|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
We offer unpretentious sophisticated comfortable accommodations. It is a 2 bedroom 1 bath that will absolutely take your breath away. The cottage, built in the late 1800s, has been completely remodeled with stainless steel appliances, including a washer and dryer. It is in a quiet neighborhood conveniently located within walking distance to everything happening in Downtown Napa: award winning restaurants, numerous wine bars, the Oxbow Public Market, the fairgrounds, and fabulous shows at the Blue Note -Napa Valley Opera House and Uptown Theater.
This is a newly redone historic-age house (130 years old) in downtown Napa. A couple of things to highlight:
Easily walkable to the downtown Napa:
* 2 blocks to the nearest Starbucks
* Maybe 4 blocks to "BIscuits" -- a nice (albeit slow) breakfast & lunch joint
* About 8 blocks to the center of downtown, with a plethora of restaurants, cafes, wine tasting rooms, and boutique stores
* Being toward the south end of Napa valley, this is relatively quick to get to from SF
* Quick access from the home onto the Silverado Trail (which is the most convenient way to get to wineries, since 29 is a parking lot on weekends)
* Centrally located in Napa for groceries, general stores, etc.
* Recently redone, old house. Tastefully finished. Wood and tile floors throughout.
* Nice open living area (kitchen, living room) with lots of counter space including a breakfast bar area.
* Only one bathroom.
* Washer and dryer off the kitchen.
* Handy blow-up extra mattress.
* Wonderful porch. Enjoyed many an hour sitting out enjoying the July 4 fireworks, a glass or two of wine, guitar, etc.
* We met the owners on the first day. They own a number of properties in the area that they are personally involved with (e.g. rebuilding older houses).
* Very helpful with tips on the area, activities for kids, etc.
* Their hospitality really made the stay more enjoyable.
* Strawberry farm stand a mile or two up Silverado trail on the left. I've seen this place 25 times but never stopped until this visit. Holy cow! Best strawberries I've had since I was a kid and my neighbor grew them and we'd pick them fresh!
* Oxbow Public Market - walkable or 3 minute car ride. Not really a market as much as a bunch of high end little shops stuffed into a building. But the fruit and fresh veggies were very good (and very pricey), the cheese was amazing, the pizza was great, etc.
* Biscuits. Restaurant. Just google for Napa Biscuits. 30 minute wait for simple breakfast items, but they're good. Not cheap, but good.
Overall, a nice few days in Napa with the family. Pleasant and helpful owners. Cute house -- cute in a way only an older house can be. Nicely equipped.
From beginning to end, our experience at the Napa Cottage was amazing. Before we even arrived, we were impressed. We were in contact with the owner who spent an exuberant amount of time setting us up with an incredible itinerary that suited our preferences and pricepoint. Upon arrival, we entered the unit with ease and slipped right into comfort and cleanliness. We were provided with all of the amenities of home and more! The location is downtown Napa and within walking distance of coffee, tasting rooms, restaurants and other conveniences. I highly recommend this property when visiting Napa and definitely make contact with the owner for recommendations! The insight the owner provided took our Napa experience to another level!
This is a great little cottage in Downtown Napa, perfect for Napa getaway. Great location, just a walk to downtown Napa or a few minutes to all the great wineries in the region. Very well kept and modern and very clean. Great spot!
We had an amazing time in Napa. The cottage was beautifully updated and quite spacious. Plenty of room for 2 couples! The pictures do not do the place justice. The location is perfect with Downtown Napa right around the corner. There was also an amazing Winery the owner recommended a few minutes away called Vinoce. We loved every minute of our stay. The owner was extremely gracious and responsive - she even joined us for a glass of wine one night! We hope to rent from her again. Thanks for the amazing time.
Place is very clean, modern and well decorated. Has everything you could need to cook (and drink wine). Close to downtown and Oxbow market. Owner is very lovely and helpful, she provided excellent recommendations for wineries, restaurants and activities. The chilled champagne and glasses waiting for us upon arrival was also pretty nice too ;) would recommend this property in a heart beat and would definitely stay here again!
In the heart of downtown Napa, walking distance to many restaurants, wine tasting bars.