|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Recently updated home. Enjoy unobstructed views from your deck as this home is located on the Beach front of the Atlantic Ocean. Excellent location for this very popular family vacation location with great views. Covered and open sundecks facing the beach. This home has your traditional Edisto Beach floor plan with the living, dining, kitchen combination in the center of the house and the bedrooms and baths on each side. Both beach side front bedrooms have a queen bed and they open to the beach front deck. Back bedroom has twin beds and one bedroom has a queen bed. Stereo system, there is a full bath on each side of the house with a tub/shower combination. Great place for the entire family all year long. A private boat slip is available, and is conveniently located with access to deep water for great fishing or just cruising. Check for availability. One week minimum stay required for months of June, July & August. Please call for additional information. Linens and towels included. Pets allowed with a pet fee.
I liked this house. It seemed to have everything. Including a beachfront view and access. My family enjoyed our stay and loved being so close to the beach! My daughter's chocolate lab had the most fun of all. He gives a "PAWS UP" to this house.
I retired in December and wanted a warmer climate to spend my least favorite winter month. I love the ocean, and having vacationed in Hilton Head a few times, I chose the SC area. Edisto Beach sounded like a perfect fit as I wanted quiet relaxation. This house has the best views, about 180 degrees of ocean. As others have said, the deck is great. Most days temps in 50s. My dog and husband and I were right at home. We had no maintenance issues and received the refunded deposit quickly. We hope to return next year!
Our family decided to spend Christmas away from West Virginia. By chance we chose this house and we couldn't be happier. This past Christmas was the warmest on record, needless to say we enjoyed every day of it. The house was a perfect fit for our family of eight. Sitting on the deck and watching the waves is indescribable. Edisto Island that time of year is quiet, you have the entire island to yourself. I would stay there again if we decide to spend Christmas away from home.
Great house! Kitchen well equipped, house lay out super, but the most outstanding feature is the porch. When I go to the beach, I live to be right next to water so I can hear the waves. At high tide the water actually splashes up at base of porch! The best porch experience of my life....
Our group was 28-44 year olds who work together. This is our fourth and worst trip as a group, the first with any issues.
1) The weather was nice.
2) No shark attacks.
1) The oven. Ovens should not catch fire when you try to use them. This one had so much grease pooled in the bottom that it did.
2) There were no batteries in the smoke detectors.
3) The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad neighbors. They sent the police to the house when our five friends who rode touring bikes from NC arrived because they appeared to them to be “a bunch of kids they thought were going to squat there”.
4) The furniture. Three of the dining room chairs were coming apart at the bases so you had to perch like a bird on them, three of the plastic patio chairs on the porch were broken beyond use, along with one of the foot rests for the papasan chairs.
5) The questionable white stains on the navy blue bedspread. Enough said.
6) The management company. We had to call the mgmt. company multiple times to get the issues mentioned above taken care of (including a clogged sink). No one came to clean the oven for three days, so our friend spent an hour of his vacation scraping and scrubbing it out.
7) Our less than complete deposit refund. After all of the above, the mgmt. company had the gall to deduct $40 from our deposit for a small tear in a bedspread they say we made. Make sure you check all your linens folks.
8) The homeowners. The mgmt. company called them to negotiate the deposit, and they said no, and that we left beds off the bed frames, dishes unwashed, and falsely accused us of smoking marijuana in the house. We hand washed and put away a bunch of dishes and left the rest in the dishwasher with it running. No beds were off the frames. I know this because I went around to each room to make sure no one had left anything, and checked under all the properly aligned beds. We did all of this because we are responsible adults, not irresponsible, uncaring kids.
9) The tenth con is yet to come, but it will be the passive aggressive accusatory response that either the homeowner or the management company leaves.
We stayed there Mid September. It is a wonderful location so close to the water. you cannot beat the view. The house has a good floor plan. Beds and showers are fine. The floor was filthy. Not sure when it had been cleaned. I was most disappointed about the porch. It was dirty with terrible chipping paint on the floor and lots of junky, broken furniture.
|Cleaning fee w/ linens||$194|
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Turn Day Saturday to Saturday
Deposit due within 24 Hours of Booking. Final Payment due 30 Days prior to arrival. Payment Via Paypal. Easy and secure. or you can mail a check