Welcome to the Loft House, winner of the ABC Living Well Channel's 'Sweet Retreats' Austin edition, also known as the "Bali-inspired Artist's Retreat".
Are you looking for a resort-like atmosphere for your bachelorette weekend? Searching for an inspirational setting for your company retreat or offsite meeting? Hunting for a home with a convivial vibe for your family reunion? If so, your hunt for a secluded yet accessible Austin home-base is over. Situated on two acres of private green-space on a non-through street, this private oasis offers easy access to ACL, SXSW, F1 (Formula One), downtown Austin and Texas Hill Country Wineries.
ABOUT THE HOUSE:
The two story, naturally lighted artist's loft, has a flexible floor plan to accommodate a wide range of entertaining and sleeping arrangements. Because I make my living designing and building things, the spacious home is filled with textiles, art, natural materials and works in progress. You’ll notice an obsessive compulsive attention to detail throughout - custom carved teak doors, polished concrete & pebble mosaic floors, natural clay wall finishes, custom light switches, etc. I've been told there's something about the space that fuels the imagination and inspires a sense of play, making it perfect for corporate brainstorming sessions and artist/writer retreats.
The very private outdoor living space offers numerous ways to enjoy the warm Austin weather; eat breakfast in the large screened porch, sip mojitos on the deck or paddle around the lap pool as deer, foxes, Mexican eagles and hummingbirds frolic nearby.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
Sunset Valley has been called 'Austin's best kept secret’. This neighborhood features large lots, many old and beautiful trees, horses and abundant wildlife yet its only 14 minutes from downtown Austin. The Sunset Valley hiking trailhead is two blocks away, and the Violet Crown trailhead, connecting Sunset Valley to the Barton Creek Greenbelt, is only four minutes away by car. Should you need to stock up on supplies there’s a massive shopping area four minutes to the west (on Brodie Lane), and my favorite, huge gourmet grocery store (Central Market) four minutes to the east.
-The Loft House is only 14 minutes to downtown (Uber average cost: $15) and even closer to the South Congress shopping and South First restaurant districts
- Plenty of free on-site parking
- Less than 20 minutes from the airport
- Less than a 15 minute walk to several restaurants and pubs including Cane Rosso (Italian / pizza), Cow Tipping Creamery (gourmet soft serve ice cream), Stouthaus Coffee Pub (craft brews, coffee and snacks), the Funkadelic Brunch, Central Market Cafe, and JuiceLand.
- Message me and I'll send you my very comprehensive Guide to Austin Map with photos and reviews of my favorite places.
WHAT MAKES THIS HOUSE UNIQUE:
- Large open living space with two story windows overlooking the private green-space
- A variety of sleeping arrangements can be arranged for up to 12 guests
- Indoor / Outdoor living - A fully equipped large kitchen with wrap-around counters that fold open to the large screened outdoor living and dining area. Perfect for parties, foodie reunions and cooking classes.
- Custom finishes, appointments and furnishings from Bali
JUST A FEW OF THE EXTRAS THAT WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU:
- The gourmet kitchen is fully stocked with cooking equipment and kitchen staples including a large automated coffee maker, two french presses, an AeroPress, a coffee grinder and freshly roasted coffee beans
- An outdoor gas grill on the patio by the pool
- A Sonos sound system that you can move to the screened porch and Bose bluetooth speakers in every bedroom
- Luxury linens, (100% cotton), world textile coverlets, vintage wool blankets, new pillows and comfortable mattresses
- Shampoos and other beauty products, hairdryers and lighted makeup mirrors throughout
- Bath and pool towels
OUTDOOR AREA FEATURES:
- Large teak deck with a gas grill (two grills actually)
- Fifty foot lap pool
- Outdoor shower overlooking the 2 acre lot and dry creek
- Private patio just outside the 'Patio' bedroom
- A large private yard to explore
- Deer, foxes, raccoons, Mexican Eagles, hummingbirds galore
A LITTLE HISTORY:
In 2008, I flew to Bali and filled a container with art, architectural pieces, furniture, marble and building materials. When I returned to Austin I built my dream home. In 2010 the Loft House was awarded five stars (the highest honor) by the Austin Green Building Program, and was featured in the Cool House Architectural Tour and on the Sweet Retreats television program.
Because the Loft House is located Sunset Valley, a tiny independent township in the heart of South Austin, Austin's new maximum occupancy regulations (10 guests max) do not apply. We sleep up to twelve guests comfortably and legally.