About the property
- Cottage500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
Cottage, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
We have another VRBO on site #478089 the Coastal Cottage. (Check out the reviews!)
We are located In Carlsbad Village Proper, this newly updated one story beach cottage is a true urban beach town hideaway. Sounds of the city, distant train and local street life but still with the flavor of our funky sleepy beach/surf town. It sleeps up to 4 with a comfortable queen size bed in the guest room, a nice new full size inflatable queen pull out sofa bed in the main room.
Scroll to link at bottom of page to view virtual tour.
* Located blocks from the surf n sand of our amazing beaches and just a short walk to the Village center where you'll find great shops, health spa, restaurants and entertainment for everyone. Close to all major attractions. Lego Land – 5 mins, Sea World – 25 mins, SD Zoo – 30 mins, Wild Animal Park - 45 mins, Coaster ( Train ) 2
blocks, Down Town San Diego 35 mins.
* Newly upgraded this year, The Hideaway is nice, like new and very clean inside and out. Has Fully equipped kitchen stocked with dishes, flatware, pots, pans, knives, blender, gas range/oven, coffee maker, microwave, full refrigerator/freezer, toaster and almost everything you would need to cook up and serve a great meal in the comforts of home. Also includes ironing board, hair dryer n hand soaps.
* Free washer and dryer on site with everything you need to wash your clothes the way you like , when you like.
* This Cottage has it's own private patio/yard for beach style outdoor living, includes a gas BBQ, patio table/, lounge chairs and great sun exposure
* TV with movie channels, DVD player, High speed secured wireless internet and CD Music player.
* Beach equipment includes towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, ice cooler and sand toys.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About Deanna Austin
California natives: we love our beautiful beaches, great climate and active lifestyle! We were high school sweethearts and have been married 34 years. We have amazing adult kids on both Coasts. Fans of our Australian Shepherds, hiking, golfing, fishing, writing and painting. We appreciate great food and art! And most of all our family and friends. In peace and joy, Craig and Deanna
Deanna Austin purchased this Cottage in 2016
Why Deanna Austin chose Carlsbad Village
It's a dream to stay at The Hideaway in Carlsbad Village! A tranquil getaway with all the amenities of home. Walk to the lagoon and beach. Shop in The Village. Explore San Diego. Jump on the train to San Juan Capistrano (north) or Downtown (south). Everything a great vacation can offer is here! Casual, comfortable and quality.
What makes this Cottage unique
A top feature is that we also own an all-natural bakery in Leucadia on Coast Hwy 101. We can make arrangements to deliver a custom cake, pastries or a delicious basket of scones or Nordstrom’s favorite all-natural cookies. (Yes, we make cookies for Nordstrom too!) See link below to order fresh pastries.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great location, everything you need is there.
I stayed here for two months and I hated to leave. Deanna and Craig are the most welcoming hosts I've ever met. They do everything necessary to make your stay here wonderful. The furnishings, the laundry facilities, the parking and location are great. I would highly recommend this property and I will return as often as I'm able to. Steve Calhoun.
The Hideaway. . .perfect name
This place was very comfortable & cozy. I loved being able to walk to the village & to the beach. The owners were very accommodating when anything was needed. I would definitely return.
Very Cozy and friendly
Will be back! Extremely comfortable
Great cozy spot walking distance to everything
This property was the perfect spot for two people to vacation. Cozy seating inside and out, great kitchen, and a cozy bedroom. Walk to many cafes, breakfast spots, restaurants, the train, and the beach. Also close to major roads to take you everywhere else. Loved it!
Gem in Carlsbad
The Hideaway is a perfect place to stay while in Carlsbad. Everything I needed was available and the owner is very thoughtful. I loved how it was decorated and comfortable. The backyard is beautiful and serene. I highly recommend this place. It is very close to the village and highway and shops and restaurants.
Charming guest house!
We loved our little " casita" while in
beautiful Carlsbad! Deanna has thought of everything & we felt so
taken care of... the fantastic cookies from her daughters bakery set the
tone! The garden was so pretty & we
enjoyed the sunny outdoor patio too.
We were within walking distance to
town & the ocean...it was a delightful
"home away from home" for us & we will return!