central courtyards, 12-foot high ceilings, and timeless architecture). One thing we love most about Budapest is its abundance of unique architectural details, which is why we’ve kept everything intact as much as possible (while also making the apartment comfortable by modern standards). So you’ll find original hardwood floors; original doors, windows, and woodwork; and very high ceilings! We invite you to come for a stay, take advantage of our carefully curated tips, and make yourself comfortable in our favorite Budapest neighborhood!
• Small library of Hungarian travel, food, and wine books
• Honesty “mini bar”, fully-stocked with some of our favorite wines from around Hungary to ensure that you drink well.
• Recommended for two guests (or a family with two children)
• Located on the second floor (which translates as the third floor for Americans!)
• Building has NO elevator (the stairs make for some great exercise, but are not suitable for those with walking difficulties!
What The Apartment Doesn’t Have:
• A TV! We thought it would just be a distraction from the task at hand: getting to know Budapest.
• Air-conditioning (very few buildings in Budapest do). However, we have found that due to the thick brick walls in the buildings, air-conditioning is not missed and the buildings remain at a constant comfortable temperature.