|Space||2,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
How close to the mountain do you want to be? How about above the lift ticket window with ski runs views from both sides of the condo! The Village Loft is the closet property to the Pay Day lift and Village Loft #38 is the top corner unit overlooking the Pay Day lift on one side and the Home Run ski trail o the other. Village Loft #38 is approx. 2000 square feet. All bedrooms are on the second floor. The master has a king bed, small reading area and a full bathroom. The second bedroom has a King bed. The third bedroom has two twin trundle beds (4 twins) The living/dining are has a large living room with gas fireplace and balcony. There is a large dining table just adjacent to the recently renovated kitchen with newer appliances. There are coin operated washer/dryers down the hallway.
*Each unit is only allowed one parking pass for the underground parking structure. Oversized vehicles may not fit in the parking structure. There are no nearby parking areas available for overnight parking of oversized vehicles.
We were a party of 3 families (6 adults, 5 kids) and stayed there for 4 days over Christmas 2016. There were good and bad aspects to our stay.
Good: location is excellent - right in front of the lift and close to beginner areas. Apt was reasonably spacious and had the required cooking utensils etc.
(1) parking extremely limited - just one spot. It was a pain to arrange for more parking; no help / pointers from the host either.
(2) Neighbors downstairs kept banging ceiling for us to quite down, even though we were in living room and just talking (no walking/running), and it was 10pm. Unacceptable.
(3) extremely inflexible on checkin and checkout times.
Overall: we would probably not go there again.
This condo has amazing proximity to the lifts and mountain. The interior is clean and spacious. The kitchen and bathrooms are updated (however the shower heads could use an upgrade).
The kitchen is well appointed, I cooked several meals here and found most everything I needed- bring your own spices, I always forget!! We were so happy to have another family over for dinner one night- the condo is quite spacious for a mountainside stay and felt very home-y to enjoy company.
We loved the entryway. There are so many hooks for every jacket and hat and glove! It really helps keep the condo clean and tidy and access to snow gear conveniently hung!
Access to town is amazing with the free buses that come through just steps away from the condo. Also there is the main ice rink for ice skating just steps away also!
Here are the 4 CONS:
1. The two king beds are in desperate need of new mattresses and pillows. If you are booking at the height of the season, I would have been really upset to spend 6-8 hours on those mattresses and pillows while spending top dollar. The twin mattresses are better but the bed support is lacking so they sag in the middle.
2. Because of the proximity to the mountain's main lift/run IF the snow making machines/blowers are running the front room (king bed with no en suite bath) is so loud it sounds like an airplane is taking off in your room. The kids room is also loud but not as offensively loud. If the condo had updated, double paned windows that might help as well. If the snow making machines aren't working it's not issue.
3. The front king bedroom needs black out drapes because the huge TV signage for the lifts flickers somewhat randomly through the night and it is very disturbing for sleep.
(Bottom line- put someone who can sleep through a light show and a jet engine in the from king bedroom if you stay here during snow making.)
4. Parking lot is a bit of a haul when carrying groceries or luggage. This is not as big of a deal, just good to be aware of upon first arrival.
Given the location and square footage it's a real trade off for sleeping comfort given the mattresses and noise factor. If you are looking primarily to have lots of space and convenience to the mountain then you can't do much better... once they upgrade the above, it will be a legitimately upscale option in Park City.
We just loved the condo! Rooms were great and the place was clean and spacious. Would highly recommend!! It sure helped getting dumped on by the snow the days we were there too!!
We had a great time and were comfortable with 10 in the condo. It was as advertised and clean. Plenty of towels. The location is great. It had easy access to ski school, Pay Day lift and Legacy Lodge. Todd Hageman, the property manager, was great to work with. He was available via text and phone and handled all our questions promptly. We would stay here again.
The Loft at the Mountain Village (also known as Village Loft) is located at the base of the Park City Mountain Resort near the bottom of the Pay Day Lift. The address is 1401 Lowell Ave. From 1-80. Take SR 224 into Park City. Continue into Park City until you get to the stop light at the intersection of Deer Valley Drive and Empire Ave (Cole Sport ski shop will be on the right). Turn right onto Empire Ave. Take your next right on Silver King. Take the next left onto Lowell Ave. At the stop sign, continue straight passed the bus stop/skier drop off. Just passed the bus stop on your right you will see an entrance to a covered parking lot under a condo complex (under Rocky Mountain Chocolate). Enter the parking lot and continue down and park your vehicle. Towards the end of the parking garage (across from the down ramp) there is a walking passage to the Plaza Ice Rink. The elevator is located on the right of the walkway. Take the elevator up 1 level. Exit the elevator and the Loft is located to your left across the brick walkway. The building is brick with green trim. You will see stairs leading to a breezeway through the center of the Loft. At the top of the stairs on the left are the elevators to the unit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor and continue to the end of the hallway. It is number 38. Parking: The unit has one parking spot located in the resort center parking lot (see directions above). A parking pass will be left on the kitchen counter. Please hang the parking pass from your rear view mirror. Pick any spot, they are not reserved. (Parking Pass not necessary in the summer) Note: Park City Crash Pads is not responsible for any parking and/or towing fees. Please be aware that NO parking is allowed in the outside resort parking lots after midnight. They tow fast and often.