|Space||800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Completely renovated and redesigned for the luxury traveler with decidedly modern flair and high end finishes , this immaculate cottage offers you five-star luxuries in a quiet location just 1/2 block to Avenida de la Playa's fine restaurants and shops. (Should this cottage be booked for your dates, booked, please see its sister cottage, HomeAway # 3573294)
• Best location in LJ Shores: JUST off the beaten path in quiet residential area 1/2 block to shops, restaurants, and about two blocks to the beach.
• One-car garage parking, (mid-size car)
• Secluded entry patio with its umbrella-topped table, surrounded by the private fenced garden
• Fire bowl in a completely secluded patio for easy evening conversation.
• "Heavenly" beds with highest quality cotton bedding, feather beds, and blackout shades for easy sleep.
• Wifi , Flat panel HDTVs with extended cable offerings in living room and bedroom suites
• Perfect floorplan with bedrooms set at opposite ends of the living areas, each opening to the private back patio
• Fountains, gorgeous night lighting, sun loungers and wall sculpture.
Walk just steps to Barbarella, The Shorehouse or up the beach to Caroline's for breakfast, and enjoy the finest dining at every hour all along Avenida de la Playa, as well as kayak, bike, paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons.
We provide the beach chairs and towels-- you provide the free-spirited fun!
**We offer a strictly non-smoking environment and invite discerning travelers who will appreciate and care for our property as if it were their own. Please do not inquire for larger groups, large dogs or for stays less than one week... And I'm sorry, we do not discount. Ever. (And I do so hate having to say 'no' to you!)
- One week minimum, four persons maximum. (Yes, babies, toddlers and kids are people, too!)
Enjoy spacious floor plan with two separated en suite bedrooms and two private outdoor living areas with beautiful furnishings:
- Top quality new 'Heavenly ' beds: one Cali king bed plus two twins (or a king) with luxury linens, featherbeds, fine down and down-alternative pillows.
- Large PRIVATE courtyard patio with gorgeous evening lighting, fire bowl, water feature fountains, barbecue, plus private fenced entry patio with table, chairs and umbrella... (Patios are yours alone)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- New, fully-stocked kitchen with laundry, new baths, new plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Flat screen HD TVs with fully extended cable offerings
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs, beach towels
- Shared garage parking for one car in two-car garage
- 3 blocks to the sands of La Jolla Shores, two to La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Our to-the-studs renovation was carefully designed with top-of-the-line eco-responsible materials including stylish recycled concrete and glass flooring, backsplash and countertops, dimmable LED lighting, lo-flow wc, and brand new energy-efficient appliances.
We are enthusiastic five-star travelers who appreciate that YOUR holidays are precious, and we know what you expect from your luxury vacation stay. Greg has been one of La Jolla's top real estate brokers for over 37 years and Marilyn works as his Marketing Associate-- and we are dedicated to ensuring you an upscale experience in our La Jolla Shores home.
Located just around the corner from La Jolla Shores Village's best restaurants and the beach, this mid-century modern gem was ready for a full renovation. A duplex attached by a wall joining two separate courtyard patios, the two one-level cottages are bright, open and new, new, new throughout. Seamless indoor-outdoor living in a superb location!
- Indoor-outdoor perfection with TWO private outdoor living areas
- Superb, quiet location in the heart of La Jolla Shores
- Bright, open interiors with new everything
- One-level ease
"First I just wanted to let you know that we LOVED your place!
We have been doing this family trip to visit my mom (Grandma) for almost a decade now and we have stayed all over La Jolla Shores... By far (!!!) this place has been the best and all of our favorite."
Extremely clean first class cottage. Ideal vacation spot so close to beach yet not crazy beach parties quiet upscale area. Hope to stay here again.
I stayed for 3 months and just loved this cottage. It is very comfortable with 2 outdoor spaces that we used all of the time. The hummingbirds visit the courtyard water feature every morning and evening. The beds, bedding and towels are super comfy.
Very close to the beach and great restaurants. Only a little over a mile to La Jolla Cove and village We didn't have a car for most of the time and took Lyft all over San Diego. There are a number of adventure outfitters here for biking, surfing, kayaking, etc. Marilyn is great! I would stay here again anytime.
What an awesome place to stay! Just steps to the beach, shopping and dinning. A place you'll certainly want to go back to visit. Modern and new meet tradition and casually luxurious - worth every penny!!
We have stayed in the lovely cottage a number of times now. It is wonderfully located, very comfortable, decorated with great taste and "livability:. Once again, the beach access, local restaurants, and general ambiance lived up to the expectations that we had.
Our previous stays have been without any problems. "Things happen", and there were several property problems that came up on this stay. The only reason I bring this up in a review is that Marilyn and Greg, despite being out of the country for the bulk of our stay, were in rapid communication with us and with the people they had on board to service the issues that needed attention. So my purpose in reviewing is not to discuss problems that arose -- something has to happen to someone at some time --- but to emphasize the fact that the owners were "on it" and saw to it that the issues were rapidly, efficiently, and pleasantly resolved. My point is that, in addition to providing a charming and comfortable environment, the owners are pleasantly, rapidly and efficiently responsive to resolving any issues that come up. We are certainly looking forward to our next visit!
My family of four stayed here for a week. This is a great place in a great location. Beach, restaurants and playground for kids are all a short walk away. The house is cozy, but doesn't feel cramped at all. The outside areas in front and back are nicely furnished and very comfortable. Included beach chairs, sand toys and body boards were nice additions and came in handy. Garage parking was also nice to have.
Marilyn was a pleasure to deal with. All of my questions (and scheduling changes) were handled quickly and accurately. We had a great time here. I would stay in this house again any time.
We had a wonderful time in this lovely cottage! Perfectly situated within easy walking distance of several restaurants, recreational rentals, mini market and the beautiful La Jolla Shores beach. Home has a clean, welcoming and updated feel. Immediately relaxing upon entering! Owner Marilyn couldn't have been more accommodating, she was just great in every way! Having access to the garage and beach equipment was a real plus too. We plan to return every year! A real gem, thank you.
La Jolla is world renowned for its scenic beauty and vibrant cultural community... Enjoy the beach, golf, La Jolla Playhouse's Tony-award winning productions, Museum of Modern Art San Diego, Sea World, Birch Aquarium, surf, sunsets, and sea!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 25 2017 - Sep 5 2017
7 night minimum stay
Dec 23 2017 - Jan 2 2018
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Cleaning Fee (per week)||$200|
Please see Rental Agreement for terms
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.