About the property
- Cottage900 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
Luxurious 2/2 with Fabulous Private Indoor-Outdoor Living
Just steps from the beach and 1/2 block to Avenida de la Playa's fine restaurants and shops, this completely renovated, redesigned was created for the luxury traveler with mid-century flair and high end finishes. Enjoy five-star bedding, linens, and privacy in a quiet location . (Should this cottage be booked for your dates, please see its sister cottage, HomeAway # 3573294)
• Best location in LJ Shores: JUST off the beaten path in quiet residential area 1/2 block to shops, restaurants, and about two blocks to the beach.
• One-car garage parking, (mid-size car)
• Secluded entry patio with its umbrella-topped table, surrounded by the private fenced garden
• Fire bowl in a completely secluded patio for easy evening conversation.
• "Heavenly" beds with highest quality cotton bedding, feather beds, and blackout shades for easy sleep.
• Wifi , Flat panel HDTVs with extended cable offerings in living room and bedroom suites
• Perfect floorplan with bedrooms set at opposite ends of the living areas, each opening to the private back patio
• Fountains, gorgeous night lighting, sun loungers and wall sculpture.
Walk just steps to Barbarella, The Shorehouse or up the beach to Caroline's for breakfast, and enjoy the finest dining at every hour all along Avenida de la Playa, as well as kayak, bike, paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons.
We provide the beach chairs and towels-- you provide the free-spirited fun!
**We offer a strictly non-smoking environment and invite discerning travelers who will appreciate and care for our property as if it were their own. Please do not inquire for larger groups, large dogs or for stays less than four days in the off season or one week (Saturday to Saturday) during the summer... And I'm sorry, we do not discount. Ever. (Unless you are a snowbird staying for 30+ days during January, February and March.)
- One week minimum, four persons maximum. (Yes, babies, toddlers and kids are people, too!)
Enjoy spacious floor plan with two separated en suite bedrooms and two private outdoor living areas with beautiful furnishings:
- Top quality new 'Heavenly ' beds: one Cali king bed plus two twins (or a king) with luxury linens, featherbeds, fine down and down-alternative pillows.
- Large PRIVATE courtyard patio with gorgeous evening lighting, fire bowl, water feature fountains, barbecue, plus private fenced entry patio with table, chairs and umbrella... (Patios are yours alone)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- New, fully-stocked kitchen with laundry, new baths, new plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Flat screen HD TVs with fully extended cable offerings
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs, beach towels
- Shared garage parking for one car in two-car garage
- 3 blocks to the sands of La Jolla Shores, two to La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Our to-the-studs renovation was carefully designed with top-of-the-line eco-responsible materials including stylish recycled concrete and glass flooring, backsplash and countertops, dimmable LED lighting, lo-flow wc, and brand new energy-efficient appliances.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 16, 2018
We are enthusiastic five-star travelers who appreciate that YOUR holidays are precious, and we know what you expect from your luxury vacation stay. Greg has been one of La Jolla's top real estate brokers for over 37 years and Marilyn works as his Marketing Associate-- and we are dedicated to ensuring you an upscale experience in our La Jolla Shores home.
Why Marilyn chose La Jolla Shores
Located just around the corner from La Jolla Shores Village's best restaurants and the beach, this mid-century modern gem was ready for a full renovation. A duplex attached by a wall joining two separate courtyard patios, the two one-level cottages are bright, open and new, new, new throughout. Seamless indoor-outdoor living in a superb location!
What makes this Cottage unique
- Indoor-outdoor perfection with TWO private outdoor living areas - Superb, quiet location in the heart of La Jolla Shores - Bright, open interiors with new everything - One-level ease
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Our home away from home!
This is the second time we have stayed in this perfect beach cottage and plan to come back again and again! It is a perfect size for our family of 4, and walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. The owners are very accommodating, easy to communicate with, and overall provide a great experience. The house is clean, well designed, stocked kitchen with amenities, beach towels and chairs, and a firepit which is my favorite! I highly recommend this property!
Abigail, thank you! We are genuinely so thrilled to receive your review; we put so much love and care into the property that we just celebrate when we know you have enjoyed your stay. Yay! Thank you, thank you!
As usual, a wonderful stay
I am not certain how many times we have now rented 8032; but I DO know that -- each time -- it has been a great experience. We previously lived in La Jolla, and we view this cottage as our current "home" in La Jolla; we schedule our trips to La Jolla by the availability of 8032. When we return, once or twice a year for a number of years now, it is like returning to our own home. We know every inch of this charming, well maintained, comfortable and convenient accommodation. Perhaps more importantly, we know that Marilyn will do everything in her power to make our stay comfortable, and --if any emergency arises -- she is a phone call or a text away, with a solution. Some restaurants come and go, some neighbors come and go, but the consistency of the cottage and Marilyn's accessibility and help remain a wonderful "given". Five stars, and our thanks.
The perfect beach cottage!
This cottage was absolutely perfect for our vacation to La Jolla. Great location.. near everything and just a short walk to beach. Cottage is very tastefully designed and no amenities were missed. Marilyn was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We had zero issues during our stay, but I’m confident that any problem would’ve been handled with care. We wish we could live here forever! Thanks for having us and making our trip perfect!
Beautiful Beach Villa Close to Everything in La Jolla
Impressed with the location and modern accommodations of this great La Jolla VRBO. Kids loved the firepit and bbq patio. Adults loved the outdoor picnic table, walking distance to dinner and surf shops for the kid's boogie boarding adventures. Plus only 8 minutes off the road to San Diego for trips to Mission Bay outings for biking, fishing and the Zoo.
Beautiful Property. Perfect Location
The rental process, the property, and the experience were all perfect. Everything was exactly as expected and in fact exceeded our expectations. I also cannot overstate how wonderful Marilyn was to work with. We chose the property because it was close to the venue of my daughter's wedding, so I cannot say that I would stay there again, but only because I don't know that we will likely visit the area again anytime soon. But I would absolutely recommend that anyone one wishing to stay ANYWHERE in the greater La Jolla consider this property. It was spotless upon our arrival. The furnishings and amenities were also first rate. And, again, one could not find a more perfect location to experience all that this community has to offer. While there may be properties that are less expensive, compared to hotels, and the experience you get, I found it very reasonable, and I can't imagine you could be more comfortable anywhere else.
Tim! You are the best! Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. I, too, so enjoyed working with you and I am delighted to know your daughter’s wedding was perfect. May marriage be as blissful for her always!
Lovely VRBO rental in La Jolla
This lovely vacation rental was exactly as advertised - well appointed home in a great location - very comfortable beds with high quality pillows and linens. Marilyn was most attentive and replied speedily to all of our questions. It’s very close to a beautiful beach and good restaurants and in a quiet neighbourhood. We loved the home and would definitely recommend this rental.
Ruth, we are endlessly pleased you enjoyed your stay and your rental. Thanks so much for taking the time to give future guests an idea of what they might expect. These cottages are more an endeavor in hospitality yhan anything else— so it makes my heart sing to read your kind review! You left the cottage in such great condition— we appreciate your TLC!
La Jolla is world renowned for its scenic beauty and vibrant cultural community... Enjoy the beach, golf, La Jolla Playhouse's Tony-award winning productions, Museum of Modern Art San Diego, Sea World, Birch Aquarium, surf, sunsets, and sea!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Please see Rental Agreement for terms