In September St Croix was hit by two category 5 hurricanes in less than two weeks. Our unit, C-1, had no damage and we are happy to say that Gentle Winds had minimal damage. There are a few leaning coconut palms and the renovation of our snack shack will soon be completed. We thought we would need to take all new photos, but everything looks better than ever! There was a lot of rain after Maria and everything is lush and green.
The Crucians are resilient and friendly and helpful as ever, although lots of residents were without power for many months and some lost their roofs and personal property to the wind and rain.
Cruise ships that used to call on St Thomas are now calling on St Croix. Restaurants, shops and attractions are as active as ever.
Come enjoy our beautiful island!
GENTLE WINDS CONDOS
-Gentle Winds is one of St Croix's premier vacation condos. Only 64 units on 66 lush acres. No high-rise. No crowds. (Only about forty units are made available to rent. The others are used exclusively as vacation homes for their owners.)
-Located centrally on St. Croix's mostly undeveloped scenic North Shore. Gentle Winds is adjacent to Salt River National Park and Ecological Preserve.
-Restaurants, shopping, marina, diving, kayaking,18 hole Robert Trent Jones golf course just minutes away.
-15 minutes from picturesque, historic Christiansted; 20 minutes to Frederiksted
-Gentle Winds has one of the island's most beautiful swim and snorkel beaches and it is virtually private. There is a safety rope demarcating the sandy bottomed swim area. Lounge chairs and tiki huts are numerous and readily available.
-Enjoy one of St Croix's most beautiful pools, a huge salt water pool (not chlorinated) in a gorgeous setting.
-There are tennis courts, a four hole golf practice green, club house with game room, a tiki bar for drinks and lunch, basketball court and children's play area. Sporting equipment like tennis racquets and golf clubs are available to borrow 24-7 for free!
-Peaceful, friendly ambiance, but lots of exciting activities are available close by.
BE SURE TO READ ON FOR DETAILS AbOUT C-1 ITSELF
* C-1 is a first floor end unit with garden room, screened porch and intimate patio– a spacious 1520 square feet. C-1 is one of only about a half dozen units with a patio .
* Stunning views to pool and sea. You can see the breakers from all the rooms except the bathrooms, and landside bedroom.
* Direct access to the pool area and the beach; just one step down from the patio and a short stroll across the lawn.
* Off-street parking right at the front door
* 2 bedrooms, (1 king, 1 queen) 2 baths, plus queen pull-out sofas in living room and front entry room. Can sleep up to 8.
* Bright, cheerful tropical décor
* Satellite TV, DVD, CD, Roku for streaming thousands of movies, TV programs, sports events, music, etc., Radio, free wireless internet access
* Fully equipped kitchen
* New fridge dispenses ice cubes and crushed ice
* All linens and beach towels provided
* Washer/Dryer in unit
* Ideally sited to capture the refreshing trade winds off the sea. Central A/C if you prefer.
* Ideal accommodations for a romantic hideaway, for families with small children or teenagers, or for seniors.
* Master bath is senior friendly with grab bars for tub and toilet. Also, being a ground floor unit, C-1 has just a few steps)